Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long! Oh, and Cordelia isn't in this chapter because she's gonna be off meeting Harmony or something.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Three Families, One Town, and True Love (maybe)
Chapter Four: Sunnyhell High

Buffy sighed and looked at the building with distaste. Sunnydale High was your average high school: pretty people laughing at everyone else, stoners burning things on the front lawn, the works. She hated school enough in LA, but atleast there she knew people. The only people she knew here were either relatives or the Millers.

"It'll be fine," Willow said in an attempt to reassure her, but Buffy still felt like she was walking into the lion's den, and she doubted God was going to grant her the favor he did David.

First period rolled around, and Buffy was terrified to discover that neither Xander nor Willow had English with her. Reluctantly, she walked into the classroom, hoping to run to the back before the teacher attempted to introduce her.

"Ahh, you must be Buffy!" exclaimed Mrs. Walsh. No such luck. The short haired Teacher looked at her, without mcuh enthusiams, and beckoned her over.

"Er--Yeah, that's me," she answered, walking up to the somewhat intemadating woman, "Hey..."

"Hay is for horses, Dear," Mrs. Walsh said simply, with a slightly condecending air, before steering Buffy towards the front of the class.

"Everyone, this is Buffy Summers, she's new here this year, so I want you all to understand she's probably a little behind us: she's from Los Angelus."

Buffy inwardly scoffed, this woman didn't even know her, or her previous teachers! How dare she assume that she was going to be behind her class!

"The way I see it, she's prob'ly ahead. Big city has betta schools...mos' likely..." comented a voice in a thick Irish accent. Buffy spun around. Spike stood there in the arch of the doorway being extremely 'night in shining armorish'.

"And you are?" asked Mrs. Walsh, a little more than annoyed at his comment.

"Otha new student."

"Right; class, this William Miller, he's also new here, today."

"Name's Spike," he said, rolling his eyes and moving to a seat in the back. Realizing her horrific introduction was over, Buffy ran after him and took the seat next to his.

"Anyway," began Walsh, "Today we're going to be discussing this year's curriculum..."

"Hey," whispered Buffy, still grinning about his rudeness to the teacher who'd insulted her.

"Hey," said Spike, smiling back, "Where's Xan 'n' Will?"

"Their first period," Buffy answered, "If they were in charge of their own schedules I'd kill them right now...how could they leave me alone with this woman?"

"You aren't alone," replied Spike, still smiling at her and looking right into her eyes, compleatly ignoring whattever the hell Walsh was saying.

"I'm not?" she asked, knowing what he meant, but for some reason really wanting to hear him say it.

"'M here."

***

Faith walked down the hall, annoyed, she hadn't had her first three classes with Will and he had specifically promised to meet her and Connor in the courtyard for lunch. When she found him, she was going to ring his neck.

Eventually Connor needed to go to the library and Faith agreed to go with him. When she got there, there was Will along with Willow, Buffy, Xander, Dawn, a girl and a boy she didn't know, and a man she could only assume must be Rupert Giles as they had mentioned he was the librarian.

"Hey," greeted Spike, compleatly unaware of how angry his sister was with him. The minute he saw the look on her face he knew what was coming: "Oh Shit!"

"You couldn'a called me 'n' told me you weren' gonna show?" she asked indignantly, throwing an empty soda can she picked off the table at her brother's head. She then sat down next to Xander, "Hi!"

Xander, as he always did when Faith directly spoke to him, started babbling, finally, he managed to choke out the words "Oh, hi!' before blushing madly and wishing he'd said something more eloquent, or atleast gotten the response out right away.

"Hey, Faith!" Chorused the rest of the group.

"Hey, I'm Jesse," said the guy, who was obviously trying not to laugh at his friends discompsure.

The somewhat mousy girl Faith had noticed before, looked up, "Hi, I'm Tara." Minutes later she went back to studdying her own feet before Willow put an arm around her and lightly kissed her cheek.

Faith smiled and said 'Hello.' She was rather surprised though, for some reason she had expected Willow's girlfriend to be a bit more vibrant of a person.

She was also surprised by how close Buffy and Will were sitting. She really liked Buffy, but the last time she checked, her brother had a girlfriend. She cocked an eyebrow at him which she chose to ignore.

The rest of the day went by farely uneventful, and eventually everyone went out for icecream to celebrate the end of the day except for Buffy who wanted to go home, and Spike who'd agreed to walk her.

"So..You're Irish?" asked Buffy, realizing an instant later how idiotic that sounded.

"Las' time I checked, yeah."

"Do you miss Europe?"

"Sometimes."

"Do you miss your girlfriend?" she asked cautiously.

Spike smirked; "What makes you think I have one?"

"The 'baby, calm down' stuff the day we met kind gave it away," replied Buffy as the got to her house.

"That's a lil' complicated," said Spike as they walked into the house.

"Complicated how?"

"Long distance stuff....'n' she's havin' some problems..." Spike trailed off, looking increadibly uncomfortable, as though the topic of discussion actually hurt him a little.

"I'm sorry," said Buffy, seeing his discomfort and really wishing she hadn't brought it up at all, "What's her name?"

"Drusilla."