Author's Chapter Notes:
THank for all the reviews and to Spikes mrs for editting this. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 14 They find away that might help Buffy


On the one week anniversary of Buffy’s attack, they still really haven’t seen any change in her condition. Other than the fact they she is continuing to get a little more vocal to Spike. Willow and Xander who have both taken an active roll in the researching, try and hide their worry.


What none of them knew is that Wesley had given up his research on the Eternal and started researching, demon mating a few days ago. All because of something Angel had said after the first night Buffy and Spike were here. Getting up from the table he closes his book and puts it away so no one knows what he is looking at. “I need to stretch and take a walk.” Trying not to let on that he wants to go and talk with Spike.


“Would you mind, taking some more blood up to Spike?” Angel asks, with his nose still in the book he is currently looking at.


Perfect Wesley thinks to himself, that just gave me away to talk to Spike, but instead he answers. “Sure, no problem at all.”

__________________________________________________________________________________


After heating some blood and making his way upstairs to Buffy and Spike’s room, he enters it after he hears the “Come in.” yelled from Spike after his knock on the door.


“Oh, so I see, it was you Watcher that got the job of help care for Spike today, since he is to busy to do it.” Spike says annoyed about it.


“No I really don’t think so; actually I was coming up here anyway. I told the others I needed to stretch and go for a walk.” Wesley tells him, as he put the mug of blood on the table and sits down in the chair beside the bed.


“So your being sly and sneaky got you the, you can care for Spike today duty.” Spike retorts back.


“I’m not caring for Spike; if I was caring for you then I would be bathing you, and doing everything you are doing for Buffy. I would rather call it helping out someone so they can continue to care for a loved one.” Wesley explains to him.


“I guess your right, so now that we’ve established you are not caring for me, and that you are trying to help me. What is with the bringing up the blood?” Spike asks as he reaches out to take it off the table.


“Tell me, do you plan on leaving her side at some point today to go down and get some?” Wesley asks already knowing the answer to his question.


“Nope, she is my main concern and I believe everyone knows that by now.” Spike informs him.


“That is exactly why we bring you up the blood; I need to ask you something anyway. Angel made a comment a few days ago so I stopped researching the Eternal and started looking at it, in different angles.” Wesley tells him to see how he will respond.


“And what would that be, Watcher.”


“I’ll tell you a little later, if you don’t mind there are some things I need to ask you first.” Wesley asks not sure on how Spike will respond.


“You can ask, but I can’t promise I will tell.” Spike clearly states.


“First I need to understand the Vampire connection, with Buffy you won’t leave her side, but did you not leave Drusilla’s side when she was ill to try and kill Buffy?”


“Two different situations Watcher, let me explain to you so, you can understand. 1st Dru is my Sire, I spent over 100 years with her, yes she was ill but she was never to the point where I had to take total care of her, so I could leave her with minions as long as it wasn’t longer that 2 to 3 hours. Dru’s biggest problem is she never wanted to feed and in her weakened state it made her weaker. Once she was healed the Slayer put me in a wheelchair, broke my back she did. Dru then tried to take care of me, as well as herself, which might have worked better if Angelus didn’t come back and take his childe away. After I got back to being able to walk again, Dru would have left me anyway, as much as I would like to say we were in love for over 100 years, I can see now it was just a Sire/Childe love that kept us together. Any sign of trouble and she was gone, told me I tasted like ashes and could see the Slayer all around me.” Spike tells him and gives Wesley a chance to let it sink in for a couple minutes before continuing .


“Now Buffy is my Mate, she is my equal to me. We are almost tied in strength, but I don’t think you need to ask who is stronger. The demon has always seen her as an equal even with her being human, well as human as a Slayer is. I need to care for her, she has yet to wake up, she wakes up to make whimpers and almost a purr sound more like a mewling sound, but not a conscious wake up. Until she wakes up and is able to fend for herself, my demon will not allow me to leave her side. Do you see the difference between the two, now?” Spike asks.


“That helped some, thank you for telling me. I hope you will be that honest with what else I have to ask.” Wesley tells him.


“I’ll try, if it will help her, I will try.” Spike tells him.


“That’s all I ask. Now I understand you and Buffy were under a spell when you Mated, I don’t have to ask if you, if you bit her because if you didn’t the Mating would not have happened, but did she bite you back?” Wesley asks.


“Yes she completed it.” Spike say as he moves his shirt aside to show her bite mark on him.


“If she claimed you back, have you been having regular blood exchanges?” Wesley then asks.


“At least twice a day, until this happened, Mating is still considered new?” Spike explains.


“Have you bitten her, like this?”


“Once, the night it happened, she seemed agitated in the middle of the night, well I guess day. After I did then she started with the whimpers. I never bit her again after that, I don’t want to hurt her and also haven’t told Rupert either.”


“When a human Mates with a demon of any kind, they do not normally have the same connection that 2 demons the same breed have, what kind of connection do you two have?” Wesley asks.


“Very strong, mental connection, she is able to send me pictures as well as communicate with me. I don’t understand why it is gone now.” Spike tells him a little concerned.


“Thank you for answering me honestly, I asked all of this because Angel commented that it was almost like she was trying to seek out her Mate.” Wesley says standing up.


“Actually now that you think of it, she is in a way, what do we do about it?” Spike asks after he thought about what Wesley just told him.


“I need to check out a couple of things and talk to Mr. Giles and Angel, and then I will talk to you.” Wesley tells him as he takes the now empty mug from Spike.


“You know, I will do what ever I have to, to make her well again.” Spike tells him.


“I know” Wesley says as he opens the door and leaves the room.

__________________________________________________________________________________


Entering the Lobby again, where everyone is deep in researching, Angel says to him. “I was starting to wonder if I had to send a search party out.”


“I was just asking Spike a couple of questions, could you meet me in the office in about 10 minutes, with Mr. Giles.” Wesley says gathering his stuff and going into the office.


__________________________________________________________________________________


10 minutes later Angel and Giles enter the office and sit down.


“What is it Wesley, did you find something?” Angel questions his employee.


“Maybe” Wesley tells them, “A couple of days ago I got frustrated on why we still couldn’t find anything to help her, something Angel said kept bothering me. He made this comment about how it seemed she was trying to seek her Mate. Now I believe you are right, in talking with Spike just now and what I have researched on Demon Mating.”


“But he’s been with her all along since we got her back.” Giles points out to Wesley.


“That might be true, but he told me, she didn’t start her whimpering until after he bit her, she seemed agitated so he tried to calm her with a bite.” Wesley tells Giles knowing he might pick up on it too, if Spike would have told him in the first place.


“How could I have been so stupid?” Giles asks.


“I’m not 100% sure, his blood would work; we still need to separated them to know for sure.” Wesley tells him.


“It will but, we need to get her agitated enough for her to take it the first time.” Angel tells them.


“How do you suggest we do that?” Giles asks Angel.

“Let me deal with it.” Angel tells him then continues. “Just keep everyone downstairs, for a while, if needs be a Sire’s commands always work, no matter how old the Vampire is.” He says as he leaves the office and heads up the stairs.