Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews and thanks to spikes mrs for editting this for me. This this the first of 2 chapter posted today. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 10 They arrive in LA


About 2 and half hours later, they were pulling up in front of the Hyperion Hotel, where Angel is currently residing and running his business from, called Angel Investigations.


“Let’s go in and then we can come back down and get our stuff from the car, maybe someone will be able to help us.” Giles says, as he pulls into the empty parking space beside Angel’s car in the underground parking garage to the hotel.


Getting out of the car Willow notices the elevator, pointing to it asks “Should we take that or walk around to the front?”


“We will walk around to the front and then ask if we can use it for unloading the car.” Giles tells her as he shuts his car door.


“Right then, lets go don’t want the Slayer getting any colder than she might be getting.” Spike says as he starts to walk off, leaving Giles and Willow to follow him.


__________________________________________________________________________________



Once they reach the front of the hotel, Giles says to him. “It might be better if Willow and I go in first.”


“I think I need a smoke, before I go in and face him.” Giles didn’t need to ask who, him was, just acknowledges Spike with a nod, before asking. “Do you want me to take her in with me?”


“If it was just you or the Sunnydale crew, I would be okay with that, the demon sees you all as her family, but not knowing what the rest of them will do if you were to take her in, with you when you walked in. The demon might see rage when I go in and the chip in my head might not be able to stop me if someone is doing something to danger her.” Spike explains to him.


“I think you are right, it would most likely be best if you keep her with you. I know Angel would be right over to her and it is quite possibly Wesley as well.” Giles tells him.


“I won’t be long, she is asleep right now and I don’t want her getting to cold.” Spike tells him.


“She is asleep, how can you tell?” Giles asks with amazement in his voice.



“Vampire here, I can hear the difference in her heartbeat and her breaths. When you have been around as long as I have you learn to read peoples heartbeats they tell you a lot of information. You should go in now, I am sure that Peaches knows were here by now.” Spike tells him quickly, not really wanting to get into everything he can do as a vampire right now.


“Yes you are quite right, come on Willow shall we go in?” Giles asks her, as he starts to make his way to the door.


“Sure” she answers him as she walks up the rest of the steps to meet him.


__________________________________________________________________________________


Both Giles and Willow walk thru the front doors of the Hyperion hotel and immediately get ambushed by Angel.


“Where’s Buffy?”


“Outside with Spike, he’ll be in, in a couple of minutes. I do have to ask you to calm down though; according to Spike she is asleep.” Giles tells him.


“Asleep, you don’t seem to really believe she is asleep.” Angel questions, Giles statement.


“He says it is something to do with her heartbeat and her breathing, but she still hasn’t regained consciousness” Giles tells him, as if to defend himself.


“Then why isn’t she still in the hospital, like Faith.” Wesley asks addressing everyone for the first time, just as Spike walks thru the door.


“Because, when the doctor addressed me as a Vampire, I explained to him what she is and then asked if he couldn’t help her to please release her to me. I think he thought I was actually going to turn her.” Spike says as he walks into the lobby and sits on the circular couch in the room, with Giles on one side of him and Willow on the other protecting Buffy from the others in the room.


The LA gang just stands there at Spikes entrance with Buffy unsure of what they should do, until Angel quietly says to Cordelia, “Get me some blood.” It isn’t a request it is an order, she walks off acknowledging him, he then turns to Gunn just a quiet. “Don’t you have a case to be working on?”


“I’ll just be going then.” Gunn says before he leaves.


__________________________________________________________________________________


Cordelia comes back into the lobby and puts a mug of warm blood on the counter, and sits down in a chair behind it. Angel walks over to the mug and picks it up, as he starts to go over to Spike.


Since Buffy has now woken up and started the quiet whimpers again, Spikes focus is on Buffy, so he almost misses Angel moving closer to him. He lets out a warning growl to halt Angel’s advancement and then waits for Angel to stop moving before he turns his attention back to his mate.


Putting the mug on the floor, Angel lets out a growl as well, Spike automatically acknowledges Angels growl by looking back up at him.


Angel starts talking to him in a voice you would use when talking to a young child. “William I am not going to hurt her, this is for you.” Indicating to the mug he has set on the floor, which he then slow lifts it to move forward too give it too him. As he gets up closer to Spike he says, “Let me see her and you take this.”


Spike moves his gaze from Angel to Buffy and then back to Angel before reaching out and taking the mug from Angel. He quickly drains it and then hands it back to Angel before looking back at Buffy.


“That’s right William, now open your duster and let me see Buffy.”


Addressing Buffy softly Spike says to her. “Angel is here now, luv, we need to let him see you. I hope that is okay.” and then he opens his duster up for Angel to see her.


Looking down at Buffy, Angel says as he addresses Spike, and not speaking like he is talking to a child anymore, since Spike has let him advance and done what he asked. “Where is she hurt William, I don’t see an injury.”


Spike then sits her up cradling her to his chest, with her back facing Angel and Wesley. Gently he then moves her hair to the side to show behind her ear, he then pushes the collar down so Angel can see the marks, on her neck.


Wesley lets out a gasp and starts to advance towards Buffy and Spike. Right away Spike pulls Buffy to him and turns her protecting, her from Wesley as he growls at him.


Knowing right away who was being growled at and why, Angel says. “Stay there Wesley and don’t move.”


Giles puts his hand on Spike’s arm to reassure him and when the growling stops as Spike turns to look at him, he says to Spike. “It’s alright, that is Wesley, Buffy would be fine with him seeing her, and he won’t hurt her. He just wants to look he won’t touch her I promise.”


Spike turns to look back at Wesley as he lets his demon come to the front, again Angel orders Wesley not to move when he sees what Spike is doing. “Don’t move a muscle Wes, try not to even blink, he needs to let his demon decide if you are safe or not before he lets you near her. If he knew you it would be a different story.” Angel tells him.


“So if I want to go near Buffy, he’s going to have to do that to me as well, just so he won’t growl. Let me tell you it is way wiggy.” Cordelia tells him.


Angel goes to respond to her, but Spike beats him to it. “I’ll always watch you around her cheerleader, it’s the nature of the demon, when she is wakes up from this, my demon won’t be so protective with people around her.” He tells Cordelia before looking back a Wesley, “So you were her Watcher for a while, I’ve heard your name mentioned.”


“I can honestly say I know all about you, but you don’t seem to be anything like the books say.” Wesley tells him.


“We can chat after the Slayer gets better, but I always take care of the ones I love.”


Before anyone can respond to what he has just said Spike continues to say, “Slayers asleep again, might be nice for her to have a bed.”


“Why don’t you take Willow and show her where her room will be and I will take Mr. Giles and then I will help him unload the car.” Wesley suggests to Cordelia.


“I’ll show you where you will be staying in just a moment; I want to talk to you alone for a minute first.” Angel tells Spike as the others start to leave the lobby.


“I’m not handing her off to just anyone.” Spike simply states.


“I’m not asking you too, Willow and Giles will go with Cordelia and Wesley and you and Buffy will stay with me for a couple of minutes.” Angel tells him.


Everyone leaves the room, but Buffy, Spike and Angel.