A/N: so i know it's taking me FOREVER and a day to finish these chapters and it's bugging the crap out of me that i'm not finishing them sooner, but school is my first priority right now. anyways i've been really sick with this flu that's been going around and i've been in the hospital for the last two days. so when i'm feeling better i'll try and get my other stories updated. sorry for the long wait i hope i'm not disappointing you. please don't hate...lol and don't forget to review! love y'all





Chapter 14: Worthy Of Three


Beautiful dawn - lights up the shore for me
There is nothing else in the world,
I'd rather wake up and see with you
Beautiful dawn - I'm just chasing time again
Thought I would die a lonely man, in endless night
But now I'm high; running wild among all the stars above
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me



Spike sat alone in his crypt, thinking about Buffy. He had kicked Drusilla out, not falling for the charm she was trying to lay on him. He had been sitting there thinking for a couple hours and he still hadn’t heard for the blonde slayer.

Getting out of his chair, he grabbed his coat and headed to Buffy’s house. Along his walk, Spike thought in his head what he would say to her. Here he was now standing on her front lawn and he still didn’t know what to say. Spike stood behind the tree looking up at her bedroom window and noticing the light was off. She’s probably not home. the vampire thought.

Just as he was about to turn away, he heard a door open and close. Looking over to the front porch, Spike saw Buffy sitting there with her arms wrapped around her knees and her head down.

He walked over slowly, and the slayer’s head shot up. “What do you want?” her voice was distant and weak.

“To talk.” Spike said, standing in front of Buffy.

“I don’t want to talk.” She claimed turning her head away.

Despite her answer, Spike sat down beside her anyway. “Then just listen.” Without a word Buffy turned her head back towards him and raised her eyebrows waiting for him to continue. “I’m sorry about earlier…I didn’t want this to happen.” He started.

Buffy by now was confused.

“Spike, what are you talking about, what’s happening?”

Spike sighed briefly, and then continued. “I didn’t mean what I said earlier about taking a break. I don’t want that.” the vampire turned more towards her. “Drusilla’s back, and she’s pissed. If she knows me and you are together, she’ll go after you to get to me. The farther you are stay away from me the better…just until she’s out of the way.” Spike explained.

Buffy sighed, “And I’m supposed to what…sit around and wait while she steals you from me right under my nose? Now that Darla and Angelus are gone all she has is you. Why else do you think she came back?” the slayer paused. “I’m surprised she hasn’t stopped by to visit you yet.” She finished, looking back to the front yard.

Spike stayed silent, not really wanting to mention that Drusilla had indeed stopped by and made her presence known only second after Buffy had left.


Beautiful dawn - melt with the stars again
Do you remember the day when my journey began?
Will you remember the end of time?
Beautiful dawn - You're just blowing my mind again
Thought I was born to endless night, until you shine
High; running wild among all the stars above
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me



“Pet…” Spike waited until Buffy faced him again before continuing. “You have me…okay? No one, especially Drusilla will take me from you. You have to believe that.” By this time two great tears fell from the blonde’s eyes, and Spike instantly wiped them from her cheeks. “It’s only for a little while, luv. I just don’t know what I would do if she hurt you.”

“I’m not a little girl, Spike. I can take care of myself.” Buffy chimed in, her demeanor changing from sadness to annoyance. “Remember I not just this weak princess…I can hold my own, and I’ve been doing it since before you came here, so I don’t need you protecting me all the time.” She countered, standing up and walking towards her front door.

“Luv, wait!” Buffy spun around, and watched as Spike stood up as well and walked closer to her. “I’ll try to stop by tomorrow morning okay? Drusilla won’t risk wandering about during the day.” Relief shone in the eyes of the woman who was rapidly becoming his everything. He pulled her into his arms and kissed the top of her head. “I’m yours…I’m always yours.”

Buffy pulled away slowly, and looked up at him with hope in her eyes. “Do…do you want to maybe spend the night? Mom’s not home again and I really don’t want to be here alone.” She saw the slight hesitation in his face. “And that also means you don’t have to run over here sizzling under a blanket.” She finished with a triumphant smile when he let a beautiful smile grow on his face.

“Hmm…no sizzling, okay…what else?” Spike lifted one finger on his hand as if to keep a tally.

Buffy pretended to think about it for a second. “Uh…what about breakfast in bed? I can run to the butcher’s in the morning and pick you up some O-Neg. I know it’s your favorite.” She perked with a bright smile.

Another finger went up on Spike’s hand, and an idea hit the blonde. She leaned up and whispered in his ear. When she pulled back the last three fingers shot up one right after the other. At her questioning look he explained.

“That one was definitely worthy of three.” They both smiled at each other like teenagers in love, and Buffy jumped into his arms wrapping her arms and legs around his waist, and kissing him with so much passion it stunned him.

Without further notice Spike blindly reached for the doorknob and stumbled through the threshold.

Will you be my shoulder when I'm grey and older?
Promise me tomorrow starts with you,
Getting high; running wild among all the stars above
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me





A/N: thanks for reading...