Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews and to spikes mrs for editting this. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain



Chapter 20 Buffy tells everyone that she wants to go home to Sunnydale


1 week later, Doctor Calton comes to visit with her again.


“Hello, Buffy how are you today.” Dr. Calton questions as he enters her and Spike’s room, with Giles.


“Still can’t do much,” She tells him in a discouraged voice before continuing, “I can eat anything I want, and I have also started to move a couple of my fingers. Last night when I was asleep Spike felt them move against him where my hand was laying on him.”


Sitting down in a chair, he replies to her “That is great, Buffy.” Then continues to explain to her what he is going to do today. “So I am basically going to do the same test that we did last week, but we have decided we will leave your neck for the x-ray.”


Relieved Spike comments “That is good; she was in a lot of pain last week.”


Questioning Dr. Calton asks, “So is it only Buffy telling me about where she feels the pain or will you also be telling me as well?”


Answering Spike says, “Same as last week, if she doesn’t say anything, I will. A lot of times I feel her pain long before her, because it takes so much for her to give into her pain.”


“Good, lastly I hope you don’t mind but I asked Mr. Giles to mark the sheet for me, I hope that is okay with both of you?”


“That is fine,” Both Buffy and Spike reply.


Getting up and moving to the bed, the Doctor says, “Alright shall we get started then?”


At Spikes nod, he asks “Can you lie her on her stomach please.”


Spike lays her on her stomach beside him.


“So now, the same thing as last week, I will start up by your neck, but not to close to it. Then I will work my way down your back to your tailbone, after I reach your tailbone I will then start at your toes and work my way up to your thigh and down the other leg. After I get to your toes again, I will then be moving to your fingers, since you have some movement in them, I will likely put some pressure against them using my hand, and then I will be moving up your arm to your shoulder and repeating with your other arm. So are you ready to begin?”


Quietly she states “Yes.”


“Right then lets get this started.” Spike tells everyone.


The Doctor does what he says and about 20 minutes later, he is finishing up her pressure test noting that about the only change is in her fingers. When he is done he moves back to the chair he was sitting on and Spike, sits Buffy back up before asking, “Should she have made a better amount of healing?”


“Not necessarily.” The doctor tells him.


Questioning Spike, Giles asks him. “Spike when Buffy dropped the organ on you how long did it take for you to heal?”


Groan Spike states “Too Bloody long.”


Questioning Spike again Giles asks. “Is it not correct that you just started walking about a week before, you made your truce with Buffy?”


Grumbling Spike states, “Not even that.”


Doing quick math before speaking of when the organ was dropped on Spike and the truce, Giles points out. “So if my calculations are correct, you were in the wheelchair for about 5-6 months.”


Getting irritated Spike says, “Yes, do you have a point to this Watcher?”


Trying to calm Spike, Buffy calmly states, “Its ok honey calm down and let him explain.”


“Yes there is a point to this, if it took you about 5 months to heal, shouldn’t you expect it to take just as long for her to heal.” Giles asks him.


Quietly Spike says, “But she is Eternal.”


Replying Giles informs him. “Unfortunately we don’t know much about the Eternal.”


Seeing the Doctor has no idea what they are talking about Buffy questions, “Do you think we could let the Doctor talk.”


“Sorry.” Spike says.


“Yes quite right, sorry about that.”


“He’s right, Buffy has made good progress from when she was brought into the hospital 3 weeks ago, we were not even sure if she was going to wake up, from what I have been told and am also seeing, she will most likely be able to move her arms around in about another 2 weeks. But that is not for sure, I am going to see how you are doing next week and I might have someone come and show you exercises to keep your strength up.” Dr. Calton points out to them.


“I won’t be here next week.” Buffy informs the group.


Look at Spike then he asks, “I take it you are going back to Sunnydale then.”


“Wasn’t planning on going back yet, figured I would wait and see how she is doing before I brought it up to anyone.”


“Why do you want to go home Buffy,” The Dr. asks to make sure she was not depressed, but clearly looking at her you could tell she wasn’t.


“I miss my bed, and my training room, if I am going to get use of my arms again, then I will need more then just the average person, helping me.”


“When did you plan on telling us Buffy?” Giles questions.


“I was planning on talking to Mom and Spike first it kind of just came up now though.” She informs him.


Thinking Dr. Calton asks. “If you would like, I could come back Sunday morning to check her progress.”


“That would be great.” Spike replies.


Getting up, he says. “I am really sorry, but I need to get to the hospital. Will you still be coming at the same time as last week?”


“Yes if that is ok, will we be seeing you then?” Spike asks him after answering his question.


Getting up from his chair Giles suggests, “I’ll walk you out.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


After dinner on Friday night, Joyce arrives at the hotel in LA.


Walking up to her daughter upon entering the hotel, she puts her arms around her and gives her a great big hug while whispering in her ear, “How are you?”


Whispering back before, her mother has time to let go, she states, “I want to go home Mommy.”


Getting up from hugging her daughter, Joyce looks over to Spike knowing he heard what Buffy told her. “I know she has mentioned it already.”


“But” Buffy starts drawing the attention back to her, “I want Spike to be able to stay with me, at the house and in my bed.”


Spike starts to chuckle beside her at the way she said it and already knowing what him and Joyce talked about already.

“If I could hit you right now, your nose would not be safe.” She points out when she heard him laugh.


Still chuckling Spike replies to her threat, “No doubt about it.”


Finally cluing in on what Buffy just said, Joyce chastises her daughter, “Buffy we do not talk about hitting people, and especially not your mate. Now I have already talked to William and told him he is welcome to move in with us, until he finds a place for both of you.”


“Thanks Mom, so where is everyone else.”


“They will be here in about and hour.”