Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the review, thanks to spikes mrs for looking it over, again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 6 Riley & home from the hospital


While Buffy was at the hospital, Riley was being dealt with in the Initiative. After Rupert Giles left Riley’s room, Graham and Forrest took Riley down into the Initiative to see Professor Walsh.


“Keep him here while, I go talk to Professor Walsh.” Graham orders Forrest as he starts to walk off towards Professor Walsh‘s office.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


He walks to Professor Walsh’s office door and proceeds to knock on it, “Come in.” Maggie calls out from within her office, when she hears the knock on the door.


Walking into Professor Walsh’s office, “Ma’am we have a problem.” Graham informs her.


“With what?” she asks as she turns around to face Graham.


“Riley, he was found in his room with Buffy Summers.” Graham tells her.


“I understood those 2 were going out, am I not correct.” She questions his telling her about Riley and Buffy.


“No, she broke up with him just over a week ago.”


“You never know they could be getting back together, now.” She says not wanting to believe that Riley would do anything to harm a woman, if that is what Graham is talking about.


“No, ma’am we heard a scream, and it came from his room, when we got there her friends were coming to get her, at the same time. When we heard the scream both Forrest and I ran into Riley’s room. I pulled him off of her, they were both naked and he was about to enter her unconscious body as he held a tazor to her neck.” Graham informs her, with a shudder of having to relive the image in his head.


“Where is Riley and the girl now?” Maggie asks clearly surprised at what Graham has just told her.


“Riley is down here waiting out in the hall with Forrest, an older man came and wrapped her in a blanket then handed her over to a bleach blonde man, who never entered the room, I know I have seen him before but can’t figure out where from. The older man instructed them to take her to the hospital, and he would follow shortly.”


Still in disbelief that Riley would do something like this she asks, “Do we know exactly what Riley did?”


“He says he went to talk to her this morning, she knew all about what we did here and he freaked out. He told us that he tazored her and took her back to his place, he was going to bring her to you tonight, but decided to have some fun with her first. So he handcuffed her to his bed after stripping her down, and then had sex with her over and over again, while keeping the tazor near by to use on and off during the day so she would not regain consciousness. But she must have at some point because she let out a scream and broke the handcuffs, he then said he grabbed the tazor and turned it up all the way and put it at the base of her skull. We have no idea if she is alive or not.” Graham added the last part as an after thought to Professor Walsh.


“We need to find out if Miss Summers is okay and find out what exactly Riley was thinking, when they were talking.” Maggie informs him.


“Her friends will recognize Forrest and me.” Graham points out to her.


“Your not going to the hospital, both of you will stay with Riley.” Maggie tells him, as she sits down in her desk chair, behind her desk. “Please bring Riley in.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Graham leaves her office to go and retrieve Riley and Forrest, “Professor Walsh will see us now.” He tells them as he walks up to where Forrest is keeping Riley in the hall outside her office.


Forrest then helps Riley up and starts to guide him to the office, Riley just shrugs of Forrest while saying, “I can walk all by myself, thank you.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Graham and Forrest silently follow him to Professor Walsh’s office, once they enter the office Maggie turns to them and says. “Sit down, guys.”

Pacing her small office a couple times she says to Riley, “Just what were you thinking, I told you to get close and try and find out what she is, not to do what you did.” She yells angrily at him.


“I wasn’t ma’am, when she knew all that stuff about us, I just lost it. Then she called herself the Slayer and said that we had put a chip in her Mates head.” Riley replies back to her.


“Hostile 17.” Graham says. “I knew, I knew him from somewhere and the older man now that you think of it mention a chip in her Mates head.”


“We argued about her and him, she doesn’t seem to care about him being a Vampire.” Riley continued on his tale of what took place.


“I always thought the Slayer was a myth.” Maggie says thoughtfully.


“You mean you believe her?” Riley asks, with surprise in his voice.


“Yes, now what we need to do is lay low for a while, and then I will begin surveillance on her and hostile 17, right now you are going to be stuck down here. The authorities were most likely called, we will assess the situation and move on from there, take him to room 286. We will have to get it set up for him; I also suggest, that you two spend as much time down here as possible for your own safety. I will talk to you later.” Maggie says as she dismisses them, by turning her back on them.


Looking at a list she picks up the phone and pages an agent.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****10 minutes later an Agent comes into Maggie’s office.*****


“You paged me, ma’am?” the Agent questions.


“Yes, Unfortunately Riley has got himself in a bit of trouble and I will need you to investigate, the extent of Miss Summers injuries and the documents that the hospital might have on what took place tonight, you may set out early in the morning.” Maggie informs him.


“Yes ma’am.” The agent replies.


“Good I will see you tonight.” Maggie says as she dismisses him as well and goes back to what she was doing at the table behind her desk, before Graham interrupted her the first time.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****The gang arrives back at Giles flat after leaving the hospital.*****


Spike is carrying Buffy up to his room, when Giles calls out to him, “Did you want me to call Angel or did you want to be the one to make the call to him?”


“You do it; I have a Mate to take care of.” Spike says as he continues to climb the stairs.


____________________________________________________________________________________


Once Spike is upstairs, Giles turns to the rest of them and says. “Why don’t you all go home and get some rest, come back later, it has been a long day and I am totally ready just to fall into bed myself, but first I have to call Angel.”


At everyone’s nods Giles then continues.


“Willow, we will be leaving by sundown, Xander it would be best for you and Anya to come anytime that you are not working for any long periods of time, could you also tell her mother when she gets home in a day or so.”


“Alright me and Anya will see you on the weekend.” then he turns to Willow, “Want a ride back to the dorm Will’s?”


“Yes please.” She tells him.


“See you later G-man.”


“Bye Giles.” Willow says.


Then the 3 young adults left Giles flat.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****Upstairs in Spikes room. *****


He gently lays her on the bed, and starts to unwrap her from his duster, while talking softly to her. “I love you, Slayer, I don’t know if you can hear me or even feel me, but I can feel you. Your still there, somewhere.” He continues to undress while he is talking. “Even if you never wake up, I won’t leave you, I never left Dru all alone, when she was weak and in the need of my help. You’re my Mate and that is all there needs to be.” By the time he is done talking, he has her undressed and covered in bed.


Then he undresses himself and climbs into bed beside her, pulling her close to him. His demon is in pain, because his Mate is in pain and the only thing that is keeping the demon in check right now is the contact he is able to have with her right now.