Author's Chapter Notes:
Some gore in this chapter as well, you've been warned.
Dark Reflection
Chapter Seven: Love hurts

Author’s Note: Incase anyone was offended by the gruesome attack that Isaiah reveled in Chapter 6, I apologize. I write to provide readers the same satisfaction that other authors gave me when I read their works. Most likely, that will be the most gruesome chapter, but there will be lots and lots of violence still. If you’re not into that, stop reading as of now so I don’t get pestered with annoying reviews. The disclaimers are there for a reason.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Buffy, sadly Joss Whedon does. I just use them and make them play with friends of mine.

Sunnydale, Hospital

Warren closed his eyes in anticipation of the bullet that would probably blow his brains into oblivion. He heard the distinct click of the trigger being squeezed, the sound so horrifying, it unconsciously made him piss himself. Urine covered his pale, blue jeans and his bowels opened up as well.

He opened up his eyes and saw the hooded green eyes that belonged to the Slayer. She laughed harshly, pulling the gun out of his mouth, and Warren saw that the safety was still on. He hung his head in shame, realizing that he had literally shat himself.

“Didn’t think it’d be that easy did ya?” Buffy asked dangerously, grabbing Warren’s hair and lifting him up off the ground. His lips quivered, teary eyes begging for forgiveness. But there was none, her distant, vacant eyes a black hole, sucking the very life out of him. Her smile didn’t reach her eyes, her anger burning so brightly, it darkened her eyes. It was a bottomless abyss, and he was lost in it.

There was no escaping…

Buffy lowered the gun to Warren’s left kneecap and shot him twice. Warren’s leg bucked and he stumbled to the floor in a flood of tears and blood. “Jesus!” he cried out exasperatedly, clutching his destroyed knee. She brought her leg back and snapped a harsh kick to his bloody face, knocking him unconscious.

*It’s only fitting. Dawn was unconscious when she passed.*

The crazed Slayer pulled out a stake out of her waistband. *He’s just as evil and sick as any vampire I’ve staked.*

Just as she was about to stake his prone form, a blur of black and platinum slammed into her, knocking her into one of the sofas in the waiting room. As she fell back, she saw Xander grab Warren’s unconscious body. She jumped back to her feet, slamming her elbow into Spike’s face, the bruised vampire slumping to the floor.

Buffy grabbed her stake and aimed it at Xander’s face. Her dark eyes shined with malevolence, her lip curling up into a sneer. As she went to through the stake, Spike swept her legs out from underneath her, knocking Buffy on her back. He slid into his demonic features and like the lithe cat he was, he pounced.

He began to savagely punch her in the face, unable to wipe the smirk off her face. “I just get my third Slayer yet, pet.”

Using his weight as advantage, she flipped him over her, and he was sprawled out. She straddled him, pressing her stake against his chest. “I don’t think so, Spikey.”

He scowled, sliding out of his demonic face and peering at her with ice blue eyes. “If shagging was what you wanted, you should of told me earlier.” Spike said, but Buffy laughed in contempt.

“What else could I want from you?” Buffy replied sharply, her words watering his eyes in newfound shame.

“The beating of a lifetime.” He responded, his anger getting the best of him. “Bitch!”

Xander laid Warren out on the floor and grabbed a fire extinguisher. Apparently, Spike needed his help again. Buffy raised her arm in the air, clutching a stake, and as she went to bring it down into Spike’s undead heart, Xander pitched the fire extinguisher as hard as he could.

It slammed into the back of her head, giving Spike the momentary advantage. He grabbed the metallic cylinder as well and slammed it into her face, knocking her clean off of him. He rolled over and stood to his feet and kicked her across her ribs as she bent over. The ferocity of his kick sent her spinning and crashing into the wall.

“Don’t kill her for real. She’s still Buffy.” Xander snapped.

“She’s the love of my bloody life, I don’t plan on killing her you insufferable git.”

“Funny way of showing it.” Spike turned around, and walked right into the Slayer’s fist. He landed hard on the tiled floor and didn’t stir.

She swiveled her head and turned to Xander. “Buddy.” She said sarcastically. She strutted over to him and calmly placed her hand on his chest. He shivered uncontrollably, staring at her, Spike, and Warren, both of them unconscious.

“Buffy. I’m sorry about Dawn. You know I loved her too, she was a special kid, all bright and full of life. I know Warren deserves to die, he should, but if you kill him, that’s his blood on your hands, and you’ll never wash them clean. I know you’re all marine like with the ‘kill, kill, kill’, but what’s going to happen when you calm down and you realize you just killed a man. Do you want that?” Xander asked, his tone pleading with her to stop.

“What do you want Xander?” She spoke seductively, slamming him against a wall, pressing her breasts against his chest.

“Buffy stop. This is insane, this isn’t you.” Though he begged her to stop, her closeness send a wave of heat to his groin, his jean clad erection rubbing against the crotch of her jeans.

“You’ve wanted me for years haven’t you; you thought that if you could love Anya you’d forget about me. I’m going to have to punish you Xander.” She lowered her hand to his straining cock, squeezing gently through the jeans. He let out an involuntary moan, his wildest dreams now coming true.

Speaking of coming, if Buffy didn’t stop, he’d be there pretty fast.

“You took my heaven Xander. Now I’m going to take yours.” With that she grabbed his crotch harshly in an unrelenting grip, and Xander howled in pain.

“We did it because we loved you. We thought you were in hell, and we wanted you out.” Xander begged, and she released him.

“And if I told you I’ve been sleeping with Spike for the last couple months, would you love me then?”

“What? You’ve been boning Resident Evil, that son of a bitch!” He barked angrily.

“Didn’t think so.” Buffy shifted to the left of Xander and landed an uppercut to his chin. Xander fell flat on his face, and he too passed out.

***

Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean

Rupert Giles sat in his seat on the plane, wiping off his glasses out of habit. He feared of what he’d see in Sunnydale, the sad destruction of what used to be his Slayer. Worst part was that it was partly his fault. He had abandoned her when she needed him the most, leaving her behind to fend for herself.

He’d never forgive himself for that.

If he had stayed, he might have been there to support her in her time of crisis. He might of taken out those geeks before they ever shot Dawn.

*But then again, if I had never left, Lydia Chambers wouldn’t be laying on me right now.*

Giles looked at Lydia, who was sleeping peacefully, her face buried in the crook of his neck, her soft breath cooling, yet tantalizing him at the same time.

*God, she’s beautiful.*

***

Buffy strode over to Warren’s prone body and lifted him up by the collar of his shirt. He was near death, the bullet wound had cause him to lose a lot of blood. If she was going to kill him herself, she needed to start now. Warren stirred, his mouth opening into a blood curdling scream but Buffy covered his mouth with her hands.

“Shhh.”

His muffled cries meant nothing to her. Whenever she felt like letting him go, all she could see was her little sister lying in the grass bleeding to death. Poor Dawn, bubbly personality, tall, and lanky, the best sister a girl could ask for. Rivulets of bright red blood spilling down her neck, the life leaving her eyes, eyes glazing over, and now Warren wanted to live.

She tossed Warren clean across the room, Warren going headfirst through the receptionist’s glass window, his head stuck, a large glass shard penetrating his throat. Blood began running down the window, and Buffy knew she had little time to do what she needed. She needed to kill him, if he died now, she’d never get the satisfaction of killing the son of a bitch.

She entered the receptionist’s office and strode over to Warren, grabbing his thick mane of hair. “No.” He pleaded, the words gurgling in his torn throat. With a disgusted laugh she yanked his head down, decapitating him on the glass. The separated head fell to her feet and she picked it up, her hard earned trophy. She left the office carrying the head and dropped it down on Xander’s lap and walked off, she still had the two remaining geeks to kill.

“Ssslayer.” Spike said, groaning in pain.

“Baby. I thought you liked it rough.” She turned around and headed over to Spike, lifting him to his feet by his throat.

“Sometimes, pet.” Spike stared into the black depths of her eyes and shuddered. It was like she was soulless, hollow even. “No matter what kitten, I still love you.”

Her green eyes sparkled with life. “Spike…” Her green eyes began flickering from green to black and void. “I got work to do. Join me and I won’t hurt you.” Buffy said, her tone gentle.

“What about you friends Buffy?”

“I’m not Buffy. I’m the Slayer, there is no Buffy here. She died when Dawn did and there’s nothing you or anyone can do to bring her back.” She let go of Spike’s throat and slammed her knee into his gut.

She turned away and began walking.

Spike began fading in and out of consciousness. He could have sworn he heard her whisper, “I love you too.”

Darkness overtook him, and he the pain stopped, feeling nothing.

Sunnydale Jail

“Ow.” Jonathan cried out angrily after Andrew kicked him in the shins.

“Warren will come to get us out of here. You just need to have faith.” Andrew said disbelievingly, as if he was trying to convince himself rather than Jonathan.

“What with his powers of great escape? Or maybe he’ll fly here in his little chicken wings and get us out, oh wait, chickens can’t fly, doesn’t that suck?” Jonathan replied, shoving Andrew up against the wall. “He’s not coming to get us, not him, not anyone.”

“I called my aunt and left her a message.” Tears blurred Andrew’s vision. He was too young to go to jail; he’d be eaten alive in this place.

“That was last night, she isn’t calling back you idiot. She doesn’t care either, we’re going to pay for our crimes.” Jonathan pitied Andrew, but he had to face the cold hard facts, they had to suffer the consequences of being a criminal.

“Warren’s just testing us. If we pass his tests, he’ll get us out of here. He’s probably placed a locator chip on us so he can arrive in the nick of time, just like in the movies.” Andrew denied Jonathan’s statement vehemently.

“Get it in your thick head, Warren isn’t coming.”

“Yes he is and I’ll search every part of your body in finding that chip.” Andrew grabbed Jonathan and began speaking into his chest, “Can you hear me Warren.”

“Get off me.” Jonathan shoved Andrew off him, sending him backwards into the wall.

Andrew broke down and began sobbing, tears streaming down his face. “He’s not coming… but he said he loved me.”

“Well he loved his ex-girlfriend too and look what that got her. You should wish that he didn’t.”

“I wish we weren’t in jail.” Andrew cried out to no one in particular.

There was a whoosh of air and Anya appeared before them. “Dammit, you sad little monkey. Wish done.”

Andrew and Jonathan disappeared; the only evidence left behind was Andrew’s tears on the ground.

Magic Box

Tara knew there would be a fight coming up. She didn’t know what she’d be facing, but she felt it in the air, her instincts had fired up. She had rushed to the Magic Box after her fight with Willow, in search of Anya. Just as Tara got there Anya had disappeared in flash of light, so Tara sat down at one of the tables and made herself comfortable.

She began researching for all the powerful spells she’d be able to use in the upcoming fight; she knew she’d need them.

Suddenly she felt like she was choking in darkness. Something was headed here now, something ancient and primal. The door of the Magic Box was kicked inwards, sending it crashing against some books.

“Hey sweetie.”

Buffy walked in, and Tara’s mouth opened up and she screamed.