Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the late update...been really busy, and i know i've said that before but i really was. i got too caught up in real life to be creating fiction. sorry again. hope you like this though...a little angsty.
Chapter 13: My Sweet Prince

“What’s wrong?” she asked with a frown.

“Nothing.” He dismissed, plastering a fake smile on his face.

“Liar.” She stated. She studied him for a minute before she continued. “Something’s coming isn’t it?”

“Yeah…Drusilla’s back. And she wants to kill you.” Spike replied with a look of anger and gloom marring his beautiful features.

This was his worst nightmare. He knew that if the rumours were true, then his ex had something big in store for the person who was quick becoming the only important thing to him. He remembered the promise that he made to Drusilla if she ever came back. Now the problem was...could he actually go through with it?

He turned his gaze to the blonde in front of him, and his heart almost broke at the look on her face. He could tell her mood had dropped, and he could see the fear that crossed her face.

Buffy's heart was racing a mile a minute. She wasn't afraid of dying. She was afraid of losing Spike. She knew of Drusilla's power over him, and no matter how much he denied it; he still had those feelings for her. She was his weakness...and maybe this time he'd give in.


* * * * *

Ever since Spike gave her the news that Drusilla was coming back, and wanting to kill her, Buffy was having trouble concentrating on anything else. Things we’re starting to get good between her and Spike since they defeated Angelus and Darla…but now that Drusilla was coming, Spike was becoming distant.

During the Scooby meetings he would seat himself away from her. He still patrolled with her, but he barely spoke, and instead of coming back to her house afterwards to spend some couply time together, he would decline an say he had stuff to do.

She was tired of it. He had something on his mind and she wanted to know what it was. So here she was standing outside his crypt preparing herself to ask him why he was acting this way.

She raised her fist hesitantly to knock, then rapped quietly on the door. He opened it wearing just his black jeans, and a bottle of beer in his hand. Without a word he opened the door for her and went back to sitting on the couch.

Buffy jumped up onto the sarcophagus, and stared at him patiently.

“Is there something you came here for?” Spike asked nonchalantly, his eyes never leaving the TV screen. The blonde slayer gave him a look of disbelief, then jumped off the surface with determination. Buffy shut the TV off, and stood in front of him. “I was watching that.”

“Well, this is the only way I can get your attention. What’s wrong with you lately?” she demanded angrily.

“What are you talking about, Summers?” the vampire asked on an irritated sigh.

“I’m talking about how you treat me as if I’m not even there. You completely ignore me when we’re around everyone, you’ve stop coming by the house…and when we do talk, it’s strictly business!” Buffy shouted. She took a moment to calm down, and with that her demeanor changed. “Did I do something wrong?” her voice was soft and wounded.

Spike stood up, and pulled her into his arms. “No, love. You did nothing wrong. I’m just having a hard time dealing with this right now.” He said resting his head on hers.

She pulled away from his embrace, and looked into his eyes. “Hard time dealing with what?” she asked curiously.

Spike took an unnecessary breath, and then let it out. He stepped away from Buffy and started pacing around the crypt. “This whole thing with Drusilla! She’s coming here-” the vampire was cut short by Buffy.

“And when she gets here we’ll deal with it. Spike…if we took on the gruesome twosome and won, then we can definitely beat Drusilla.” Buffy explained.

“It’s not beating her I’m worried about, Buffy! She has this control over me that I can’t explain, and I know she’s going to try and use it against me, and you.” Buffy gave him a confused look. “In her eyes…I belong to her. She made me, and in a way I owe her for that.” He stepped towards her, and put his hands on either side of her face. “You mean a lot to me, pet…you need to know that.”

Buffy had tears in her eyes at his words and dreaded what his next words would be. “But…” she started for him, her voice weak and full of ache.

Spike had a pained look on his face, seeing the hurt on Buffy’s. He brushed a strand of hair out of her face. “She was my world once. I spent over a century with her. She rescued me, Buffy.” Spike placed a soft kiss on her forehead and held her close to his chest.

“D-does t-that mean we’re over?” he heard her mumbled voice meekly ask.

Spike looked down at the top of her head, glad that he didn’t have to see the look on her face when he said this. “I think that we should take a break until Dru leaves.” In a second Buffy was out of his arms, and five feet away from him.

Tears filled her eyes again, and we’re streaming down her cheeks. “What?” her voice was rough with hurt and anger. “So Drusilla comes storming into town, and all of a sudden we can’t be together!?” she cried out.

“Pet, you have to understand-” the vampire started desperately.

“Don’t!” Buffy stopped raising her hand. “I think I do. I mean a lot to you…” Buffy started and Spike started to agree, but the slayer continued. “I mean a lot to you…but she means more.” She finished quietly.

“Buffy…” Spike headed towards her but she stepped back.

“Don’t. I have to go.” With that, the blonde turned around and walked out of the crypt without looking back. Spike watched her go, and sighed deeply. He headed towards his fridge and pulled out a jar of blood.

Right as he raised it to his lips, he felt a tingle on the side of his neck. He felt her before he saw her. “Looks to me like Sunshine’s upset.” Drusilla came out from behind Spike, and wrapped her pale arms around his waist.

“I thought I told you not to come back.” Spike claimed, his voice wavering a bit.

Drusilla turned him around to look at her. “But you missed me, my sweet prince. I felt it…you called me and I came to you.” She rested her cold palm on his cheek, and made along scratch along his skin causing blood to surface. Tilting his head slightly, she leaned up and licked it off. “Time to get rid of Sunshine…and that soul.” She whispered into his ear.




A/N: sooo....what do you think? please review!