Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope this works. Yay I finally managed to get it posted but in to parts, if anyone knows why could you tell me so I can change it.
“~They will find out eventually but I’m not ready to tell them now. ~”


“~You know I need to redo your protection claim. You are at risk even more now that you are the Slayer. ~”


“~I know you can redo it, when you bite me. ~”


Completely realizing his Slayer has been hiding things from him, Giles asked. “What do you know about Drusilla? And exactly how much are you hiding from me, Buffy?”


Looking up at Giles she said, “Okay listen, I will explain everything another time, my knowledge of William. Yes, I am very powerful more than you know, he is right. I have held back with every training session you have tried to teach me. Spike has been Sparring with me since I was 5 yrs old, in fact there is only one Vampire that I know of, in which I could never take out and he is currently standing right behind me. “Now.” She said while turning back around to face Spike. “If anyone tries to harm him for what he is about to do I will kill you before you even get near to him?” Buffy informed the group of people standing there.


Giles just stood there floored that his charge had just threatened to kill a human to keep a Vampire safe. Angel couldn’t believe what he was seeing and her friends had no idea what had gotten into Buffy. So all they could do was stand there and watch.



Buffy tilted her neck to Spike and he gently bit into it, taking 3 pulls of blood he said. “Mine.” Then quietly so that only he and Buffy could hear he said. “My daughter.” With that he extracted his fangs from her neck and sealed up the bite.


Buffy then moved his shirts some and bit into his neck. Which she has never done with fangs before, she also took 3 pulls of his blood and said. “Yours.” Then also, so no one else could hear she whispered in his ear, “Your daughter.” With that she extracted her fangs as well and sealed the bite.


It didn’t go unnoticed to Angel that he had heard the words mine and yours coming from both Buffy and Spike, so he let out a claiming growl of his own.


Ignoring Angels growl, since he knew no Vampire could take away the claim he had just put on his daughter, he looked at Joyce, who had now come up to join the others in the group, and stepped forward from the group of people as he asked. “How long?”


Knowing he is talking about the Fangs and blood, she replied, calmly. “For about a year now.”


“How much?” He then asked, trying to be calm about it as well.


“Not much, maybe once or twice a week.”


Turning his attention back to Giles, “Well Watcher to answer your earlier question about her dying, tell me did the Council that you report to ever tell you she died? Like you are saying.”


“Actually no they never did.” Giles told him as he started to try and figure out why he was never informed about her short death, by rights a new Slayer should have been called, and also why had it took a Master Vampire to point it out to him.


“Well let me explain then why that call never came, with Angelus help I will be able to confirm what I am about to say. You see Buffy has never had a normal heart rate. She can have a beat every minute, the longest I have seen her go between beats is about 20 minutes. If you want both Angelus and I can show you when her heart beats.” Spike informed Giles.


Listening to what Spike has just pointed out, got Angel thinking. “I never thought of that but, no her heart doesn’t beat like a normal humans, I always just assumed that it was because she was the Slayer.”


“Its not, it is her origin.” Spike told him factly, “And I should know, with the killing of 2 Slayers.”


“What you are saying is entirely not possible.” Giles told him.


“Is it not. Angelus a little help because he will most likely only believe you.”


Angel then stepped closer to Spike.


Still not trusting Angel, Buffy issued him a warning. “Hurt him and your dust.”


“~Now, Now is that any way to talk to your Great Grandfather. ~”


“~Great Grandfather. ~” She asked Spike all worried now.


“~He’s Drusilla’s Sire. ~” He told her.


Panicked said says “~Drusilla’s sire, oh god I kissed my Great Grandfather. ~”


Reassuring Spike quickly pointed out, “~He doesn’t know who you are to me, yet. Don’t worry. ~”


“~Good.~”


“Buffy why do you keep spacing out tonight? Is Spike doing something to you?” Willow asked.


“Tired I guess.” She said lying to her friends, then continued on to everyone else as well. “Ok now will everyone let Spike and Angel tell you how fast my heart beats.”


Once she saw everyone nod, she said to them. “Ok let’s start this show.”



After 2 minutes went by, both Spike and Angel raised a finger to indicate a beat, once they hit the 30 minute mark they both only had 3 fingers up showing her heart had only beat 3 times.


“I would have to say he is right Giles, Buffy never did die at the Masters hands, and my best guess would be that her heart went into suspended animation.” Angel told him.


“I guess I will have to run some tests.” Giles told them, with that Buffy promptly pushed herself back into Spike to keep him there, knowing it was his biggest fear for her and him to be tested.


Deciding now was as good as time as ever, Angel addressed Spike, “What is wrong with Dru?”


Not sure how much he wanted Angel to know he went with the short and simple version. “We got attacked she got ill, now I have been searching for a cure.”


“Spike it’s getting late, you have been away from her for a while. I will come see you after school tomorrow.” Buffy said to him, wanting to get home herself, so she could fully digest everything that had happened tonight.


Feeling that she was about to lose control if something didn‘t happen soon he said. “Alright, then I better get going, we can catch up another time, I know Drusilla would like to see you again.”


Buffy gave him a hug, before he left to go back home.


“~I love you, Dad. ~”


“~I love you, too. ~”


Handing his daughter back over to her mother, he could feel her distress and knew he had to get out of there before he done something that would put him and his daughter in danger and risk of being found out sooner than was wanted he said to Joyce. “Take care of her; and I will see you later.”


“Your welcome anytime, William.” She said as he handed their daughter back to her and went through the window he broke on his arrival in the high school.


“Are you insane? You just told the Slayer of Slayer he is welcome anytime at your place? Now he won‘t even need an invitation to enter you house.” Giles yelled in an angry outburst.


“I know exactly who and what he is.” Joyce yelled back angrily, while trying to also console her daughter.



Once she had regained some control, Buffy asked quietly, “Can we go home now?”


“Sure Sweetheart.”


Angrily Giles yelled, “I think both of you have some explaining to do, you clearly haven’t been honest with me, and I know that now.”


Calmly Joyce stated “Another time, my daughter has had a rough day; not a single one of you will understand what William is to her. It is her right to keep her past with him as memories for her only, so she will tell you when she is good and ready to tell you.” Then Joyce took her, still clearly upset daughter and walked down the hall and out of the school.