Author's Chapter Notes:
I am posting 2 chapters today this is the first. Thank you to spikes mrs for editting this. Again thank you for the reviews and again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


AN: This is a very emotional chapter for Giles and Angel. Yes Angel is already in the hotel as it works better with this fic. Yes Faith is mentioned in this chapter, keep watch for later chapters then you will know why.


Chapter 7 The call to Angel


Giles found that he was reaching for a glass of Scotch to get his thoughts in order before calling Angel. Realizing that a hour has pasted since the children have gone and he is on his third glass of Scotch, and still hasn’t phoned Angel, he picks up his phone to dial the same number he called just over a week ago, to tell the Vampire with a soul that his grandechilde had Mated with the Slayer and he was not to interfere, now he found himself calling for help from the same Vampire.


“It’s just coming on dawn you better not be asleep.” Giles says as he hears the ringing of the phone, and waits for it to be answered.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


As Angel starts his go up the stairs to his room on the top floor, he hears the phone ringing, knowing that it will be a couple hours before either Cordelia or Wesley will be in, he goes back to answer it. “Angel Investigations, Angel speaking, how may I help you?” Angel says sitting down at the welcome desk so he can take notes of what he needs too.


“Hello Angel, its Rupert Giles, I am so glad I was able to catch you before you went to sleep for the day.” Giles says into the phone.


Curious on why Giles would be calling him at this time of day, he asks “What can I help you with, Giles.” Still not all that happy that Giles won’t let him interfere in Buffy and Spikes mating.


“Actually I am calling for, Spike…” Giles starts but is interrupted by Angel in an angry outburst. “If Spike wants something, he can call me himself.”


“Do shut up Angel,“ Giles says as he gets mad at Angel for interrupting . “I told Spike I would call, so he could deal with helping Buffy.”


Knowing that most Vampires don’t intentionally hurt their Mate, Angel starts to wonder. “Giles if he is dealing with Buffy what happened?” Also knowing he would be in his car come sundown to deal with his arrogant grandechilde.


“You have to understand Angel this is still really hard for me, and I do know what you are thinking but Spike was not the one that hurt Buffy.” Giles stressed before he continued, “Nor did he have anything to do with it, we spent most of the day trying to keep him indoors so he would not go out and get himself dusted by trying to get to her. Anya ended up raiding my medicine cabinet and giving him a mixture of Valuim and blood, just to calm him down.”


Angel didn’t say anything, when Giles took the pause to collect himself, before continuing in a voice very unlike Giles.

“You see yesterday morning, Buffy went back to, the dorm room she shares with Willow to get something between classes, we are assuming from what she said to Willow and what Spike was able to tell from the link they currently share what was going on, but since we are not able to talk to her we are quite unsure.”


Giles pauses again to collect himself and Angel decided he better steels himself for some bad news.


“It seems that Riley, someone she started seeing shortly after college started, and recently broke up with due to the Mating that took place during the spell. Well we are not sure, Spike said they were arguing and then all of a sudden she was unconscious, we believe that during this argument that he managed to get close to Buffy and used a tazor on her to knock her out. He then proceeded to take her back to his dorm room and handcuff her to his bed.”


For a couple minutes he heard tears in Giles voice, before he said what Angel was starting to think.


“Where he repeatedly raped her, while he kept her knocked out, by using his tazor on her. Spike was able to feel everything being done to her, and she wasn’t able to regain consciousness until later in the afternoon. Once she awoke, she was able to use her link with Spike to tell him where she was, so we went to rescue her, once we were in the dorm house that Riley lives in, we instructed her to let him know she was a wake and try and knock him out, as she said he was about to rape her again. When she screamed and broke the handcuffs because he was already on her, he was able to get her back down and he took the tazor and placed it on the back of her neck and pushed the button and held it there. Currently we don’t know if she will ever wake up.”


When Giles paused again, crying, Angel asks. “Do you want me to come to Sunnydale?”


“Actually that is the main reason why I am calling, I don’t want you to come here, because of what Riley does, and it’s not safe here for Buffy, Spike or really any of us right now. Spike is your family and because he is Mated to Buffy that makes her your family, he can not protect Buffy when he can’t fight with the chip in his head. I am quite sure they will either try to recapture him or both of them, we could all use the Sanctuary you can offer them, and was hoping it was ok if we came down there at sundown this evening.” Giles tells him.


Without thinking, Angel replies, “Of course Giles, just to make it clear I am doing this for Buffy, not for Spike. What do you mean the chip and who else is coming?”


“I understand, I don’t think Spike is expecting you to do it for him, in fact I bet he likes the idea just as much as you are right now. When I suggested it to him I used Buffy’s safety to get him to say yes to it. Tonight I will be driving Buffy, Spike, and Willow. Since Riley knows all of us I suggested that Xander and Anya come up when ever he is not working and he is going to tell Joyce, when she gets home tomorrow afternoon. As for the chip, it’s a long story and I would really like to not get into it now as I would really like some sleep so I can be there if Spike needs any help with Buffy.”


“Right I will get the rooms ready and see you sometime this evening.” Angel says before hanging up his phone. He just sits there for a few minutes before writing a note to Wesley and Cordelia, also thinking of all the help that his little Vampire family will need, hoping he won’t need to find Dru to come help as well. Then he gets up and goes to his room not sure how or if he will get to sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


After Giles hangs up from Angel he climbs the stairs and looks in on Buffy. Sensing Giles at the door, Spike says to him. “No change, Watcher, I assume Peaches said yes.”


“Yes, I am just going to go to bed to try and get some sleep, I suggest you try as well. If you need anything just let me know.” Giles says as he leaves the room.


“I’ll try don’t exactly know if the demon will allow me that, thought, It needs to watch over it‘s mate.” Spike tells him, as Giles leaves to go to his room.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


While the scoobies are trying to forget the horror of the day before and what happened to their friend, an Agent who works for the Initiative is busy scurrying the halls of Sunnydale General, trying to find out anything he can on Buffy Summers and the Slayer from the night before.


____________________________________________________________________________________


An hour later the same agent is making his way back to his boss’s office at the Initiative to go over his findings with her.”


After hearing the knock on the door she says, “Come in.”


Once she hears the door open behind her, she says to him. “Well what do you have for me?”


“Miss Summers was definitely at the hospital, she was seen by a Doctor Goodman. I further investigated the situation and found that they are keeping her heavily guarded in the basement. She happens to be in a coma.” The agent tells her.


“So she is in a coma, then that would work out nicely.” Maggie tells him.


“How so? Ma’am”


“The longer she is out the longer it will take for her to talk, if the authorities were involved. I want you to go every morning and check out the situation.”


“You may go now; I have class to teach in a few minutes, I will meet with you later.”


“Yes Ma’am,“ The agent says as he is leaving the office.


20 minutes later Professor Walsh is entering her pych 101 class, in which both Willow and Buffy are students in. She immediately to notice that neither girl was in class that day.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


As morning turned into afternoon, Willow, Anya, and Xander made their way to the ex-Watchers flat.


Entering the flat Xander asks. “So how is the Buffster today?”


“I’m afraid there has been, no change.” Giles replies.


“Is that good or bad?” Willow asks.


“Because she is Eternal, I couldn’t tell you. I did take Spike up some blood to drink, but he couldn’t tell me much either.


“Do you think I could see her?” Willow asks.


“I believe that Spike might let you sit in the room with them for a bit, then if maybe Xander could take you to pack some of Buffy favourite things.”


Willow nods at him, holding up a bag, “I already packed some of her things, I made a point to pack Mr. Gordo as well.”


“Very good, I called Angel and he is expecting us after sundown, so I guess the only thing left to do is to start researching and plan for these next few hours.” Giles tells them.