Author's Note: sorry for the late update, but lately i've been trying to update all my fics cause i've put them off for too long. i hope i still have you guys. Just to refresh you guys a little bit, Buffy and Spike are kinda together, and just starting things up, Darla and angelus are dust and Spike let Drusilla go and banned her from coming back. ...please review!!








Chapter 12: Just When We Thought

Buffy and Spike woke up the same way they fell asleep: wrapped in each other’s arms. When Buffy woke, she realized her ribs had mostly healed. The second thing that came to her mind was that Angelus and Darla were finally defeated. And lastly, that Spike was still holding her. She stared at his sleeping form with a smile on his face. He looked so peaceful and innocent. Nothing like the ruthless killer he once was. That Drusilla made him. She was relieved that the raven vampire was gone, and spike and her could finally move on…hopefully together.

So lost in thought, she didn’t noticed that Spike was now awake and gazing at her with a smile on his gorgeous face. “Morning, kitten. Sleep well?” he asked, gently pulling her closer to his chest.

“Better than ever.” She replied returning his smile. After laying that way for about another half an hour, Spike and Buffy made their way downstairs to make breakfast. The two walked into the kitchen all smiles and holding hands.

“Good morning, Buffy…Spike.” Joyce said with a smile after she finished her piece of toast. “You guys got in late last night…nothing bad happened I hope.” She questioned, with a concerned look in her eyes.

“Angelus and Darla are gone. You don’t have to worry about them anymore, Joyce.” Spike explained.

“They left town?”

“You could say they’re dust in the wind.” Buffy joked. “We’re fine…Spike walked me home and stayed here last night. It was already light out, he wouldn’t have made it home.” She lied.

“That’s quite okay.” Joyce stood up and gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek and Spike a smile. “I have to get to work. I might be home a little late so you can order a pizza or Chinese…I left some money on my dresser for you.” The older woman placed her dish in the sink, and grabbed her purse and coat. “Take care you two…and Spike, keep her out of trouble.” she gave him a wink and with that left the house.

* * * * *

For the next couple of weeks, things had been pretty calm. Regular demon fighting on patrols, Buffy and the gang went to school without having to worry about some big bad stirring up trouble and Spike kept an ear out in the demon world of who wanted to try and kill the slayer next.

Word had been around that the Slayer had defeated Angelus and Darla. And he was glad that nobody knew it was him that did so. If word had gotten out that he had killed two of the most dangerous vampires; not to mention his own family, he would be hunted down and would never be able to get all the inside scoop about every demon’s plans to kill the Slayer.

Now Spike sat at the demon bar at the edge of town, amplifying his hearing for any news. There we’re two female vampires sitting in the back of the bar and at the sound of one name from their lips; Spike perked up. “I heard she’s back in town.”

“Who?” the other vampire asked intrigued.

“Drusilla.” She stated through her fangs with a smile. “She felt her claim with Angelus sever when the Slayer killed him…and now she’s coming to kill the bitch.”

The two females laughed. “Well, I think it’s safe to say goodbye to blondie. She’s been a threat to us for too long.” The two continued to laugh.

Spike’s anger got the best of him, and he stood up abruptly, knocking over his stool in the process and drawing the attention of everyone in the bar. He casually walked over to the pool table, grabbed the pool cue and broke it on the edge of the table. He strode over to the female vampires and staked both of them within seconds.

Tossing the stick on the ground he walked out of the bar and headed towards the cemetery to meet Buffy at the same spot as usual.

He saw Buffy sitting on a tombstone swinging her legs looking around for him. She felt him before she saw him, and glanced his way. A big smile lit up her face. She hopped of the tombstone and walked towards him.

“Hey!” she greeted, planting a kiss on his lips. She noticed he seemed a little out of it, and pulled away. “What’s wrong?” she asked with a frown.

“Nothing.” He dismissed, plastering a fake smile on his face.

“Liar.” She stated. She studied him for a minute before she continued. “Something’s coming isn’t it?”

“Yeah…Drusilla’s back. And she wants to kill you.” Spike replied with a look of anger and gloom marring his beautiful features.

This was his worst nightmare. He knew that if the rumours were true, then his ex had something big in store for the person who was quick becoming the only important thing to him. He remembered the promise that he made to Drusilla if she ever came back. Now the problem was...could he acually go through with it?

He turned his gaze to the blonde in front of him, and his heart almost broke at the look on her face. he could tell her mood had dropped, and he could see the fear that crossed her face.

Buffy's heart was racing a mile a minute. She wasn't afraid of dying. She was afraid of losing Spike. She knew of Drusilla's power over him, and no matter how much he denied it, he still had those feelings for her. She was his weakness...and maybe this time he'd give in.










A/N: please review!!!