Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the 2nd of a double post this week, thanks again to spikes mrs for editting. And again thanks for all the reiveiws
Mates Pain


AN: Warning there will be male on male contact as well as to 2 naked men to one girl sharing the same bed, Angel and Spike do give each other a quick kiss that is the extent of it.


Chapter 11 first night in LA


Once everyone has gone from the room or far enough way from Spike, Angel gets up from his still crouching position in front of Spike, to sit beside him before addressing why he wants to talk to Spike. “You need my help.” Angel continues on before Spike can open his mouth to say anything. “Your demon is hurting, and don’t try telling me its not, your Mate is injured. You felt everything that happened to her, you can’t comfort her properly because, we don’t know why she isn’t awake, or what kind of damage was done. I’ve never taken a Mate, but I do have a childe, the only difference is a Mate is equal; a childe is only as equal you make them.” Angel tells him.


“I wasn’t sired yesterday you git.” Spike says angrily


“I know, you are a Master Vampire, you are also really caring and have a lot of compassion, all the things Angelus doesn’t have. You took care of Dru for over 100 years and you are willing to do that with Buffy now too. Now when I had Cordelia get the rooms ready, I asked her to prepare one for you by mine. It is across the hall from mine, right now for tonight I want you to allow me to comfort your demon while you comfort your Mate. You can either sleep in my room or the one across the hall. It is entirely up to you.” Angel tells him.


“Do you think we could pick a room, where we could go and talk without other ears hearing?” Spike asks, a little unsure if he wants Buffy‘s Watcher and friend to hear him say he does need help.


“Let’s go to my room then.” Angel says to him.


__________________________________________________________________________________


Spike rearranges Buffy in his arms before standing and following Angel up the stairs to Angel’s room. Once in Angel’s room, Spike lays her on the bed and covers her back up with his duster, wanting her to get as much of his scent that she can since she is laying, on Angels bed. Then he sits down beside her and slips off this boots so he can put his feet up on the bed and his arm around her.


Angel goes to sit in a chair by the bed, when there is a knock at the door. Looking at Spike first, Angel calls out “Come in.”


Wesley walks into Angel’s room. “Sorry to bother you, I know you said that you needed some alone time with them, but we were just wondering where to put Buffy and Spikes stuff?” Wesley asks Angel.


“The room across the hall is allotted to them.” Angel tells him.


“Alight I will be off after I help Mr. Giles unload the car, but I do believe that both he and Willow would like to say good night to Buffy and Spike.” Wesley tells them.


“Can you give us about 15 minutes, if we are not here, we will be across the hall?” Angel tells him.


“No we will be across the hall, I think Peaches will see it my way as well.” Spike tells Wesley.


“Okay I’ll see you tomorrow,” Wesley says as he goes to leave the room.


Before he leaves Angel calls out to him, “Oh Wes can you send Cordy home as well.”


Nodding he leaves the room and closes the door behind him.


__________________________________________________________________________________


“Alright you’ve wanted to say something, and then you go and tell a staff member of mine that you will be across that hall.” Angel tells him.


Letting some anger come out Spike says, “That’s right, you git, your really not thinking, yes my demon is in pain right now, do you know how hard it is to not be able to make the connection you do with your Mate? Yes the Mating is still new and fresh, if I had my way she wouldn’t have gone to college for at least another week, but she needs a life. Because of a spell I ended up turning her Eternal, I have bound her to me, and by doing that….” Spike pauses for a minute before continuing. “Let’s be honest if it wasn’t for my Mating with her, this would have never happened, she would not have gotten hurt, but then she also would most likely be almost dead if she wasn’t Eternal now.”


Angel is totally taken a back by everything that Spike has just unloaded on him, considering they never have had a good relationship, in the past.


As Spike continues. “That said my demon needs its, Mate as much as it needs family right now, but not here. We don’t know what she has knowledge of or feels, but she was raped by a man. One thing I do know is she has heightened senses, her sense of smell is almost as good as mine, if she isn’t able to pick up that it is your scent, she will most definitely pick up that it is male. Currently she is asleep, but I suggest we get her out of here and across the hall so she can feel safe.”


“I wasn’t thinking of that, but who says she doesn’t remember me, after all she was with me longer than you. She knows I would never hurt her.” Angel clearly states to him.


“You wouldn’t but, Angelus has the same scent as you and she remembers him like it is yesterday.” Spike tells him.



“You know if you don’t want my offer, just say so.” Angel tells him.


“Did you not listen to anything I said?” Spike asks a bit annoyed with Angel. “Yes I want it, am glad it is you offering and not Drusilla, I don’t want her here, and I am not sure how much help she would be. If we can relax my demon some, it might help Buffy.” Spike tells him.


“I’ll meet you in the room across the hall, as soon as I am done dealing with Gunn, He should be back anytime now. He is a good guy, try to let your demon relax around him, my whole staff has been warned about hurting you or Buffy. It’s only me and Wesley that know what happened.” Angel tells him.


Sitting up and putting his boots back on Spike says. “Slayer will appreciate it, now I better get her to our room, will you be joining us later?” Spike asks picking up Buffy so he can leave Angels room.


“Yes I will, I just have to meet with Gunn and handle some business, I shouldn’t be longer than an hour.”


“Might take that long to get rid of Red” Spike tells him as he starts to walk out of the room, but Angel stops him as he walks by. “Letting the demon out isn’t always an easy thing for me to do.”


“I know.” Spike tells him as he walks by Angel and out the door to the room.


__________________________________________________________________________________


An hour later Angel walks into the room that Buffy and Spike are staying in and closes the door behind him, locking it. As he starts to move closer to the bed, Spike lifts his head watching him.


“Why are you side by side?” Angel asks as he undresses himself.


“Don’t want to hurt her.”

“You’re not going to hurt her, if Buffy was awake right now she would be cuddled up to your side, half draped on top of you, wouldn’t she?” Angel asks knowing that Buffy likes the lack of heartbeat.


“Yes”


“Then hold her that way, if there is one thing I know it is she likes the lack of heartbeat, so arrange her the way she likes sleeping on you. Angel tells him as he finishes undoing his shirt.


Spike rearranges Buffy the way Angel told him.


“It’s not too much to assume you are both naked under there?” Angel asks as he removes his shirt.


“Skin on skin contact, it’s the only way to pacify the demon.” Spike tells him honestly.


Angel finishes undressing and climbs in behind Buffy, he then leans up and kisses Spike on the lips. “I’ll try not to let her feel my erection.”


“Thank you” Spike says as he gives Angel a quick kiss as well.


“Anything you need….” Angel trails off as he lies down and puts one arm under both Buffy and Spike and the other arm on top of them to rest on Spikes hip.


__________________________________________________________________________________


Sometime during the night, Buffy starts to whimper again, as Spike is trying to soothe her, Angel takes Spikes hand and puts it just about her hip.

__________________________________________________________________________________


The next morning Angel slides out of bed, trying not to wake Buffy or Spike, but as he is getting dressed Spike lifts his head and says, “Thanks I needed that, wasn’t able to sleep the first day after we brought her home, that was the first time I’ve slept since it happened.”


“I’ll check on you later, Giles said that Xander, Anya and most likely Joyce will be coming today. Why don’t you get some more rest, before Joyce comes, and I will send someone up with some blood for you later?”


“I’m going to have to bath or shower her and myself later.” Spike tells Angel.


“Do you want Willow to help you with bathing her?” Angel asks already aware of what Spike’s answer will be.


“Did Dru all by myself, think I can handle Buffy.” Spike tells him.


“Alright if you need anything just press #1 on the phone, it will ring in both the lobby and my office.” Angel says to Spike, as he turns to leave the room.


“I am sure one of them will be turned into research central by Rupert.” Spike tells Angel.


“I plan on giving him my office, now you worry just about Buffy, nothing else.” Angel tells him as he leaves the room.