Author's Chapter Notes:
Well its the last chapter, please read note at end. Thanks to all the reviews and to spikes mrs for editting this. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain


Chapter 25 Buffy starts to walk again.


3 weeks later at the Magic Box, Spike and Buffy came in for their daily exercise routine. “Ah good you’re here,” Giles says as he sees them walk into the front of the shop from the back covered entrance where Spike can park his car before the sun goes down.


“We come around this time everyday, Giles.” Buffy tells him as Spike takes a seat at the research table, since it is easier for Buffy to get closer to him than his usual position on the stairs or countertop.


“Yes, I am aware of that, it just that I have been investigating what Ethan told us, and have been able to determine that it is true, I have even been in contact with a couple of demons on the list he left with us.” Giles tells them as he takes a seat at the table as well.


Unsure about what Giles has just said, she asks quietly, “So what do we do about it?”


“We wait and see what is thrown at us next.” Giles suggests to her.


“Well you do that, I need to work on being able to walk again,” Buffy tells him as she starts to head off to the training room, with Spike getting up and following her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Once in the training room, she asks as she puts the brake on to the wheelchair and slides out of it, “So what are we going to be working on today, Sir.”


“I’ll Sir, you. But first we need to get you changed.” He then picks her up and walks her to the bathroom, so she can get changed.


After he helps her change into her work out clothes, be brings he back and places her on the mat, lying down. “Now lets get started with your ankles, the good Doctor said you neck has totally healed now and should be able to start putting weight on your legs anytime now.”


“Hope so I am getting so tired of this chair.”


“I know luv, it won’t be too long before you can walk again, if we work at it.” He tells her as he picks up her right leg.


He starts to rub his hands over her ankle, the way the doctor has shown him, to help loosen the muscles before he takes the foot and gently starts to flex it back and forth, a few times. He then starts to feel a movement against his hand, so he looks down to see her wiggling her toes against his hand.


“Pet what are you doing?”


“Wiggling my toes,” She answers honestly to him.


“I can see that, but why?” He asks still trying to figure out what she has started to wiggle her toes against his hand.


Honestly she tells him, “Because you like when I do it at home, and you also forgot to start with them.”


“Don’t need to work on them; in fact I don’t really think I need to do too much anymore. I am just warming you up, and then was going to start doing something I believe you are more than ready for.” He tells her with a smile.


“And what would that be?” She asked trying to pick out from there shared link what he is thinking.


“After I am happy that you have moved your body enough, I am taking you over to that horse thing over there and you can practice standing.”


“Well what are you waiting for?” She questions him as she starts to wiggle her toes again.


“Calm down luv, we’ll get to that when you are good and ready,” Spike informs her, letting her see he doesn’t plan on rushing it, and picks up doing the exercises the doctor showed him again.


After Spike had done the warm up, he puts both legs together and raises them, slightly bent at the knees. As he leans over them he says to her, “If you can’t take some of my weight, you won’t be able to stand.”


Grabbing him, she flings him over her head as she rolls with him, to straddle his waist, as she goes to kiss him, she says, “You think I am weak,” Then she kisses him.


Standing in the doorway, Giles clears his throat, and says “No you are definitely not weak.”


Looking up, she says “Sorry Giles.”


“Don’t be, I just came to tell Spike we will be leaving in about 10 minutes.” Then he walked back into the main room of the shop.


“Right then, I’ll just go change the Slayer and will be out.” Spike says as he starts to get up with Buffy still straddling him.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


20 minutes later, the guys have all headed out to patrol, so Buffy waits another 10 minutes to make sure they haven’t forgotten anything, and might have to come back before she speaks up. “Alright guys, I need your help but you can’t tell Spike, or Anyone.”


“What is it, Buffy?” Willow asks a little unsure of what she might be agreeing too.


“I think, I might be able to start walking again, but I want to surprise Spike.” She informs everyone.


“Of course we will help, and we won’t say a thing either,” Willow tells her as she gets up from her spot at the table. “Let’s go the sooner, we get started the longer we have.”


Tara also got up and followed, Buffy and Willow, but Anya stayed at the counter.


“Coming, Anya?” Buffy asks.


“Soon, I just want to finish counting the money, and then I will be in.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


20 minutes later, Anya was entering the training room to see, Willow walking backwards holding Buffy hands and Tara pushing the wheelchair behind Buffy so she could sit if she got tired.


“You’re doing great, Buffy.” Anya tells her as she closes the training room door behind her.


“Yeah, I am so now let’s stop.” Buffy tells everyone.


Right away Willow stopped walking, “Do you need help sitting down again.” Willow then asked her friend ready to help her.


“No, I just want to stand for a couple of minutes, so you think you could let go.” Buffy asks Willow who was still holding her hands.


“Are you sure you are ready for that?” Tara asks trying not to hide her worry.


“Spike doesn’t know it, but the other day; I was sliding off the counter and almost lost my balance and had to use my legs so I would not fall.” Buffy tells the group.


“Buffy what were you thinking?” Tara asks knowing that Spike didn’t want her doing that sort of thing.


“Spike was asleep and I needed something.” She answered honestly.


“Buffy you know Spike would want you to wake him.” Willow tells her friend.


“I know, I didn’t, I was fine, but now could I please try standing on my own.”


As Willow let’s go, Anya moves to the side of Buffy, “I don’t want you to fall, but in case you do I will help you, if you need me too.”


“Gee, thanks Anya.” Buffy says.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


30 minutes later, all the girls were sitting at the research table talking quietly, when the guys came back from patrol.


Sitting down beside Buffy, Spike asks “So did you birds have a good time?”


“I’m thinking we should do this every night,” Willow suggests with a wink.


“That’s a great idea, Will’s then Spike doesn’t have to worry about me, now that he is patrolling with Giles and Xander.” Buffy says backing Willows idea with a wink back to Willow.


Holding up his hand to stop them, he says “Before you go any farther what are you birds cooking up?”


“Who say we are planning anything Honey,” Buffy says hoping he won’t pick up the lie in her voice.


“You’re forgetting I know you Slayer,” Spike tells her not letting her know he has clearly picked up on that lie.


“Honestly I am not planning anything.” Then as an after thought she says. “Well there is this.” She says as she sends him an R-rated picture through the link.


“Then what are we still doing here?” Spike asks as he quickly gets up and starts to leave the shop, with Buffy.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


1 week later, Buffy was finishing up her training, when the guys left to go on patrol.


“So when are you going to tell Spike, that you can walk again?” Willow asks as Buffy comes into the main part of the shop.


“Soon, it has only been a day, I haven’t figured out how yet.” Buffy tells her friends honestly.


“Maybe we could brain storm when we take a break from researching this new demon,” Tara suggests.


“We could, but I was kind of hoping to use the punching bag some tonight.”


“You do that we can work it out, when you are done.” Willow tells her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


1 hour later, Buffy gets up from the table, “I need to stretch so I am going to go and hit the bag for a few minutes.” She then turns and wheels herself onto the training room.


Once inside, she parks the chair off to the side and gets out and walks over to the punching bag stopping at the area to tape her hands up, then she starts to punch lightly at the bag.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


20 minutes later, Xander comes into the shop slightly out of breath “You don’t need to research that demon anymore, because Spike killed it and is on his way back as well.” Once he finished talking he takes a seat in the chair beside Anya and looks around. “Where’s Buffy?”


“She is in the training room; she wanted a break from researching.” Anya answers, for everyone.


“And why would she be in the training room, and all of you out here?” Spike asks hearing what Anya had said as he entered the shop.


“She needed to stretch.” Anya tells him without thinking.


Walking to the training room door, he says “Right then, I’ll just be in there over seeing that.”


As he gets to the training room door, Willow’s voice stops him. “Don’t go to hard on her.” He turns quickly to her and says “I won’t,” Then walks in the door.


Once inside the training room, he closes the door behind him and takes in the sight in front of him, for a couple of minutes he just stands there watching her. Then he slowly walks up to her and raises a hand to the arm getting ready to swing at the punching bag. “I think the thing I miss the most with this chip in my head, is not being able to fight you.”


She then turns in his arms, and his hands automatically go to her waist, “If you wouldn’t have gotten chipped we wouldn’t be mated now.”


Backing her up towards the wall, he tells her, “I would like to think we would eventually get together.” Then he kisses her, after ending the kiss, he asks her, “So luv, how long have you been walking?”


“By myself, since last night, sorry I wanted to surprise you.” She tells him as she bites her lip.


“Well that you can say I was, but I knew you were up to something.” He tells her point blankly.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


The next afternoon, Giles calls Buffy and Spike’s place.


“Hello,” Buffy says answering the ringing phone.


“Hello, Buffy, It is Giles. I am calling to inform you that Faith is awake and currently missing.”


“Alright, I will take Spike and we’ll go and look for her tonight.” Buffy tells him, wanting to get back into patrolling.


“Who we looking for?” Spike asks as he starts to wake up beside Buffy.


“Faith.”


“I’ll go with your Watcher and you can stay here with you mates.” Spike tells her in a tone that she has learned you don’t argue with.


“I do believe Spike is right, Buffy.” Giles says backing up what he had heard Spike say to her.


“Fine both gang up on me.” Buffy says with a pout.


“Just doing it because we love you, luv.” Spike says as he gives her neck a kiss.


“Tell Spike that I will meet him, at your place for sundown.” Giles says as he gets ready to ring off.


“Oh fine, I will talk to you later.”


“Goodbye Buffy,” Giles says before he hangs up.


___________________________________________________________________________________


Just after sundown, Giles and Spike are making their way out into the night, in search of the rogue Slayer.


“The Council is looking for her as well tonight, if we are lucky one of us will find her before the Initiative does.” Giles explains to Spike, as they walk through one of the many graveyards.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


1 hour later, Spike and Giles were walking through Restfield Cemetery, when they came across Faith, fighting a gang of Vampires.


Right away Giles and Spike jump in to help her fight them, once the gang is killed, Faith turns to Giles and says “Looks like B, has been slacking off a bit again.”


Growling Spike says, “You leave the other Slayer out of it, you don’t know anything about her.”


Faith lunges at him, and he reaches out to defend himself, and accidentally hits Faith, sending himself to the ground holding his head in pain.


Seeing that Giles is distracted with the Vampire, Faith makes a run for it.


Noticing that he has let his concern for the Vampire, has let Faith get away, he then walks over to Spike and puts his hand on his shoulder, before asking. “I have been meaning to ask you, have you thought about getting the chip removed?”


The End


AN: I know I left it with a cliff-hanger, that was the plan, it is open for a sequel, I haven’t decided if I will do one right now, I have lots of other Fic’s I am also working on.

What happened to Riley was never in my plan for this fic, I don’t know if I would add a court case in a sequel or not, Faith waking up was and maybe her joining the Initiative again that would be sequel base and Giles end question to Spike was always my stopping point you can guess at what he would say, but then again you never know.

Thank you

smlcspike