Author's Chapter Notes:
Last Chapter! i'm so glad i'm finally getting these finished. I ended it just the way i wanted to, and it work with no flaws. i hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it.
"I’m so so sorry.” He sobbed into her chest, and all Buffy could do was cry herself and comfortingly run her fingers through his blonde locks.

“It’s okay, Spike…It’s gonna be okay.” She whispered.



Chapter 18: Leave Us The Bloody Hell Alone!!!


Buffy woke up hours later, curled up next to Spike downstairs on the bed. His arm was slung protectively around her, as if keeping her from leaving him. Yeah like that would ever happen. she commented to herself.

Buffy smiled, and started peppering kisses all over Spike’s face. She watched, as he would flinch every once in a while, till he finally woke up. “Do you plan on waking me up everyday like that?” he asked sleepily.

Buffy nodded against his chest. “Well then I can’t wait for the rest of my life.” He pulled her closer to him and kissed her passionately. “I’m sorry about everything, pet.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad you can’t resist me.” she joked with a giddy smile.

“Damn right!” he was just about to kiss her again when he heard a slam from upstairs. “What was that? Stay here, I’ll be right back.” Spike got out of bed and pulled on a pair of jeans and a black shirt.

“Do you really have to put clothes on? You look so good without.” She claimed with a pout as she sat up in bed with the sheet wrapped around her.

Spike smirked at her. “So do you, pet. But do you want whatever baddies up there to see my naughty bits? Possible female baddies?” he rephrased.

“On second thought.” Buffy perked up. She threw him his leather duster as well. “Stay as covered up as possible.” She pointed and mocked scolded him. She didn’t actually expect him to wear it…for it would look weird if he was wearing everything but his shoes.

He chuckled at her and laid his duster out on a chair. He headed up the ladder and into the main room to find a female figure standing by the door, blanket in hand. “What are you doing here Drusilla? I don’t think you’re understand my half of every conversation we have!” Spike raised him voice.

Dru pouted. It wasn’t anything like the pout Buffy had just given him…this pout had no effect on him at all. “She’s here isn’t she? The slayer…I smell her. Why haven’t you killed her yet, my Spike?” the vampire asked forcefully as she stepped closer to him. “This wasn’t the way I saw it!”

Spike frowned. “Are you talking about your bloody visions again, you silly bint?! I don’t care what you saw…or what you expected me to do!” he knew Buffy was crawling up the stairs and was hearing everything that was going on. “I’m not yours to play with anymore, Drusilla! I’m with Buffy now whether you like it or not…” Buffy came up behind him, and he reached out to her and intertwined his fingers with hers. “Now leave us the BLOODY HELL alone!!!!” Spike raged, yelling at his sire like he never had in his life.

She seemed to be shocked by this as well as Buffy who had never heard him this anger before either. Drusilla nodded slowly. “If that’s how you want it.” She glanced at Buffy and held her gaze for a while before speaking. “You’re very lucky…He’ll take good care of you.” The loneliness in her voice almost made Buffy’s heart break, but then she remembered everything that she ever did. But she noticed that all Drusilla really wanted, was Spike’s love…his care; maybe she wasn’t so inhuman after all.

Drusilla placed her blanket on the floor carefully, and then threw Spike one last sad smile before walking out into the brightly lit day. It was a quiet end for her. She didn’t scream, she didn’t struggle…and there was no injustice of someone taking her life for her.

Spike felt an emptiness in his body…a feeling every vampire feels when they lose their sire. But he felt the void being filled as Buffy wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed his chest, whispering. “It’s over…it’s finally over now. It’s gonna be okay, I promise.”

And she kept that promise.

* * * * *

Drusilla wasn’t lying that day when she said that Spike would take good care of her. He did…he was very good to her, maybe too good. Nah. she smiled to herself. She knew that it would be a little difficult with a vampire as your boyfriend, but she loved him too much to care.

He brought her to her Senior Prom, and made every single girl in that school jealous of her. He watched as a little man on stage announced a new award to the student body. ‘The Class Protector’ which much to Buffy’s surprise, went to her. Her urged her to go up and accept her award with a kiss on the forehead. She accepted, humbly of course, and thanked her graduating class. Spike as well as the rest of her friends cheered her on as she returned to their table.

“I can’t believe I got an award.” She said with a gaze of awe at the golden umbrella that was giving to her.

“It was well deserved.” Willow stated with a firm nod. “I guess people noticed you more than you thought, huh?”

Yeah I guess.” She cuddled into Spike’s embrace, as they continued to chat amongst themselves.

Giles appeared at the table. “It seems Spike got something well deserved also.” Everyone at the table frowned in confusion including Spike.

“What are you talking about mate?” Spike questioned.

Giles pulled his hand out of his pocket and held a little box in his hand. “I went through a lot of trouble to get this for you boy, so you better appreciate it.” He said firmly. Giles had recently been quite kind to Spike, treating him as if he was his son even though Spike was much older. The vampire didn’t mind though…he welcomed it for it had been a long time since he had that kind of a figure in his life. “This is for you too Buffy, but mostly for him.” Giles handed Spike the box and waited for him to open it.

Spike opened the box slowly, knowing the anticipation was killing everyone. The look on his face was indescribable. “The Gem Of Amara.” She stated in a breathless voice. “You got this for me?” At Giles’ nod, Spike slipped the ring on his middle finger of his right hand, and stood up. He pulled Giles into a tight hug that surprised everyone including Giles himself. “Thank you…you have no idea-” Spike paused as his emotions got the better of him. “No idea what this means to me.” he choked out.

“You’re quite welcome William.” The two men pulled away and both sat down.

Everyone seemed to warm up to the fact that Spike hadn’t changed at all since losing his soul. Xander took a little long than most, but eventually he accepted it, and both men seemed to be on okay terms.

“So what does the ring mean? How does the ring affect me?” Buffy asked Giles, but he decided to let Spike take this one.

“The ring makes me untouchable. To everything; staking, sunlight, decapitation…”

“Eww.” Everyone at the table let one out.

“I know that one would be kinda messy.” Spike claimed. “And it affects you, because that means I can live life as you do…live during the day, and sleep at night. We can go to the beach, and the park. Anything you want to do during the day…we can do now. No more just seeing me on those dark nights.” Spike finished with a grin.

Buffy threw herself in his arms and silently cried. Finally…she had a normal life. Well, sorta.



THE END!


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you to all my reviewer and readers that gave me the time of day for my work...i love feedback please let me know what you think