Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to teachers pet for betaing this and for all the reviews, again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Daddy


Chapter 13 Giles has a chat with Spike.

****A week had passed since the dinner at Spike’s, and Giles was at his home going over some of the passages he had found on Living Vampires, and a few different cures on how to cure a sick Vampire.***


Just then his phone rang, “Hello” He said once he had picked up the receiver.


“Hello Rupert.” Quentin said with a clipped tone.


“Quentin to what do I owe the pleasure, so late this evening?” Giles asked, as he tried to hide his annoyance with the head Watcher.


“I don’t know what you, or your Slayer had managed to do, but a couple of months ago another Slayer was called. Which changed the Slayer line, to now having 2 Chosen Ones.” The Head Watcher informed him.


“I can honestly tell you I have no idea what happened, there was a Prophecy where she was to face the Master and die a few months ago. But I can assure you by the time that Xander and Angel got there she was breathing and her heart was beating. She was a bit disoriented but that was all.”


Unbelieving what Giles has told him, Quentin informed him, “Well you must be hiding something, and that is part of the reason I am sending Mr. Wesley Wyndam-Pryce and his new charge Faith to Sunnydale. You will see to it that both girls are to be trained together. If Mr. Wyndam-Pryce sees anything the least bit fishy about all of this he will be reporting back to me. So for the record both you and your Slayer on watch, is that clear?”


“Yes sir, we will make them feel right at home.” Giles answered trying to hide his worry.


“Oh and Rupert please make sure your Slayer doesn’t pass her deviant behaviour on to Faith.” Quentin informed him.


“I will have a talk with Buffy, but I can assure you there are a few Vampires in Sunnydale that don’t feed, on humans and help protect Sunnydale. Buffy will not see them harmed and neither will I, they have proven to be quite a good resource.” Giles informed him.


“You know what the Councils view on Vampires are, so you better hope that your new partner will see it your way.” Quentin pointed out to Giles.


“Yes Sir, so when will they be here?” Giles asked.


“You have 2 weeks, Mr Wyndam-Pryce will be contacting you with the information, you will need by the end of the week.”


“I will look forward to it, thank you.” Giles said hoping he could get off the phone.


“Now I must ring off, it is early here in England, and I have more work to do.” Quentin told him.


“Yes, very well.” Giles replied to him.


*****They both hung up their phones.*****


_____________________________________________________________________________________



Giles put away what he had been working on, and right away thought ‘I need to speak with Spike’ Looking at his clock. ‘11:50 ten minutes to midnight, he should be up. He is a Vampire after all.’ Giles thought to himself, as he grabbed his keys and left the flat.


_____________________________________________________________________________________



Getting out of his car, he knocked on the door to Spike’s mansion, 10 minutes after he had left his flat.


A minion answered the door, and Giles said, “It’s important that I speak with Spike tonight.”


“Leave your weapon and come in, none of us will hurt you. I will go and retrieve Master Spike; he was tending to his Sire, Mistress Drusilla right now.” The minion ordered him.


A couple of minutes later the minion came back. “Master Spike said he would be out as soon as Jeff comes to take over for him. Dalton has gone to get him.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________



5 minutes later Dalton came into the Living room. “Master Spike will be here in just a minute, he would also like it if you would be kind enough to let me stay.”


“That is fine; I understand you are researching a way to cure Drusilla.” Giles asked when Dalton took a seat.


“Yes that would be correct.” Dalton told him.


“How far have you gotten?” Giles asked, wondering if he would need to help Spike after all with curing his Sire.


“Not very far I’m afraid.” Dalton admitted to Giles.


“You will need Du Lac’s cross and Manuscript.” Giles informed Dalton.


“I haven’t heard of them.” Dalton admitted again to Giles.


“I happen to own a copy of the manuscript, and Du Lac happens to be buried with the last of his cross which happens to be here in Sunnydale.” Giles informed him.


_____________________________________________________________________________________



Hearing what they were talking about, Spike said as he entered the living room. “You want to bring a cross into my home?”


“If it’s to cure your Sire, yes.” Giles said hoping Spike would not rise to the challenge there were far more important things to worry about right now.


“Somehow I don’t think you came all the way over here to talk about my Sire, at oh around Midnight shall we say.”


“In a way I did, but I will get to that, right now I ask you to sit down, even thought it is your house. I have come around a lot, but to be honest with you, Angel and you still make me a tad bit nervous.” Giles informed him.


Sitting down in front of the Watcher, Spike asked. “So what can I do for you?”


“Before you say anything I had a phone call not even an hour ago,” at Spike’s look he continued. “It was from the head of the Watchers council; you see I never understood till you came to Parents/teachers night why I was never notified of Buffy’s death at the Masters hands last June.” Seeing that Spike wanted to say something, he said. “Alright say what you have to say so we can move on, I would like to go home and try to sleep. Before I have to be at the school and see your Daughter in 7 hours.”


“Why are we rehashing stuff we already went thru, she is Immortal. As soon as she became the Bloody Slayer her demon became stronger.”


“Yes I am well aware of what we have talked about, but it still doesn’t explain that the Head of the Watchers Council who is in England and never been to Sunnydale lately knew about the Master and there was another Slayer called that night. When he called me, he told me, he knew she was alive and well and he wants to know what she did. To make it worse he will be sending them here to investigate what is going on, we have 2 weeks.” Giles informed him.


“Two weeks, then where do you go, she just released her identity to you and now she will have someone new, not to mention that she thinks of you as a second father.” Spike said angrily, while doing his best to remain seated.


“I’ll still be her Watcher; Sunnydale will have 2 Watchers and 2 Slayers. The only thing I can think of is that when the Master put her in his thrall, it shocked her system which cause her heart to skip a beat, there fore another Slayer was called. You should have seen her that night she was so disoriented.” Giles told him.


“Possible, so I might have a Slayer to fight after all, don’t know how this will affect Elizabeth.” Spike suggested to him.


“I am assuming that you would kill to protect your daughter?” Giles asked, already knowing the answer.