Author's Chapter Notes:
I am sorry to say that I had to make it so you were logged in to review. With some of the reviews I have gotten this week, I felt it would be better. Thanks to teacher pet for editting this for me and for all your reviews. Again i don't own them just like to play with them.
Daddy Dearest


Chapter 21


Friday the day that Wesley and Faith were due to arrive, Buffy entered the library that morning and asked Giles, “So when do I have to meet them?” While she thought to herself ‘please don’t say tonight, I don’t really want to interrupt the weekend with Dad to meet the other Watcher and Slayer.’


Seeing the look that crossed his Slayers face, he told her, “Don’t worry you get to have the weekend with your father. You can meet them Monday after school.”


Relief flashed through Buffy’s eyes and on her face before she answered Giles, “Thanks Giles, you are the best.”


“I’m glad you think so.” Giles said to her as he walked behind the counter and moved some more of the things he did not want Wesley to see.


“I get to spend the weekend with Dad and his crew; it is going to be so much fun.” She told him with a smile.


“I am glad you are happy, because we know how hard this is on both of you.” Giles told her, just as Angel walked into the library from the back stacks.


Walking up to Buffy and Giles, he asked, “New Slayer and Watcher arrive today?”


“Yes, I go and retrieve them from the LAX airport for 3:30 pm.” Giles told Angel as he took a seat at the table across from Buffy.


“So do you want me to train with Buffy tonight then?” Angel asked just as Willow, Xander and Cordelia all entered the library from getting their food at the cafeteria.


Buffy first looked at Giles then at Angel before she asked, “Do we really have too? You know I train with Dad all the time and am much stronger than a normal Slayer. Besides I was kind of hoping to get to dad’s early, so we can get on the road if you don’t need me.”


“I didn’t realize you were going anywhere with your father,” Willow said as she sat down beside Buffy at the table.


Smiling at her friends, “Dad decided it had been to long since he brought me to Disneyland so we were talking about going this weekend since we don’t know how much I will be able to spend with him after they arrive.”


“Their being here should not stop you from seeing your father Buffy. I also assume you will not be patrolling this weekend then.” Giles asked hearing for the first time his Slayer had plans to go away.


“Nope Dad is going to have a couple minions patrol for me.” She answered Giles popping the p in nope.


“I do say I am not sure how wise that is, since we have the new Slayer that is most likely also patrolling this weekend, in the future please inform me of any trips that you should wish to take in advance. I will also try to make sure the other Slayer doesn’t patrol this weekend while you are gone.” Giles told her.


“Thanks Giles,” Buffy said as she got up to hug Giles, and throw out her food, before she started to head for the library doors.


Seeing she was getting ready to leave, Giles called to her. “When does you mother get back?”


“Monday afternoon.” Buffy answered as she walked out of the library.


Turning to the other teens, Giles said, “You better get to class too.”


Getting up and also throwing their food out, they said “Bye Giles see you later.” Then they were on their way out of the library.


Looking at Giles after everyone had left; Angel said “Spike never mentioned anything about taking her away?” Then he added, “Do you still want me to patrol while she is gone? We both know Spike sends more than enough out to cover.”


“I will contact Spike and if you don’t hear from me, would you please patrol, for her. I do believe she does need this time off as well, it could get very stressful for her in the next coming weeks.” Giles told Angel.


“Alright if I don’t hear from you I will patrol and stop of at your house later tonight.” Angel told Giles as he stood up from his spot at the table and went to leave.


“Very well, I will see you later.” Giles said to Angel as he left the library.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Just after 3:30 pm at the LAX airport, Wesley and Faith walked up to where Giles was waiting for them.


“Rupert Giles?” Wesley questioned the man that he had only seen in pictures.


“Yes, and, would you be Wesley and Ms. Lehane?” Giles asked after he was addressed by his full name.


“It’s Faith, not Ms. Lehane.” Faith said letting him hear how annoyed she was at him using her last name.


“My apologies Faith, shall we go and get your things.” Giles said as he started to walk off to the baggage claim, leaving Faith and Wesley to follow.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


An hour had passed on the drive back to Sunnydale, when Faith asked, “So are you going to tell me what B, is like?”


After a couple of minutes he realized that she meant Buffy, and said “She is different than what I, was trained a Slayer should be. She is strong willed, and stubborn. She also needs to be free to do things her way, but she is the strongest Slayer I have ever seen.”


“Then you don’t know anything about me.” Faith told him, hearing what he had just said about his Slayer.


“No I don’t, but it will be a pleasure to get to know you, I do believe it is a first to have 2 official Slayers at once.” Giles suggested to the small group in the car.


“So when do I get to meet B?” Faith then asked.


“We figured you would want the weekend to settle in, so we decided we would have a meeting after school, where you can meet the gang, and Angel as well as Buffy.”


“Angel is a Vampire, how can he get there after school?” Wesley asked after hearing that he would be meeting the Vamp on Monday too.


“Sunnydale has many underground tunnels; he can go anywhere he wants during the day, if he chooses.” Giles informed them.


“B works with a Vampire?” Faith questioned, always being told that they were only for staking.


“Several actually, there are some in Sunnydale that are truly only there to protect the people.” Giles said figuring it might help them understand the roll of Spike’s minions.


“Is that not a little strange that they would we working to stop the Vampires.” Wesley asked being able to understand the Souled Vampire, but not others.


“Their Master would have their head if they let innocents get harmed,” Giles told them not wanting to really tell them if it was Buffy that was harmed, he wasn’t to sure Spike’s thoughts on others getting harmed.


As they pulled into the driveway of the address that Wesley had handed him. Faith asked, “So when should I start patrolling?”


“Monday would be good, Buffy is actually away this weekend, her mother is away so she is with her father, and Angel and the Minions are all out in full force. There are actually less deaths when they are all out, the Master of them must send out about 20 a night and they stay out from sundown to sunrise, I will make sure you eventually meet them when you are ready.” Giles told them.


“Weekend off, so what do you do for fun around her.” She then asked.


“You would have to talk to the teens about that, but I do know of a club called the Bronze.” Giles told her as he helped unload the back of the car.