Author's Chapter Notes:
Check out my other fic "Out of the Hellmouth," if you haven't already.

PS: I'm not christian, I just thought the Millers being Catholic worked because the were Irish. This is not a "message story"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Disclaimer: I am a poor defensless child who owns nothing, leave me the hell alone.

Three Families, One Town, and True Love (maybe)
Chapter Five: The Punk Rocker and the Bumbling Idiot


Xander took slow breaths as he staired at himself in the mirror, it was getting ridiculous, he was spending more time in front of it than any of the various girls in the house that morning.

BANG BANG BANG!

"Xander!" yelled Cordelia in her highpitched, whiny voice, "I need to take a shower, or my hair'll look all gross!"

Xander rolled his eyes, "Hold on a minute Cordelia, I'll be out soon."

"I want you out now!" she screamed so loud that the entire house cringed.

"Xander, for God's sake, just let her in," yelled Wesley to the door as he walked past them, down the hallway.

Xander sighed, he knew he had no choice, Cordelia had quite the set of lungs on her, "Okay, okay," he groaned as he opened the door, "There; are you happy?"

"Just move!" she answered rudely, pushing him out of the way and slamming the door once he was in the hallway.

Buffy and Willow laughed from their veiw point a little ways down the hall. "Shut up," said Xander as he walked past them into his room.

"It's your own damn fault," said Buffy as the girls followed him, siduating themselves on his bed, "You angred the beast."

"Very funny. Now can you get out so I can change?"

"Xander," started Willow with a smirk on her face, "You're my brother...and a guy; what you sellin', I ain't buyin'."

Buffy laughed at Willow's comment before making her own, "Yeah, I'm not much for incest either, even if it is legal in our case."

Xander rolled his eyes and began to pull off his robe, "Ooo Baby!" exclaimed Dawn as she walked in, having obviously been listening to the conversation, "Take it off!"

After much laughter at Xander's expense, and everyone eventually getting ready, everyone in the house took off to their various destinations. Joyce headed to the gallery after packing everyone's lunch, Rupert took his own car to the highschool, Cordelia took her's , Wesley took his car to the university after ignoring a phone call from some girl named Lilah, and the remaining four piled into Xander and Willow's shared car to head to school.

"Don't let Xander drive," said Dawn as she climed into the back, "The next person he hits might not be as cool as Faith, and we don't need a law suit."

Xander rolled his eyes before letting Willow get in the driver's seat and taking shot guy, "Ha ha," he replied sarcastically.

"So why are you so gussied up today Xan?" asked Buffy as they pulled out of the driveway.

"He's asking Faith out today," said Dawn with a grin.

Xander turned to face her in shock, "How did you--"

"I heared you practicing in your room last night." The entire car erupted with laughter.

"It's not funny!" exclaimed Xander, "Do you think she'll say yes?"

"Xander: of course she'll say yes!" answered Willow.

"And if not, there's always therapy," said Dawn as they got out of fhe car, before running to greet Connor.

Xander looked across the front yard and found Faith with Spike. As he walked up, Spike almost instinctjvely walked off with Buffy and Willow, leaving the two alone.

"Hey," he said nervously.

She smiled, "Hey."

"I was just wondering, would you maube, want to get a cup of coffee after school?"

Faith grinned broadly, "Um..."

"I'm sorry," Xander said quickly, "it was stupid, I should've never asked."

"No, wait Xander! I want to go!"

Xander turned back towards her and smiled,"Yeah?!?!"

"Yeah."

"AWSOME!" everyone in the yard turned and looked at the two for a minute, Xander blushed bring pink "...Sorry."

***

"So where's your mum, then?" asked Faith as the two sat in the coffee house, taking a sip from her chipped mug.

"She died," Xander said quickly.

Faith grimaced slightly, wishing she hadn't asked the question, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," said Xander with a sad smile, "She was really sick, and it was a while ago, Will and I were like 10. But, my mum was spectacular, God she was beautiful."

Faith felt a twinge thinking about her own mother, 'So how did Willow get red hair, was your mother a redhead?"

"No. Her hair was my color, Willow got red hair from a bottle."

"That's so weird that we're both twins..." she said with a small smile, "Did you 'n' Willow inven' secret languages? Me 'n' Will did."

"Yeah...I think we did. So what about your parents, I mean, Angel's your gardian, right?"

Faith squirmed a little bit, "Yeah, me mum's dead too. Me da' jus' in't there."

"I'm assuming there's more to that story?"

"Not that 'm gonna tell you, but yeah."

The pair sat in a comfortable silence for a while before paying the check.

"I can't believe you're a devout Catholic!"

"What? Punk girls can't have...faith?" she asked, smiling at her own pun, "I'm Irish, what's to believe?"

"I just don't see how you can see the bad shit that happens, like our mom's dying, and believe a God did it to us."

Faith paused for a minute then brought him to a bench, "Withou' suffern', there could be no compassion."

"You show me a miracle, and then I'll consider the possibilty," Xander sayed as he stood up from the bench as continued walking.

Faith took his arm, swung him around, and pointed to a tree.

"....that's a tree."

Faith smirked, "Let's see you make one."