Author's Chapter Notes:
A big thank you to Brooke and nightshift for beta-ing. This is written for Spuffy Haven Banner Challenge. It is loosly based on the movie Little Darlins
Tears filled Buffy’s eyes as she watched her mother’s car get smaller until it finally disappeared from her view. She had anticipated coming here for months, but now that the time had finally arrived she was terrified.

Things were still so unsettled with Riley. They had agreed to take a break over the summer. Buffy knew she should just totally write him off, but he was the only serious boyfriend she had ever known. And with her senior year approaching she was frightened if they broke up that all of her friends would be disappointed in her.

“Excuse me d-do you need some help finding your cabin?” Buffy heard a small voice behind her ask.

She turned around to see a pretty blond smiling at her. She had a clipboard in her hands and an ugly yellow t-shirt that read Staff.

“Hi! I’m Coach Tara,” the girl smiled.

“Hi I’m Buffy…Buffy Summers,” she sighed reluctantly returning Tara’s smile.

Tara looked down at her clipboard. “Great! You are in cabin three. That is the one right next to the lake.”

“Oh great, mosquitoes,” Buffy grumbled picking up her suitcase, “Thanks,” she flashed a quick smile before heading toward the lake.

“Buffy…Buffy wait up!”

Buffy turned around stunned to see Willow running toward her.

“Willow? What are you doing here?” Buffy gaped at her friend.

Willow smiled, “I didn’t have anything else to do. Everyone I know got sent here for the summer, so I asked my mom to send me. Apparently you don’t have to be a delinquent to go here.” The red head’s eyes widened realizing what she had said. “Not that you are…a delinquent that is, cause what happened so wasn’t your fault and…”

“Its ok Wills, I get what you are saying,” Buffy giggled.

Just then the two girls heard a blood curdling scream.

“Oh my God that sounds like Cordy,” Buffy yelled taking off towards the shriek.

Racing around the corner, Buffy saw Cordelia standing on top of the picnic table pointing at her bag.

“Snake!! It’s a snake! Kill it!!” Cordelia wailed.

A big hulking teen ran up with a shovel in his hand “Where? I’ll kill it.” he puffed out his chest.

“No! Not on my bag. That is a thousand dollar Prada bag!” Cordelia barked.

“Oh my goddess it’s just a lizard. A cute tiny little lizard.” Willow yelled running forward, placing herself between the boy and the small creature.

“It attacked me!” Cordelia defended.

Buffy rolled her eyes giggling. Cordelia narrowed hers in response. “Well it did!” she spat, climbing down from the table.

Willow picked up the frightened reptile and walked it down toward the lake letting it go.

Cordelia batted her eyelashes at the boy “Thank you so much for saving me. I’m Cordelia Chase.” she beamed offering her hand.

The boy took her hand smiling, “Anytime. I’m Angel O‘Conner.”

“Do you mind getting your filthy paws off of my boyfriend?”

They all turned to see a group of girls approaching them. Though it was the small blond talking, , Buffy’s eyes were focused on the taller brunette beside her.

“Faith,” Buffy murmured through clenched teeth.

“Hey B fancy meeting you here. I figured a pampered princess like you was too good for this place.” Faith winked.

“It’s your fault she is here! If you were able to keep your legs closed…Anya what are you doing hanging out with that trash?” Cordelia asked with her hand on her hips.

“Don’t get all pissy with me Cordy. It’s not my fault we are sharing a cabin.” Anya retorted.

Buffy hadn’t even noticed Anya’s presence or anyone else, except for the girl in front of her, the b bane of her existence. She couldn’t believe she would have to spend the entire summer with the one person in the world she wanted to escape.

“Who are you calling trash?” Darla asked pulling Angel to her side.

“Whoa ladies can’t we all just get along?” Angel joked nervously.

“What were you doing holding her hand?” Darla narrowed her eyes at her boyfriend.

“Hey, I was just killing a snake. I’m a…I’m going to go and find Xander.” He announced making a quick exit.

“So, I guess the nerd, pom pom girl and the princess are all sharing a cabin…how sweet.” Faith taunted.

“Shut up Faith…just leave me alone.” Buffy warned.

“I will as soon as your little lover boy stops ringing my cell off the hook.” Faith smirked.

Buffy’s eyes widened, “He isn’t calling you! You were nothing but a…a mistake, but I guess you get that a lot.”

Faith took a step forward “Oh those are awful tough words coming from a frigid little bitch like you.”

“Frigid? I’m not frigid! At least I’m not a slut like you!” Buffy spat.

“Well, I got your man didn’t I?” Faith smiled.

“No! Riley loves me. You were just…convenient.”

“Pfft…whatever Riley is a little boy. You can have him. I need a real man,” Faith sneered.

“Buffy doesn’t need you to tell her who she can and can’t have! She could get any guy she wants!” Cordelia jumped in.

Faith rolled her eyes. “Little Miss Priss wouldn’t know what to do with a real man.”

“I bet she could keep one around a lot longer than you!” Cordelia barked.

“Why don’t you put your money where your big mouth is,” Darla smiled.

“What are you suggesting?” Cordelia raised an eyebrow.

“I’m suggesting a bet. We can see once and for all who can keep a guy? How about we pick a guy and they compete over him?” Darla suggested.

“No!” Buffy yelled.

“What’s the matter B scared of a little competition?” Faith chuckled.

“No, I just don’t want any guy who would be interested in a skank like you.” Buffy smiled sweetly.

Faith took a step forward, but Darla was quick to grab her arm. “I have a better idea. We each pick a guy for the other one. Whoever gets the guy to fall for her first. Wins.”

“I’m not interested in any of the freaks at this camp.” Faith announced.

“No, you said an older guy.” Anya reminded her.

“Sure, why not, I’m game if B is?” Faith sighed.

“Are you guys serious? You want to bet money on this?” Buffy asked.

“See, I knew you were all talk. I knew you didn’t have the stones.” Faith smirked.

Buffy narrowed her eyes “Oh, I got the stones. I got a whole bunch of…stones.”

“Well, ladies I think we have a bet,” Darla announced.


*******************


“What are we even doing here?” Cordelia sighed.

Buffy looked around the large gymnasium. The scene reminded her of a high school pep rally. Except instead of the cheerleaders and football players on the floor, it was the counselors.

Most of the other kids didn’t look at all like she expected. She pictured mohawks and pink hair; instead it was a pretty normal group of kids, many of them from her own school.

Her eyes widened. “Is that Snyder?”

“Yeah I found out he is part owner of this place. That is why he pushed to get all of you here. Pretty smart business move if you ask me.” Anya gushed.

“He is a sniveling little weasel,” Willow scowled.

Buffy giggled “Willow Rosenberg! I’m surprised at you.”

Just then an attractive black man walked up to the microphone.

“Hello campers and welcome to Camp Sunflower. My name is Robin Wood. I am the Camp Director. I’m the one to come to if you ever have a problem…”

“He could solve my problems anytime.” Faith whispered to Anya.

“That’s it…he’s your guy.” Cordelia announced.

“He is kinda old.” Willow frowned.

“Duh…that’s the idea?” Darla answered sarcastically.

“It’s ok by me.” Buffy muttered.

“All right then we are half done; now we just need to find one for Buffy.” Anya smiled.

Faith rolled her eyes, “Good luck finding someone that Princess will agree to.”

“Hey!” Buffy scowled.

“Shhh ladies please listen to Mr. Wood” Ms. Calendar, the art teacher, whispered.


********************


Anya, Cordelia, and Darla wandered around the grounds trying to find a guy for Buffy.

“This is hopeless, Giles is too old, Owen is too creepy, and most of the others are too young to qualify.” Cordelia sighed.

“As much as I hate to agree with you, I think you are right.” Darla replied.

Nearing the edge of the grounds the girls saw a motorcycle approaching. “Quick; back here.” Darla directed them behind the showers.

They saw Coach Tara climb off of the back of the motorcycle handing the helmet to a man.

“Oh my God who is that?” Darla asked.

The man had a shock of blond curls, with chiseled cheek bones and full red lips. He was wearing a white t-shirt torn in all the right places, showing off his impressive biceps.

“Gah! Now there is a man who looks like he could give many, m,many orgasms.” Anya muttered.

“Shh I want to hear what they are saying.” Cordelia whispered.

“Thanks a lot Spike! I can’t believe my car just died like that.” Tara sighed.

“No problem Glinda. Couldn’t have you walkin’ all the way here in this bloody heat.” The man flashed a million dollar smile.

“Oh my God he has an accent!” Anya swooned.

“Shhh,” Cordelia snapped.

“Are you going to the Crypt tonight?” Spike asked.

“No, I have a date. We are going to the movies.” Tara smiled.

“Right then, see ya later pet. Call me if you need a ride.” Spike answered revving up the motorcycle before speeding away.

When he was out of sight the girls stepped out from behind the building.

“Hi Coach Tara, how are you today?” Cordelia plastered on a fake smile.

“Oh hi girls, I’m great?” She smiled.

“Who was that?” Anya asked looking in the direction the motorcycle had gone.

“Oh, that was Spike. He lives in that cabin across the lake.” Tara informed them.

“Really all alone? He doesn’t have a…girlfriend?” Cordelia asked innocently.

“Yes, he’s an artist, so he kind of keeps to himself.” Tara raised an eyebrow, “but don’t get any ideas, he is twenty five. That’s way too old for you girls.”

“Oh, I know I was just curious.” Cordelia smiled.

“Okay girls see you at lunch.” Tara waved walking down the path.

Darla turned to the other two girls, “Ladies, I think the bet is back on.”