Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews and thanks to spikes mrs for editting this, it is sad to say this story if almost over, just a few more chapters. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain


Chapter 21


*****Sunday night, everyone, was back in Sunnydale*****


As Spike carried her into her mother’s house, she mumbles “Home Sweet Home.”


“Well don’t get to comfy, because as soon as I find a house, I will be getting it.” He tells her as he puts her down on the sofa, “Now stay put, I need to go and help your Mom bring our things in.”


“Where would I go? She asks him as he leaves the room, to go back outside.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


With a chuckle, he walks out of the house and goes to rejoin Joyce outside, while saying, “You know it amazes me, that not once has she ever revoked my invitation to your house.”


“I don’t really think, you were on her mind when she finally came home from LA.” Joyce tries to point out to him.


“I remember you mentioning something about that when I came and trapped her mates in the factory, to do that spell. I am surprised it wasn’t revoked after that.”


“I think she trusts you, not to hurt me, from what she always says about you is that you are an annoying pest and you wanted to kill her, and to not let you in but you would deal with her face to face, not through her friends or family.” Joyce informs him as she reaches in to get another bag out of the car.


“She is correct, unless provoked; I would deal with her and only her. I even set her Watcher free, before I made the truce with her a year or so ago.” Spike says while also reaching in to get one of the much larger bags from the car.


“I was not aware of that.” Joyce tells him.


“We better get back in there,” Spike says removing the rest of the bags to carry in with the one he had removed a couple of minutes ago.


“So what are we going to do about getting her in and out of the house?” Joyce asks him as they start to head for the door.


Thoughtfully, he says, “I’ll figure it out later; but I’ll most likely just carry her, in and out. But I will need to find a garage close by to park my car.”

“I have a 2 car garage; you can always park it in here.” Joyce tells him as she walks into the house.


“Thank you, Joyce.” He says walking in behind her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________



“What are you thanking Mom for? Buffy questioned.


Walking up to Buffy and taking her hands for a moment, he says. “For allowing me to park my car in the garage, now I am going to take this stuff up to your room, do you want to come or stay here?”


“Our room,” Buffy points out then says, “I’m comfy, and I’ll stay here, but don’t be too long.”


“I won’t,” Spike states as he takes up off the stairs.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


After Spike goes upstairs, Joyce comes back in from the kitchen, as she sits down on a couch in the living rooms, she tells Buffy. “I was thinking of ordering a pizza, but I have noticed that he steals bits of food while he feeds you.”


“Yes, he eats, if that is what you are asking?” Buffy asks her mother when Joyce paused, but also thinks back to the fact that Angel never ate human food so she can understand her mother asking.


“I know he drinks,” Joyce continues, “because when he came here about a year ago, you could smell the alcohol on him.”

“While Joyce was talking Spike sends back down to Buffy through the link they share ~I eat pizza, just try not to get one with too much garlic in the sauce.~


“He says he eats pizza Mom; just try to get it with plain sauce.


“Oh that is right, Mr. Giles said you could talk telepathically, I should have had you ask him in the first place.”


“Mom, I think I need to tell you something about Vampire’s, in general.”


“What is it Buffy?” Joyce asked confused, “Your making it seem like I do not understand something.”


“Not really, it’s just Vampire’s have senses that a far greater that ours, well actually mine are better too. The one thing that is greater is his hearing; he can actually hear us talking right now.” Buffy points out to her mother.


“You mean he can hear what we are actually talking about.” Joyce asks with a look of horror on her face.


Just then Spike comes back down the stairs and joins Buffy and Joyce in the living room. Then he sits down on the couch where he pulls Buffy onto his lap.


After he was seated, Joyce says to him, “Sorry to talk about you like that.”


“Don’t worry about it Joyce, nothing you said was not true, I had been drinking, before I showed up here. Now why don’t you order the pizza, and then you can ask me anything you want about my being a Vampire.” Spike adds as a suggestion to help her adjust better, to having him there.


“Joyce nods, and gets up to order the pizza.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Then next afternoon, Willow comes to visit Buffy.


Hearing a knock on her front door, Buffy asks Spike, “Can you get that please?”


“Sure thing, Goldilocks,” Spike says as he gets up to go and answer the door. As he opens he notices Willow standing, there “Come in Red, I’m sure, she will be glad to see you.”


Willow then walks by him and gives him a quiet “Hello” as she got to walk into the living room, where Buffy is sitting. “Hi Buffy, I hope you don’t mind, but I wanted to talk about some things.”


“Nope, just watching TV with Spike, oh and we were reading the ads for houses earlier.”


“You’re looking for a house.” Willow asks.


“Can’t stay here for ever, Will besides I kinda freaked mom out last night, when I told her that Spike could hear anywhere in the house.”


“It wasn’t that bad, pet, plus I told her in LA that I plan on buying a house. So where do you want to have your little chat then?”

“Can you take me upstairs? And then you can come back down and watch Passions.” Buffy asks him.


“Alright luv, lets go,” he says as he pulls her onto his lap and stands up, once he carries her upstairs and places her on the bed, Buffy moves her eyes to the door and says “Out.”


“You know I will hear anyhow.” Spike said with a whine in his voice.


“Maybe you will, but being a good Mate and listening to Passions will take away, your wanting to listen in. Friend needing to talk, means girl talk, normally done a whole lot better, when ones Mate isn’t in the room. And if said friend had a Mate as well, we might even talk about each of our Mates, now you go.”


“Just call me if you need anything.” He says leaning down to kiss her, then walks to the door and closing it after he leaves the room.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Once Spike is out of the room, Buffy says to Willow, “So what did you want to talk about, Will?”


“I am starting to have feeling for someone, Buffy and I don’t know what to do.”


Happy for her friend, Buffy suggests, “That is great Willow, why don’t you see if he’ll join us the next time we go to The Bronze.”


Biting her lower lip, Willow quietly says. “That is the thing, Buffy it is not a guy it is a girl.”


“Oh that is great Will, so who is the lucky girl?” Buffy says trying to hide the fear that it might be her.


From downstairs they hear a growl, so Buffy yells down to him, “Hush down Honey.”


“Oh, No, you’re freaking, you think it’s you I have feelings for. I don’t, I have feelings for someone else, Tara. I have feeling s for her; well I love you but only as a friend.” Willow says as she babbles on.


“Willow, relax and breathe.”


“I love you too, but only as a friend, not the way that I love Spike. Now I think you better invite her to the Bronze next time we go, I don’t think she will disappoint you.” Buffy said trying to reassure her friend.


Shyly Willow says, “We kind of kissed last night.” Then she changed the subject, “So are we having our standard Tuesday Bronze night?”


“Has to be Wednesday this week, we have an appointment tomorrow to go and look at a house.” Buffy tells her.


“That is great, I will let Xander know when I talk to him later, but right now I better get going.”


“Give me a hug and I will talk to you later, I believe Giles might be coming around tonight.” Buffy tells her.