Author's Chapter Notes:
2nd of 2 today, sorry for the lack of spuffy. Again thans to spikes mrs for editting it and I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 8 LA team and Riley


That afternoon Angel is descending the stairs into the lobby of the Hotel, he owns. “I thought I left a note to be woken up, when you got in?” Angel asks as he crosses the lobby to sit down in a chair behind the desk.


“Yeah, well has anyone ever told you, that you sleep like the dead?” Cordelia asked with a dumb expression on her face.


“That could be because I am dead.” Angel argues back to her.


“Guys,” Wesley says trying to break into their argument. “No arguing, now Angel left us a note so why don’t we find out what it is about.” Wesley suggests, waiting patiently for them to stop to find out what was going on.


“I received a call from Rupert Giles early this morning, seems he spent the night with Buffy in the hospital, so I immediately assumed Spike did something to her. Giles then explained what happened to me, and let’s just say it is not good, and leave it at that.”


“There’s more isn’t there?” Wesley asks, knowing Angel knew the whole story.


“Yes there is more, Giles would not tell me everything, but he told me most of it, said he would tell more when they arrived tonight. So I will need 3 rooms ready for now, put Spike and Buffy’s by mine, I don’t know if he will want or need his Vampire family near, but I need to offer it just in case.” Angel tells them, not sure how far he really wants to go with Spike, but is willing to go for Buffy.


“I’ll get right on that, since we are slow anyways, and I am guessing Wesley will want to talk to you right now any how.” Cordelia says as she turns and leaves the lobby then goes up to get the rooms ready.


“How do you feel about everything involving Buffy and Spike?” Wesley asks.


“Honestly, I love Buffy and most likely always will, but when Spike devotes himself to someone he devotes his whole self. He’s actually always been devoted to her, there was a passion there when he was trying to kill her, and she had one towards him. I tried to tell myself that it was just the slayer, but it never came when she was fighting other vamps or even me. Spike took care of Dru for years; I know he will with Buffy as well, even if I don’t like it. He’s family and if what Giles hinted at is true they could very well be in danger.”


“Do you know everything that happened to her?” Wesley questioned him with concern in his voice.


“Giles told me most of it, even with it being very hard of him emotionally, he also didn’t want to take much time on the phone in case Spike needed him, plus he also wanted to try and get some sleep.”


“It might help you, if you do tell me what has happened to her.” Wesley tells him.


“Your not going to let up until, I do tell you, are you?” Angel asks him.


“I know you Angel, if you could you would be in Sunnydale now, going to her rescue.” Wesley informs him.


“Why?, She’s Spikes worry now, not mine.” Angel points out to Wesley, but not meaning it with the tone he used.


“You don’t mean that and you know it, yes they are Mated, but that just adds her to your Order and it would be a cause to want to protect her, protect him.” Wesley points out, know what Angel is like.


“Alright fine, he didn’t call until the sun was rising, or I would have gone down there even if it was to make sure no danger did come to them.” Angel says with anger in his voice, “besides what is it with you Watchers today? Giles pointed out to me that Buffy was added to the Order and now you are; do you not think I don’t know that, I also know when a demon is hurting it needs comfort and the best comfort is from its Sire or maker depending on the kind of demon, I am hoping Spike won’t be that bad.”


“Now were getting somewhere, so can you at least give me the cliff notes version, of my past charge.” Wesley asks.


With a chuckle Angel says, “Cliff notes version, wish have had the cliff notes version, not even sure there is one. It’s bad Wes. She was taken after getting into some kind of fight with her ex-boyfriend, some how he had a tazor not sure why, but he managed to knock her out with it and then he took her back to his room where he handcuffed her to the bed and proceeded to rape her all day, while continuing to keep her knocked out. She has been unconscious since they found her and rescued her.” Angel tells him, trying to keep the anger out of his voice.


“Thank you, I think you needed to get that out, and I know I sure needed to hear it, even though we didn’t get along I really do like Buffy Summers.” Wesley told him.


“I am going to go and prepare for tonight, I am not sure what it is going to be like.” Angel says as he starts to make his way out of the lobby, and up the stairs.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Back in the Initiative


After Maggie Walsh finished teaching for the day, she made her way to the holding room, where she put Riley, to find Graham and Forrest are with him.


Seeing he is not alone she asked, “Would you mind giving Riley and me a minute.”


“Yes ma’am.” Forrest and Graham say getting up to leave and closing the door behind them.


“So I sent an Agent to the hospital to investigate this mess you have made for yourself.” She says after the others are out of the room. “It would appear the Miss Summers is in a coma and heavily guarded in the basement of the hospital. I also had someone from the local Police department come and want to question you, I informed him that you are a solider of the US military and since it happened on military property they had to go through the proper channels.”


“Thank you ma’am, I still don’t understand what set me off like that, as soon as she mentioned the Initiative and her Mate, I just couldn’t think straight anymore. Riley tells her.


“You will be getting some testing done on yourself, just so you know, one does not do something like this and we pretend it never happened, are we clear.


“Yes ma’am” he said knowing she would want an answer.


“You also don’t need to worry about it to much, we as the Military will take care of it, just because she is the Slayer and we haven’t even proved that yet doesn’t mean she will win.”


“How could you say that, Professor Walsh I was in the wrong, and I abused my power?” Riley burst out.


“Agent Finn you haven’t done anything that others haven’t thought of or have done, and for that the military will protect you.”


“Thank you.” Riley tells her.


“Now what have, you done all day because there is a demon that needs tracking later tonight, not a capture but tracking, if you are in your fatigues and mask no one should recognize you and you will be staying away from Buffy Summers friends and family?” She informed him.


“Yes ma’am I can do that, who will be going with me?” Riley asks.


“Usual teams, now I will send someone with something for you to eat, is there anything else you will need?” She asks opening the door to the room and getting ready to leave.


“No ma’am I should be fine thank you for letting me go on the mission.”


“I’m not about to lose my best Agent now, I’ll see you later.” She says as she leaves the room.


AN: Sorry for the lack of Spuffy, but I realized I needed to deal with Riley and the LA crew. Note we will not be seeing too much of what is happening with Riley.