Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: Buffy, Spike and the Original Scoobies aren’t mine. All their kids...you bet.

Author’s note: Beta’d by the wonderful BTL.
Chapter 6: Vampires

In the end, Diane did come back. Buffy never doubted it. The teenager was far too interested in the strangeness that was Bianca’s life to stay away long. It was probably why Bianca didn’t seem too thrilled with this renewed interest, or Diane’s enthusiasm for it.

TJ was taken back to England, and Willow returned to her parent’s home in Phoenix. With Willow’s dampening spell in place, Rowan became more prone to temper tantrums, but Bianca grew happier that things weren’t suddenly changing colour.

One more small crisis averted, Buffy and Spike set out to concentrate on a bigger crisis: a group of demons were aiming to end the world, again.

This wasn’t particularly new in their world, but it had been a long time since either of them were called on to avert an apocalypse.

“Not since Rowan was born,” Spike commented, flipping through the research that Andrew had put together for them.

“Maybe we should get her an ornament, Baby’s first apocalypse,” Buffy commented. “If we had an apocalypse tree, how many ornaments do you think we’d have?”

“Stopped counting after number ten,” Spike noted, tossing aside a piece of parchment that he didn’t want to read anymore. “Does the nerd really think we want to read all this rubbish?”

Buffy shot her husband a sympathetic smile.

“We aren’t the bloody Scoobies. You’d think that he’d realise that. You and I, we’re the muscle.”

“So, you are saying we should recruit some new scoobies?” Buffy asked. “I think we are getting a little old to start hanging out in high school libraries…”

“Not old,” Spike responded, “I’m in the prime of my unlife. And you are as beautiful as ever.”

“And we have a fourteen year old… Face it Spike, we are old. You are older than most. Most people born in the 1850’s are long dead.”

“I am long dead, love,” he said, grinning.

“Just be glad I’m irresistibly attracted to the cold and dead then,” Buffy whispered, putting down the text she was reading and crawling into Spike’s lap. “I think research time is over.”

“How much time do you think we have?” Spike asked, picking her up and carrying her into the family room, and laying her down on the couch.

“Child #1 is due back from school in an hour. Child #2 is napping and should be out until Bianca comes home,” Buffy responded as she unzipped her pants.

“An hour? That’s no challenge,” he laughed in response, unzipping his own jeans.

“We’ll see about that,” Buffy answered. “I can make it challenging if you want.”

“Gotta love a slayer who knows what she wants,” he purred, crouching down to meet her on the couch. Their lips met and the friendly, playful banter ceased.

In all the years of their marriage, Buffy never believed that she’d get bored with Spike. Some days he was the quintessential father and husband, loving and tender, others, she was afraid for her clothes, and scarring her children for life. Pressed as she was into the cushions of the couch, Buffy allowed herself to be caught up in the moment. His exploring hands found her breasts with ease, and she arched into his touch, cool and familiar. Teasingly, one free hand slid between her legs and began tapping out a rhythm on what lay there.

He’d once asked her to stop wearing ‘knickers’.’ If they were going to resorting to quickies until the children grew up and moved away (and given the number of children they expected to have, it wasn‘t going to be any time soon,) he wanted her accessible to him when he wanted. She hadn’t worn underwear since.

Spike nuzzled the bite marks Buffy had on her neck, his marks, proclaiming her his and only his. Biting down on the scars with blunt human teeth sent a shiver down Buffy’s body to the place where Spike was thrusting into her.

“Harder,” Buffy ordered, “but don’t break the couch.”

He growled in response and followed the orders given. The whole couch pounded against the wall, only to stop when both superheroes stopped a moment to see if the sleeping four year old had heard and woken up.

Buffy supposed it was comical, that two beings who fought evil on regular basis were afraid of waking a child. Buffy pushed the coffee table out of the way with her feet and rolled them off the couch and onto the floor, to resume their activities. She dug her nails into his pale skin and urged him on, suppressing her moans by biting her lip.

She bit so hard blood started to trickle down her chin. The frantic pace of their coupling wasn’t enough to keep Spike from taking advantage of the red gold flowing down his wife’s chin. His tongue was there in an instant, licking her chin clean, careful not to nick her skin with his now prominent fangs.

Then the front door opened. The two parents scrambled to clothe themselves and face the potential child that was coming through the door.

Spike was up and zipped before his wife, having never actually taken off his pants. He practically fell into the dinning room and faced his eldest who was standing in the kitchen doorway, poised at the fridge.

“There was a power outage,” Bianca explained, opening the fridge and not even looking at her father. “They sent us home.” Bianca grabbed a can of something and turned around, shutting the fridge. Looking up at her father and rolling her eyes, Bianca opened her can of Sprite and headed out of the kitchen. “Da, your fangs are showing,” she muttered in disgust.

Buffy came up behind her husband and put her hand on his shoulder, turning him around to face her. “Don’t mind her,” Buffy said with a smile. “I love your fangs.” She leaned forward and planted a kiss on his lips, allowing him to suck a little more blood from her cut lip.
_______________________________
The summer waned, and though Bianca tried hard, there was little success with grade 9 math during summer school. At least she was bringing home a better mark this time though. She dreaded just what her father would say when she brought home her final evaluation. There was going to be yelling.

“I don’t know what you are worried about,” Diane patronised as they sat on Bianca’s front doorstep, watching the sun go down the night before the last day of summer school. “It means you don’t have to go into basic math in September.”

“Yes, but I don’t think my parents are expecting a 60%.”

“Better than 55%.”

“True.”

The sun set, and a darkness covered the city, bats starting their flight to find their evening dinner.

“You know what would be really freaky?” Diane said. “Lets go into the cemetery! It will be fun!”

Bianca shook her head. “No. Not going to happen.”

“Come on! What’s going to happen? You’ve lived across from a cemetery all your life and you’ve never gone in there at night?” Diane asked.

Bianca shook her head again. “I know what happens in cemeteries. I know because my parents spend their nights in cemeteries.”

“Kinky.”

Bianca gave her friend a look. “That’s not what I meant.”

“What do you mean then?”

Bianca stared out into the graveyard before her and tried to make out a figure that was moving behind a mausoleum.

“I mean, that graveyards aren’t exactly safe for someone like me. There’s a lot of creatures that would like to get their hands on me.”

“Wow, you are cryptic today.”

“And you are really foolish sometimes. Did it ever occur to you that there are things out there that you don’t know anything about? My sister is a witch. My cousin and aunt are witches. That’s just the beginning of the weirdness that surrounds my family.”

“Sorry,” Diane muttered, not really understanding where the whole rant started from. “Having magical family must be cool though.”

“Oh, yeah, really cool,” Bianca muttered sarcastically.

“So how else is your family weird?” Diane asked. “I know we’ve had this conversation before, but I’m thinking you have a little more to disclose.”

Bianca was still staring out into the graveyard. The figure she was watching was walking towards them.

“I think we should go into the house,” Bianca said, standing and grabbing Diane’s hand.

Still sitting on the step, Diane didn’t budge. “Why? I like it out here.”

“Because if you don’t move your butt, you are going to find out just how weird my family is,” Bianca explained, her eyes never leaving the man that was advancing towards them.

“Right,” noted Diane, “maybe that’s going to be my only way to find out. I’ll just sit here.”

“You’ll die!” Bianca exclaimed, finally looking at her friend. “We have to go in the house!”

“I’m not going to die!”

The man was crossing the street now, and Bianca could see clearly for the first time that he was just what she thought he was, a vampire, his fangs showing, and a hungry look on his face. Bianca gave another pull at Diane’s hand and when she wouldn’t budge, Bianca dropped her friend’s hand and ran to the front door. Opening it, she screamed into the house.

“Da! Mom! Vampire!”

Diane turned to look at her friend a puzzled look on her face. It was only then that she noticed the man crossing the street.

There was a pounding of feet on the stairs, and both Spike and Buffy flew out of the house, and launched themselves at the vampire now on their lawn. It was over in a second, the fledgling standing no chance against the Slayer and master vampire.

As the fledgling exploded into dust, Diane screamed.

“You had to stay outside,” Bianca commented, annoyed. “You could have come into the house and we wouldn’t have had to deal with this. Now I’m going to get yelled at. Thanks.”

Spike and Buffy walked towards the porch, brushing the vamp dust from their clothes.

Buffy sighed before speaking. “Bianca, what is rule one when outside the house after dark?”

“Always watch the cemetery,” Bianca recited. “I was!”

“You didn’t see him coming?” Spike exclaimed.

“I did see him coming!” Bianca defended herself. “Someone refused to come in the house!” Bianca pointed at her friend.

Spike and Buffy turned their attention to Diane for a moment, who had now calmed down.

“What the hell just happened?” Diane asked. “What happened to that man? What was wrong with his face?”

“He was a vampire,” Bianca explained, sighing. “My parents fight vampires for a living.”

“Explain this to her in the house,” Buffy ordered, pointing to the door, and waiting until the two teenagers entered the house.

“This is why she should have gone home after dinner!” Spike barked. “They could have been killed. Or turned.”

“No,” Buffy argued. “Not possible. Bianca’s smarter than that. She stayed exactly where she should have. The porch, so she could call us if necessary. Diane’s just too curious for her own good. Now that B is telling her everything…well we’ll just have to wait and see.”
____________________
To Spike’s annoyance, Diane started hanging out at the house much more than usual. He’d never had to experience the full on camaraderie of teenage girls before, the ones he’d raised were less than social butterflies. Even so, he could remember Dawn’s friend Janice hanging out, but never wanting to talk with him. Mind you, he didn’t live with them then. Now, Diane was following him around the house when Bianca was occupied and asking questions.

She reminded him of Xander.

And his wife wasn’t any help. If anything, Buffy enjoyed the fact that Bianca was acting like a normal teenager. It was sort of a remembrance of happier days when the worse things that happened to her were boys not asking her out.

Mostly Spike liked to be out of the house when Diane was there. Or at least asleep, leaving his youngest to the care of her sister.

“So, that Andrew guy? He’s like your mom’s boss?” Diane asked as she and Bianca headed to the kitchen. “’Cause I’m confused, your mom is so much more together than he is.”

“He’s not the boss. He’s the watcher. He does research and stuff. He’s like an admin assistant.”

“Oh,” Diane said nodding. “’Cause he reminds me of Elliot Wibler, that geek in our science class last year.”

“The Star Wars nerd, who carries around his own lightsaber? He really does, doesn’t he?” Bianca giggled, jumping up onto the counter to sit.

“Do you think we’ll be in the same class as Mark Lloyd?” Diane asked. “He’s hot.”

“Hot, like my Da hot?” Bianca teased her friend.

“Ugh,” Diane covered her face. “I’m never going to live that one down. I take it back. He’s your father, the hotness has left. He’s way too old for me. And plus, married.”

Bianca laughed. “And my mom can totally kick your ass if you try anything.”

Rowan walked into the kitchen with a pout on her face. She didn’t say a word to the girls chatting in the kitchen but made her way towards the fridge in search of something.

“Hey, Rowan Tree,” Bianca called to her sister. “What’s with the poutage?”

“Da won’t let me have his juice.”

“Da’s juice isn’t good for little trees,” Bianca placated her sister.

“I just want to try it!” Rowan shouted. Her little hands wrenched open the fridge and took out the pitcher of red liquid labelled ‘Spike’ on it.

“Rowan,” Bianca warned, hopping down off the counter.

“No!” Rowan shouted, sticking her tongue out at her sister.

Bianca reached towards the little girl and grabbed the pitcher out of her hands, some of the red liquid spilling on the floor.

Rowan started screaming as Bianca put the pitcher on the counter, out of the little girl’s reach.

“Rowan, you are going to wake up Da. You don’t want him to be angry that you woke him.”

“I’m not afraid of the scary face,” Rowan countered, calming a bit. “I’m a witch, I’m not afraid of anything.”

“I don’t believe you,” Bianca whispered.

“Are you scared of vampires?” Diane asked.

Rowan snorted. “No!”

“Well I am,” Diane mentioned, in a whisper.
_________________________
Tbc…