Author's Chapter Notes:
If violence freaks you out, stop reading. I really don't want to get reviews on how violent this is with warning given ahead of time.
Dark Reflection
Chapter 8: War with God


AN: A lot of people have asked me if I plan on hooking Giles and Lydia up, frankly I don’t know. I’m setting up the stage for it, but I would like your opinion on whether you would or wouldn’t like to see that happen. Thanks to my awesome beta Spikez_tart.

Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land . . . you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

20:10-17 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . .as the Lord your God has commanded you.


Outside Sunnydale Airport

Isaiah Morrison stepped off the airport, the bright California sun beaming down on him. His eyes closed from the brightness as well as spiritual rapture. He felt like Jesus being baptized by John, with God beaming down on him baptizing him with His power and love. Sighing, he walked over to a water vending machine and purchased an Aquafina, twisted off the cap and poured the cold water over his head, the water sliding down his face and the back of his neck. He enjoyed its coldness, sighing as he reveled in his personal spiritual experience.

He was headed to the Promised Land.

A land overflowing with milk and honey, with demons…

And, her…. The Slayer, Buffy Summers.

She was no longer the single Slayer. He and Faith were living proof of that. He knew of the raven-haired beauty, of her evil deeds and sins, and her promiscuity. He was not weak like Faith or any of the males she slept with; he was the son of God.

He would make his way through the Slayer and he’d be in the Promised Land. He’d make miracles like never before seen.

Back in London, he had spoken with his Pastor, who had happened to study some wiccan spells. Magic was genetically passed down to him from his wiccan parents and he learned some pretty nifty spells. Reverend Kingsley had teleported him from London to Houston International Airport, where he caught a flight to Sunnydale.

He had much to do in such a little bit of time.

The sandglass had been turned upside down, and it was time to go to work and cleanse the world of the filth that clung to it.


1630 Revello Drive

Willow sat at the edge of her bed, sobbing. She had messed up with Tara again, and they’d just gotten back together. After Rack introduced Willow to even darker arts, she had accidentally broken Dawn’s arm due to her magic-induced high. It was her fault and she had a lot to make up to do. She swore she’d never touch magic again, but this latest tragedy pushed her too far.

Warren killed Dawn, and nearly killed Tara in doing so. Buffy nearly died as well. She wasn’t too sure on Buffy’s condition at the hospital, all she knew was that Warren was on the loose, and Dawn was dead. Willow would never get a chance to make up for her mistakes; Dawn wouldn’t hear her from beyond the grave. Sadly, Willow had to leave her there, she remembered Buffy’s pain and didn’t want Dawn to go through that. It hurt Willow because Dawn didn’t deserve her untimely death.

Now, he was a free man to do as he pleased. The cops didn’t have a clue as to where he was at, they searched his house and went to all his favorite spots. Warren didn’t turn up anywhere. But Willow could find him, but she shouldn’t. She swore to not touch magic anymore.

Willow’s eyes turned black and crackled with electricity at the thought of Warren killing more innocent girls.

*There’s no way he’s getting away with this.*

Willow grabbed a plain, white tee and laid it out on the floor. She was still powerful enough to do a locator spell without using any materials. She grabbed a jar of sand and formed a circle around the shirt. She laid out a piece of sage on the shirt and began. “Encontrandius.” The sage lit up and touched the shirt. A map of Sunnydale was crudely drawn on it. Drawn in blood were lines crisscrossing the shirt, and Willow waited anxiously for the spell to work.

“Show me Warren Meers.” She stared at the map and nothing happened. There was no light on it to show her where Warren would be.

A spell came to her mind, it was a little bit dark though, but it would do the trick. It would show what had happened to Warren in the last couple hours or so.

“Redunducio.” She chanted and used Warren as her focus.

Images flashed through her head and she saw Buffy decapitating Warren in the hospital. Willow gasped.

*It can’t be. Buffy wouldn’t do that.*

“Encontrandius.”

“Show me Buffy Summers.” She waved her hands towards the tee and a black stain hovered over where the Magic Box would be on the shirt. That couldn’t be Buffy, the mark was too dark. It resembled what a demon should look like, except there were gold speckles, miniscule in size surrounding it.

*Something bad must have happened.*

Willow grabbed a few items and rushed out of the door.

Magic Box

Tara stepped back.

She could see Buffy’s aura and it scared her. Before she died, Buffy had a golden aura, but lately it was tainted with black. Tara had just assumed the change in Buffy’s aura had been because Willow brought her back from the grave, but now Buffy’s aura was seriously wrong. It was black, with little speckles of gold, scattered around her. Buffy was evil…

Tara stared harder and realized the two auras were fighting each other, swirling around Buffy, the black part forcing the gold down. The woman in front of her held two different entities, the darker part of Buffy, the Slayer, was in control. And, that terrified Tara.

“What’s wrong, Tara?” Buffy twisted her lips into a mockery of a smile.

“Nothing, Bb-uffy.” She stuttered, her fear getting the best of her.

“Slayer got your tongue?” Buffy raised her eyebrow at the Wiccan. She moved quicker than Tara could imagined, and wrapped her fingers around her throat.

“P-p-please, Buffy…”

Buffy tossed the frightened witch across the Magic Box. Tara landed on the glass counter. It broke underneath her and shards of glass cut into her leg. Blood gushed out.

Buffy broke a glass display that held a sword, and walked towards Tara again.

“I need something from you. So, either you give it to me, or I’ll kill you.” the Slayer said.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to help you.” Tara sobbed.

“I need a spell, one that will make me not love someone.” Buffy said. She had lowered her eyes in shame for a split second before her pretty emerald eyes stared back at Tara. “I need to not love Spike any more.”

“You don’t want to love Spike?” Tara asked. She slowly getting lifted herself off the broken glass and pulled the shard out of her leg with a pained moan. She took off her blouse and wrapped it around her calf to stem the flow of blood.

“Yeah. I just realized it today, and I refuse to love him. I’m the Slayer. He’s a vampire. We kill each other. Nothing more.” Buffy said.

“There isn’t a spell to make you stop loving Spike. It wouldn’t work.” Tara said. She feared Buffy’s reaction.

“Why not?”

“In order for the spell to work, I’d have to magically sever the connection between the two of you, but spells don’t really work with vampires. Their demon has some sort of anti-magic barrier surrounding them from most of the stronger spells.”

“Spike and I are connected? Is there any way to break this connection?” Buffy asked.

“Hypothetically, yes.” Tara nodded. “Something ties you to Spike. Something that’s stopped you two from killing each other plenty of times. When you and Spike consummated your relationship, it meshed your auras together, creating a connection similar to vampires who’ve mated.” Tara hesitated for a second, and then continued, “While you where dead, Spike and I patrolled sometimes and I’ve seen a few nests that had mated vampires in them.”

“Spike never bit me.” Buffy stood there, anger etched on her face. “God, this is sick. I’m stuck to Spike.”

“It doesn’t have to be a bad thing…” Tara spoke, putting her hand on Buffy shoulder. She flinched for a second, afraid at what Buffy would do.

“How do you know that?” Buffy stared at Tara’s hand coldly before shoving it away.

“I can see auras. You and Spike’s look mated vampires.”

“How do I stop it?” Buffy asked, trembling with rage, she grabbed the sword she had grabbed and tossed it, breaking another glass display.

“I don’t know Buffy. I’m not sure,” Tara lied. “I’m not sure you should.”

“I can’t have this connection with him. If it develops…” Buffy said. Her mouth formed a sinister smile.

“There’s nothing I can do to help.” Tara said, eyeing the door for an escape.

“Well, I guess there’s no use for you alive then. Wouldn’t you agree?” Buffy asked

“That’s where you’re wrong Buffy.”

Willow entered the magic show, a blaze of light surrounding her, her eyes black as midnight.


Sunnydale Hospital

“Wake up, Spike.”

Spike’s eyes shifted back into focus, and he saw the carpenter hovering over him, a dark bruise spreading under his jaw. Spike stood up and brushed off plaster dust off of his coat, stumbling from the pain he felt.

“So much for stopping her, Spike.” Xander said, earning himself a glare from the vampire.

“I didn’t think she’d be that strong I feel like I’ve been run over by a bloody mob)” Spike looked up at Xander just in time to see the punch coming to his face. Xander’s fist connected to his jaw and Spike fell backwards, against the wall. Gold eyes replaced his blue ones and his fangs elongated.

“What the fuck was that for, Whelp?” Saliva dripped from his fangs and he bared them at Xander.

“You slept with Buffy. Why didn’t you tell me?” Xander spat at him, “I thought we were gonna start fresh, but you’re still the same lying dead guy.”

“Listen you git, it didn’t happen to be top news at the time. There was the pressing issue of Psycho Slayer to deal with.”

“You could have told me.”

“So you could stake me, you ninny? Buffy kept it secret because she was afraid, afraid of how you’d react. And , she was absolutely right.” Spike said. His golden eyes never left Xander’s brown ones.

“I wouldn’t have tried… Yeah, I would have, but it’s not every day your best friend sleeps with one of the cast from Dawn of the Dead. I’m sorry, but after Angel and Jesse, I learned I can’t vampires anymore.” Xander sighed.

Spike pulled a pack of Morleys from his pocket and lit one up with his silver Zippo. He blew smoke in the air.

Xander motioned for Spike to give him one.

Spike arched his eyebrow at him and tossed him the pack.

“After the day we’ve had, I’m going to need one,” Xander responded to Spike’s unspoken inquisition. “How did you and Buffy start… you know…with the humpage?”

“It started after Footloose, that dancing demon fellow took over town. But the rest, I’ll have to tell you over a few pitchers.”

“I’m going to hold you to that.” Xander said.

“You want to hold me, Whelp?” Spike said, running his tongue across his teeth suggestively. “Dracula told me you like vampires.” Spike laughed, pulling on his cigarette some more after he stopped laughing.

Xander turned red and turned away. He lit his cigarette up with a cough.

“So, what do we do now?”

“We find the Slayer.” Spike smelled the air for her scent and took off, Xander on his heels.


Magic Box

The room was deadly silent…

… Then, Anya teleported into the room with Jonathan and Andrew.

“I feel like I’m in Dragonball Z,” Andrew said. “And, Anya just did the instant transmission like Super Saiyan Goku.” Anya stared at him, a confused look on her face. “It’s like you’re Storm in X-Men.”

A look of disgust from Jonathan shut him up quick. Andrew surveyed the room and saw Willow and Tara, and then Buffy. He screamed shrilly and tried to run, but Buffy grabbed him by the back of his shirt.

“Where are you running to Andrew? Don’t you want to have fun?” Buffy threw him across the room into a shelf of books. She stormed after him, but a bolt of power smashed into her back. Buffy landed in front of Willow, her green eyes flashing.

“If you want them, Buffy, you’ll have to go through me,” Willow said.

“I guess this won’t take long, then.” Buffy said.

“Buffy, I’m not in this fight. Don’t hit me and cause broken facial bones.” Anya offered bluntly.

Buffy sprinted towards Willow, who was charging up her limited magicks. Willow threw another green bolt of light. Buffy jumped over the lightening bolt and landed a kick to Willow’s face. Willow’s head snapped back. Buffy swung her fist. Willow ducked, but not in time to avoid Buffy’s knee to her face, busting her nose open. Willow shoved Buffy back with her energy, knocking her back some.

Blood streamed down Willow’s chin and her eyes black.

“You really didn’t wanna do that.” Willow said, forming a yellow barrier of light around herself. She focused her magic into her outstretched palm. Willow powered up a large ball of energy, yellow in color that left the air sizzling with electricity. It was large enough that Buffy wouldn’t be able to deflect it.

“I think I did, Willow. Or, should I call you Magic-Holic Anonymous?” Buffy grinned.

Willow ignored her and poured all the magic left in herself to form a massive ball of energy. Sparks began to fire from it, shooting off in random directions. Tears of anger streamed down Willow’s face. A spell this powerful could hurt Buffy, but she had to take the risk. She couldn’t let Buffy kill anymore; it would destroy Willow’s consciousness.

She launched the ball of energy at Buffy.

Tara saw the size of the spell Willow performed and knew if the energy ball, the electrificus maximus hit Buffy, Buffy would die. Tara had to try to stop it. Tara cried out to her emotionally charged lover, chanting words under her breath to form some sort of counter spell. Tara wasn’t quick enough.

Before the energy ball could destroy her, Buffy grabbed Andrew and tossed him into the incoming blast.

The spell hit Andrew, and the smell of burning flesh reached Buffy’s nostrils. Andrew caught on fire, running around screaming, as the spell began to melt away his skin, he tried to put it out with his bare hands. He fell to the deck screaming, rolling around to put out the fire.

Tara yelled and thought of the first spell she could to put it out. She tried several spells but none would work against the spell Willow had created. Tara ran frantically across the room towards Andrew, while Jonathan grabbed several vials of Holy water to pour the fire out.

The spell being magically induced didn’t burn out, instead it continued burning, the hair being burned away, leaving an awful smell in the room. Buffy smiled, her Slayer side appeased.

Andrew was charred to a crisp, his body dissolving into ashes, as well as his future.

Buffy smiled, enjoying the sight, and then looking back across at Willow.

*Stupid witch bitch tried to kill me.*

Willow had a horrified look on her face. The spell she had created had backfired due to her personal anger at Buffy, and in the end would have killed her. Instead she ended up killing Andrew, one of Warren’s buddies.

*Good riddance.* Willow thought in the darkest vestiges of her mind. Meek, shy Willow fell to the ground sobbing. “Oh god, I’ve killed a man.”

“Time to die.” Buffy said, walking up to Willow.

“You’re right about that.” A voice said from outside the Magic box.

The door to the Magic Box was kicked in….

Isaiah charged at Buffy, a wicked katana held in his hand.