Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank again for all the reviews, sorry should have warned that it was going to have 2 chapters up at a time, this week I am only doing one, I believe it will flow better if I wait and do 2 chapters next week. Again thanks to the lovely spikes mrs for looking them all over for me. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 9 They leave for LA


About and hour before sun down Giles goes back up stairs to, check on Buffy and talk with Spike.


“Have you come to tell me, we are going to be leaving soon? Spike asks as Giles quietly enters the room.


“Actually yes I was,” Giles answered him, with a look of confusion on his face, “How did you know that I was going to be saying we were leaving soon?” Then he remembers that Spike can sense the night coming as well as when dawn will arrive. “Did you want me to get Willow to come up and sit with her while you pack up your stuff?” Giles asks


“Vampire here,” Spike tells him even if he feels the Watcher ha already worked it out. “My senses tell me when the sun is about to set and as for packing no I did it when you were asleep and knew that Buffy was asleep and resting comfortably, I could use Willow to bring her up some pj’s though as all she has is what the doctor gave her to wear home last night. I will be wrapping her in my duster again but she needs other clothes too.” Spike tells him.


“Right, before I actually go and get Willow, can I ask you if there has been any change in her?”


“Of course you can, you are like a father to her, she sees you as a father figure and the demon respects family. About a hour ago she started to make a soft whimpering sound, its not loud enough for you to hear, if my vamp hearing wasn’t in effect then I would not be able to hear it.”


“Thank you, I’ll just go and get Willow for you, and get her to bring up some of Buffy’s clothes so you can get her dressed.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


10 minutes later, Willow is going up to see Spike and Buffy to give him some clothes to put on Buffy, with a bag of Buffy’s clothes in her hand she enters the room that Spike is staying in.


“I wasn’t sure what you wanted and didn’t really think you or Buffy would want Xander and Giles seeing her private attire.” Willow tells him, holding up a bag of Buffy’s stuff.


“No that is one thing they do not need to look at, Thanks Red, I just want to put her in some nice and warm pj’s; she is injured down there so the knickers she normally wears would only make it worse.” Spike tells her.


“Oh I thought of that as well she has some that she only wears at that time of the month, they are bikinis not thongs.” Willow tells him as she pulls them out of the bag.


“I’m not really sure how anything would feel down there against all the bruises and scrapes.” Spike assesses


“I never thought of that.” Willow says as she takes out Buffy’s yummy sushi pj’s and puts the panties back, “they are the softest pair I can think of that she has.”


“Just leave them on the foot of the bed and I will get up and get them in a few minutes. I am kind of a little under dressed to get them with you in the room.” Spike tells her, with a smirk.


Willow blushes beet red, as she takes the bag and goes to leave, “I’ll just go back down stairs and wait with the others.”


As she is about to walk out the door and shut it, Spike stops her by saying. “We’ll be down in a few minutes.”


“Alright I’ll tell Giles, is there anything you want me to take down for you?” She asks once she paused at the door.


“No I’ll be fine.” Spike tells her, so she continues to leave the room and close the door.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


After the door is closed, Spike quietly says to Buffy as he reaches for the pj’s Willow left on the end of the bed. “Well luv, I’m going to get you into some nice warm pj’s then I’m getting myself dressed. Your Watcher is going to take us to Peaches in LA so we can be safe.”


As Spike is dressing her Buffy starts to whimper a bit more at the movements he is causing.


“I wish I knew what you are trying to tell me, this whimpering is kind of hard on my ears at times, but please don’t stop doing it. It lets me know you are still with me.” He tells her, as he finishes dressing her.


Alright so now it’s just me that has to get dressed again and then I’ll wrap you back up in my duster.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________



20 minutes after Willow, left Spikes room, he comes down the stairs with Buffy wrapped in his duster in one arm, tucked securely to him and his bag in the other arm.


Sitting down on the couch he arranges Buffy on his lap and says to Giles, “All ready Watcher.”


“We will be leaving in just a few minutes, I am just finishing grabbing the rest of the blood for you, and Xander is finishing up the packing of the car.” Giles informs him from the kitchen.


“So what is Peaches going to do to me when, he sees me?” Spike asks as Giles makes his way back into the living room from getting the blood.


“I have informed him of the situation this morning, so hopefully he won’t cause much of a problem, but all I want is for you to worry about Buffy. I am sure that between Wesley and me we will be able to handle his whining, god knows we heard it enough times in the past.” Giles tells him.


“So he has Cordelia and Wesley working for him?” Willow asks.


“Apparently, must be some office with Cordelia’s lovely dove eyes she was making at Wesley all the time in Sunnydale and Wesley’s whining like a girl not to mention he did his thesis on Angelus, so he kept having trouble last year telling between Angel and Angelus.” Giles tells them.


Just then Xander walks back into Giles flat. “Cars all packed G-man all you have to do is get Buffy and Spike.” He says not even paying attention to who is in the room.


“Already done, Whelp.”

“I’ll take it the sun has set then?” Willow asks.


“About 5 minutes ago.” Xander tells her.


“Right then lets go.” Spike says getting up with Buffy in his arms and picking up his bag in the hand he has now freed after he gets her where he wants her.


Giles grabs the cooler and walks out the door after everyone is out, and locks it, the people going with Giles head to his car and the people going with Xander head to his car.


Before parting Xander says. “We’ll see everyone tomorrow” then he walks to his car with Anya.


_______________________________________________________________________________


Once they get to Giles car he unlocks it and then puts the cooler and Spikes bag in the trunk.

As Spike is getting in the car, Giles stops him. “Have you figured out how you can have the contact that is needed, but her safety as well?”

“Don’t worry Watcher, I will buckle her in and even buckle myself in, don’t want to be getting into anymore trouble if you happen to get pulled over.” Spike tells him.


“Very well,” Giles says as he climbs in the drivers’ seat, and Willow climbs in the passenger’s side, front seat. Spike gets Buffy in and belted before he get himself in. When he is ready he says “Alright Watcher, we’re ready.” with that he nestles Buffy into his side.