Author's Chapter Notes:
Drusilla was kindly written by Karyn. My thanks and appreciation go to her
Chapter 31

“See…that’s what I thought too,” Buffy told him excitedly. “But that doesn’t make sense. I was or am, whatever, supposed to ‘risk the pain for love’, but I already loved Dawnie so there was no risk in loving her. The only type of love that I was scared of was boy-girl type love. I think that’s the type of love the First Slayer was referring to. Again, not Dawnie. So, if we go with the idea that cave slayer was talking about romantic love, we can move on to the next bit. She said; ‘love will bring you to your gift’. I think she meant that by taking the risk and loving someone, I would get loved in return, by my ‘gift’.”

“And death is your gift?” William eyed the excited girl sceptically; he hadn’t reached the all important epiphany that she had.

“Yep,” she announced happily.

“And we don’t want to return your gift of death because…?” the confused vampire prompted her.

“Because I like my gift, silly.” Buffy grinned at him as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

William was having a really hard time deciphering the twists and turns of Buffy’s reasoning. He mentally went over everything that was said. This time he got it and with a smile he teased the grinning blonde. “Thought you loved your gift, pet?”

“I do, but I like it, too. You were right, you know. Back when you gave us the ‘love is blood’ speech. Angel and I were never friends, but you were also wrong in a way, too. I love you more than anything, but I like you too, William. I really, really like you.” Buffy smiled sweetly at her vampire.

~*~*~

“Got some spell books we can look at, watcher?” Spike asked calmly. The man in front of him was clearly shaken and the vampire took it upon himself to take charge. “I’ve got a fleeting memory of a new disinvite spell being done. If you show her a selection of spells that can stop someone from being a nosey bugger, your gypsy should be able to tell which spell won’t affect the one she’s already doing.”

“Excellent idea, Spike,” Giles said, relieved. “I have a number of tomes we can look through in the bookcase.”

~*~*~

Angel snuck into the factory as best he could. He still felt like he was on fire from the waist down, and his silk boxers chafed painfully against his wounded flesh.

He had been unable to find any comfort in his apartment. His mind refused to let go of his distrust of the watcher. Thinking about the problems that seemed to be surrounding him, Angel found himself wishing that he had access to a seer. Someone who could give a clue telling where to start. Someone like Drusilla.

He didn’t want to talk to her - that would only lead to bad things - but, if she was in one of her moods, she might unwittingly give him the information he required.

Angel let out his senses and found his favorite childe. Making his way as quietly as he could towards her location, he was pleased when she started speaking loudly enough for him to hear.

“Naughty children, traipsing around the stars and mucking about, making all the players turn and twist unsure of their lines,” Drusilla said, whimpering. “Daddy isn't daddy and the sweet, brave knight hides in the sun and mummy can't reach him. Her. All for her, now she has them all. There’s no room for me, no room at all. She has them both - the present and the future. Such a greedy, greedy girl. Doesn’t play fair. Doesn’t share. Daddy will be so cross when he sees the sunshine doesn’t belong to him anymore. Daddy doesn’t like to share either, you know.” She turned her head to the doll at her side.

“Dust. Dust. All that's left is dust. No, Miss Edith, it can't be fixed this time. The stars have changed...realigned. The gods wish it so.” Drusilla dropped her head back to the pillow, tired out from the small exertion. “You should be more careful who you listen to, Daddy. That's how you got in trouble in the first place. Listening to grandmum instead of your dark princess. I warned you.”

Angel eased back for the bedroom door, his mind reeling. She had given him a lot to decipher until that last little bit, but there was no way he was staying around to listen to a round of ‘I told you so’ from his insane childe. Dru might have warned him that the damn gypsies would seek revenge if he hurt their favorite daughter, but the little bitch had laughed at him when he had dropped his pants and nobody laughed at Angelus’ cock and got away with it.

Drusilla smiled as she felt her very bad daddy leave the factory and turned to her silent companion. “Remember, Miss Edith, listening at doors only leads to wickedness. Truth and lies all intertwine and no one knows which witch is which,” she cackled madly.

~*~*~

“Jenny.” Giles smiled at the beautiful computer teacher. Making sure that they couldn’t be overheard, Giles told her of the complication that Spike had pointed out to him the night before. “Spike suggested that I show you these five spells we found. He thought that if you had a selection you might be able to find one that didn’t interfere with your disinvite spell.”

“Well I’m glad somebody’s on the ball. It would have been a disaster if Angel found out before we were ready to tell him,” Jenny commented as she flicked through the spells. She pointed to one. “This one will work.”

Giles smiled eagerly, happy to note that the spell she’d picked was one of the ones he had chosen.

After making their final arrangements for the meeting at the Summers home, Jenny walked out of the library and Ripper enjoyed the show.

~*~*~

Buffy walked through the door just ahead of Willow and Xander. Glancing to the right, she noted that the dining room table had been set up as a buffet. Nodding her head in the direction of the table, she shared a giggle with Willow when the redhead noticed the vegetable sticks and assorted dips.

Moving to the left, the trio entered the living room and greeted Buffy’s mother and sister. Making themselves comfortable on the couch, the trio of teens turned their attention to the watcher

“We asked you to meet with us here for a number of reasons, but before I get into those reasons, I have a guest that I would like you to meet,” Giles told them. Turning towards the kitchen door, he waited for Wolfie to make his entrance. The shocked look on the faces of the teens made his lips twitch in amusement.

“This is Garrett Wolf. He is a representative for the Powers That Be for Good. We have recently learned that the Powers are made up of three different groups, those that act for good, for evil, and for balance. Mr. Wolf - or Wolfie as he prefers - is able to directly converse with the Powers for Good and has a particular gift for seeing things clearly. For example; your slayer dreams, Buffy. Mr Wolf can decipher them.” Pausing to check that the giant was ready for his show and tell part of the evenings activities, Giles continued after Wolfie gave him a nod. “Mr. Wolf is a Sasquatch.”

“Get outta here!” Buffy excitedly exclaimed.

In response Wolfie morphed into his original form for a few moments before morphing back.

“Great merciful Zeus!” Xander exclaimed, leaping to his feet. “He’s a Wookie!”

“Xander, sit down,” Giles ordered the exuberant youth, exasperated. “There is more.”

Giles waited until Xander was once again seated before continuing. “A little less than a week ago, I was asked for help by two highly unexpected visitors. I have not mentioned this to you because, as you will soon see, it is a situation that could cause some major problems.”

“Stop with the cryptic, Giles,” the young Slayer demanded.

“We decided to bring each of you into this for very different reasons. Willow was asked because of her exceptional intellect, Buffy because it can affect her directly, and Xander because…well, according to the Powers, Xander is our resident expert,” Giles concluded.

“I’m an expert?” Xander looked stunned and very confused.

“Yes, expert. You with the freaky knowledge of sci-fi and things no one else has outside of a Star Trek convention. You're the only one of us with the entire collection of Star Trek commemorative plates,” the senior Slayer quipped as she entered the room from the kitchen.

“It's no wonder it took you forever to get laid, Harris,” William snarked as he followed his girl. Taking up his position directly behind her, he pulled the unresisting girl back against his chest and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“That’s him! That’s the guy!” the younger Buffy hissed excitedly to Willow. Turning to face the object of her recent desires, Buffy pouted prettily as she told him shyly, “I’ve been dreaming about you.”

William couldn’t help but smile at her.

“Smile at your own bird, Tinkerbell. That one’s mine,” Spike snarled from the kitchen doorway.