Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long to post this chapter, as many of you know I have written up to chapter 16 from before, I just ran into a beta problem. Thanks to the lovely monika for betaing this.
2 Weeks later

While Patrolling with Buffy, Angel felt a familiar presence. "It’s getting late, maybe we should call it a night."

"Yeah it seems like a slow night. So I’ll see you tomorrow at the Bronze?" Buffy asked before heading home.

"Let me walk with you." He didn´t want to alert her to the danger, but he couldn´t get his mind off what he had felt earlier on.

After walking her to her door, Angel headed over to the school library where he knew Giles still was working.

As Giles heard the the door to the library open, he said out loud. "So how did Patrol go tonight, Buffy?"

"I just brought her home. I need to talk to you about something important."

"Ah it´s you. What is it then?"

"We might have a problem." Angel informed him.

"And what would that be?" Giles asked.

"I think William the Bloody is here. In Sunnydale."

"William the Bloody you say…isn’t he a member of the Order of Aurelius, just like you? In fact, isn’t he known as the second most feared vampire in history?" Giles asked.

"Yes, I taught him everything, I even taught him about Slayers and since then his obsession with them hasn’t changed. If he is in Sunnydale, he most likely has Drusilla with him as well. And he is most likely a master vampire now."

"Oh Dear Lord." Giles gasped.

"It gets worse and it has to do with Buffy."

"And that would be?" .

"When Buffy first came to Sunnydale, she had been bitten already by a master vampire. It’s actually some kind of claim, it works like a protection or something."

"Oh Dear Lord, I have never even noticed a bite mark on her."

"Well it is there and it´s William the Bloody’s bite mark. But what I don’t know is if Buffy knows how she got it. When I tried to talk to her about it she wouldn´t answer. At least the bite hasn’t been renewed since The Master killed her. But I happen to know that Spike has been in Europe for about 2.5 years, he was last in the USA 3 years ago."

Giles used a rag to clean his glasses "I guess I´m going to have to try and talk to Buffy about this."

"Do you want me to be there?"

"No if she won’t tell you, you better to not be here when I question her."

"I understand. I´ll talk to you tomorrow then." Angel said and turned to leave.

Giles at down at the table after Angel had left, lost in thoughts. *My Slayer has some kind of bite and I have never even noticed. If it is from William the Bloody…when was it put there and why? What will he do when he finds out she is the Slayer. Oh Dear Lord, this is just too much.* Getting up from the table Giles grabbed this stuff and left the library.

_______________________________________________________________________

The next morning

During the second period there was a knock on the door and the teacher was handed a note. "Buffy Summers, you are wanted in the principal’s office right away."

"Oh God, what did I do now?"

"Good luck." Willow whispered.

"Luck? I need a miracle." Buffy answered while walking out of the classroom.

________________________________________________________________


Snyder´s office

"Please sit down Miss Summers. As you probably are wondering why you have been called here, let me enlighten you. Parent-teacher night is only a few days away, and you Sheila are going to be organizing it. Whoever does the least work, I have a very nice reward for. Expulsion. Thank you for coming. Now please get back to class."


Buffy´s decided to visit Giles on her way back to class.

"Giles." She called out upon entering the library.

"Buffy what is it? Don’t you have class now?"

"Principal Snyder called me to his office and gave me the job to organize Parent-teacher night, so I´ll be an hour late for training for the rest of the week. I hope it is ok because if I don’t do it, it´s adios Buffy."

"Its fine, Buffy. Though I do have something that Angel brought to my attention last night that I need to talk to you about tonight, before or after we train."

"What’s wrong?"

"Nothing much." He said trying to get a look at her neck without her noticing.

"I better get back to class." Buffy said turning to leave.

"Yes my dear, that would be quite a good idea. I´ll see you tonight."

_________________________________________________________________

At Lunch

"So what did Mr. Troll have in store for you this time?" Xander asked with a huff.

"Parent-teacher night."

"Oh, so you are the one stuck with that fun chore this year."

"He always picks the people he hates the most and then threatens them with something. What did he threaten with this year?" Willow asked.

"Expulsion."

"Ouch!" Xander exclaimed.

Just then the bell rang

"We better get to class." Willow said in a hurried voice.

That afternoon, after trying to organize parent-teacher night, Buffy went to the library for her training.

"Ah Buffy you’re here. Very good."

"Yes, I’m here. We can begin."

"Very well. It has come to my attention that a very dangerous vampire by the name of Spike has somehow put a claim on you. In fact Angel says you have worn it ever since you came to Sunnydale."

"And how would Angel know that?"

"Well you see, Angel made Drusilla who made William the Bloody. Angel told me it is a family bite, as he can tell by the way it was sealed. Have you ever met this Spike fellow before, Buffy? Please be honest with me."

"I’ve met a lot of vampires since I was called, so I might have met him." She says hoping it will satisfy Giles because she doesn’t want to get into the whole my-father-is-a-very-dangerous-vampire thingy.

"Other than the Master, has anyone else ever bitten you."

*Make up a lie…I can’t tell Giles yet, he and the Council would freak.* "One night when I was patrolling in LA I got jumped by a vampire. He managed to get his teeth into my neck, but as he clamped down he impaled himself on my stake that was stuck between us."

"What did he look like?"

"What’s with the third degree?"

"Angel thinks Spike might be in Sunnydale."

"Oh ok." She said while secretly cheering, because if Angel is right, she would soon get to see her Father. "The one that bit me had brown hair, yellow eyes, and wasn´t much taller than me. And oh, wore an awful flashy orange suit. Really, some vamps need to learn how to dress." She says before thinking to herself. * there, I just gave him a totally bad description of a vamp I staked two nights ago.* "I need to go. Mom´s making supper and then I have to patrol."

"Very well. See you tomorrow."

As Buffy left the library, Angel made his way out of the stacks.

"She is hiding something." Angel said.

"I think so too. We´ll have to keep and eye on her. Eventually she will have to tell someone."

"By the way, that description she gave matches a vamp she staked two nights ago.”

_______________________________________________________________________


Crawford Mansion


"You better go meet the others at the factory. They really don’t trust you." Dru told Spike.

"I know, princess. That is why tomorrow I am going to kill the Slayer. It has been brought to my attention that she will be holed up in school for parents-teacher night. Just so happens I have a Daughter that would go there."

"Good plan."

"After I kill this Slayer, I will be the new Master."

"Kill, kill, kill, for mummy Spike."

"Oh I will." He said, picking her up and carrying her to off bed while kissing her.