Author's Chapter Notes:
Again thanks for the reviews, and a big thanks to the lovely monika for betaing this.
Chapter 4
 
2 days before parent-teacher night.

 
"Can we talk for a minute?" Joyce asked Buffy as she came home after patrol.
 
"Sure. What about, mom?"
 
"I received this in the mail today” Joyce asked, holding up a flyer for parent-teacher night."were you ever going to tell me?"
 
"I’ve had a lot on my mind lately. I was put in charge of doing the refreshments for this thingy, and all along I have to slay and try to maintain a normal life. I have no idea how I have managed this long." Buffy ranted as she started to pace back and forth in the kitchen.
 
"You always were so much like your father. He would be very proud of what you have become."
 
"I know, not sure what he would think about me being a slayer though. To make it worse, Angel is getting Giles to lecture me on Spike a.k.a William the Bloody. Every time, all I wanna to is yell at him to shut up and stop talking about Spike like he knows him."
 
"I know it’s hard, but I would imagine that Mr. Giles is simply doing his job."
 
I know, I know. I´m going to bed now, okay?"
 
"See you in the morning, honey."
 
"Night Mom." Buffy sighed, walking up the stairs to her room.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

The following night,during patrol.


"Angel, I didn’t expect to see you tonight."

"Until I figure out if Spike is really here or not, I plan on staying close to you."

"What is so different about this vampire? Why is he different from all the others?" Buffy asked.

"He’s killed slayers before, Buffy. You might not to care, but I´m sure your mom and your dad Hank, as well as Giles and your friends does."
 
"Hank´s not my father."
 
"Is this because you´ve had a fight with him or something?" Angel asked.
 
"Nope, always been that way. I was already born when mom met him. God, why am I telling you this, it’s not as if you are ever going to meet my real father." Unless I decide to tell you who he is and to let you in on the fact that you already know him. She added in her mind.
 
"No, I guess not. Can we get back to talking about Spike now?"
 
"Sure why not, everyone seems to want to warn me about him. Giles is saying that I´ve met him before, but can’t even tell me what he looks like, so I can say if I have or not." Buffy was yelling now.
 
"Fine! You want to know what Spike looks like and how Giles got so hung up on that, Buffy? Do you really want to know?" Angel yelled right back to her.
 
"Yes I do." Buffy yelled, clearly upset with Angel by now.
 
"Giles got the idea from me.I know that you have a mark on you from before you came to Sunnydale; I also know for a fact that Spike put it there. You see, It´s signed with the letter A and his place in the Order. The question is why you have it. I know what you told Giles in the library and we both know that you lied to him."
 
"You don’t know me." Buffy said while trying to calm down.
 
"I know you better than you think. Who you don’t know is Spike. You might have met him before but that would have been before you were called. Spike is gung ho on killing slayers and he won´t stop until you are dead."
 
"You know what, I am going home Angel. It’s been a long day and I could really use some sleep, I also have homework to do." Buffy said as she turned to leave and under her breath added "No, Angel. You really don’t know me."
 
Angel stood rooted for a minute, trying to figure out what just had happened, before he left to continue his search.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

The library on the night of the parent-teacher meeting

 
"So if this Spike-guy is in town, like Angel says, and is as bad a he says, why are we not running?" Xander asked.
 
"Slayers don’t run." Giles stated dryly.
 
"I really don’t believe he is as bad as Angel says." Buffy answered, knowing she had nothing to fear from Spike.
 
"The books. They say he´s killed two slayers in the past." Willow stated.
 
"Yeah, and how many years ago was that again? Like a zillion?" Buffy exclaimed. "People change. He might not even kill slayers anymore."
 
"If there going to kill Buffy, this Saturday why does she need so many stakes anyways?" Cordelia asks
 
"Thanks Cordy. Oh, I got to go. Parent-teacher night´s starting. Time to make punch." Buffy said, leaving the library.
 
________________________________________________________________________________________

Later that night.

 
"Angel. What can I help you with." Giles asked.
 
"I have learned from a reliable source that Spike really is in Sunnydale. He is going to lead the Feast of Saint Vigeous on Saturday."
 
"Dear lord, we have to figure out how to convince Buffy that he really is a threath."
 
"What if she doesn’t believe me." Angel asked in a worried tone of voice.
__________________________________________________________________________________

 
Sunnydale High

At that precise moment, Spike and a at least six other vampires, crashed through the school windows. "Block the exits. No one gets out. And bring the girl to me."

Not recognising Spike, Buffy grabbed her mother´s arm and retreated with the parents and the principal to a classroom across from the library.

"Were those vampires?" Joyce whispered.
 
"Yes. Now, don’t let anyone leave this room."
 
"What are you going to do?"
 
"My job." Buffy said, climbing up the ceiling vent.
 
"Be careful."
 
"Will do." She said as she closed the vent behind her and crawled in the direction of the library.
 
"Where do you think you are going?" Jenny asked Giles in the library.

"To investigate the loud crash, my sources say it was a Vampire gang, most likely this Spike guy." Guys answers his girlfriend who had come and was helping him research Spike.
 
"I can’t leave her to face them alone. If Spike is with them, he could kill her."
 
"I don’t really think he will if he has put a claim on her, at least not yet." Angel said.
 
Just then Buffy jumped out of the ceiling vent. "There are at least five out in the hallway; I didn’t get a good look at the leader though. I’m going to take him out with the element of surprise. Giles, get my mom and the others out. Angel, go try to talk them down /who down?/, do what you have to." Buffy said before climbing back into the vent.
 
"Spike." One of the vampires shouted.
 
"What?"
 
"Listen."
 
"Someone’s in the ceiling, here kitty, kitty."
 
Angel grabbed Xander, who was still making stakes for Saturday, as he walked out of the library "Spike." He called out.
 
"Angelus."
 
"Haven´t I taught you anything?"
 
"You have. But I´m working with idiots."
 
"Care for a bite, before we go and get the slayer." Angel offered, glaring menacingly at Xander´s neck.
 
"Now you’re speaking my language." Spike said, right before he punched Angel in the face.
 
Stealthy, Buffy jumped down behind Spike, using her inner vampire to make as litle sound as possible. Slowly she walked nearer and nearer. When she was close enough, she decided to make her present known. "Do we really need weapons for this?"
 
Spike turned slowly, and as he caught sight of her, he leered "They make me feel all manly." Slowly he ran a hand down his front.
 
Buffy let out a gasp as she recognised who was standing before her. "William."
 
Looking back at her with a gleam in his eyes, he responded. "Elizabeth."