Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


”I’m never moving from this spot again.” Buffy snuggled closer to Spike on the couch, and had to stifle a yawn. They had spent the last hour just like that, kissing and cuddling comfortably in each others arms. Buffy was sure she’d somehow died and ended up in heaven. Now she was starting to get tired, which wasn’t too surprising after her emotional breakdown earlier.

Spike placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head. “Sounds good to me. Might be a bit uncomfortable after a week or so, though.” He chuckled as Buffy pouted. “Look at that lip, gonna get it!”

Buffy giggled as he started nibbling on her bottom lip, then climbed up into his lap so she was straddling him, and wrapped her arms around his neck. “You do know I’ll never let you go now, don’t you?” She sighed happily as he tightened his grip around her.

“Well, I don’t plan on ever letting you go either, so that works out just nicely then.”

“Mmm. Good.” Buffy started tracing soft kisses down his neck, causing him to moan. Then she froze, and her eyes widened as she became aware of just how much he really enjoyed it.

Spike was beyond embarrassed when she blushed and climbed off his lap. “Sorry.”

“No, no, I was just… surprised. Besides, it was my fault, right?” Buffy blushed again and Spike tried to hide his amusement.

Then he became serious. “Buffy, don’t take this the wrong way…”

Buffy raised her hand to stop him. “You know that nothing good ever comes out of it when you start a sentence with that, right?” He gave her a confused look, and she waved her hand in dismiss. “Sorry, go on.”

“Right. Um…” Spike hesitated, not sure of how to go on. “Thing is, I love you, and I guess it’s pretty obvious that I want you. But I’m not ready for us to… you know.” He was angry with himself for being embarrassed. He’d never been shy, talking about sex before. But somehow, Buffy made him feel like a virgin again, which was a scary, not to mention disturbing thought.

“Huh. I thought that was supposed to be my line.” Buffy raised her eyebrows, and again Spike felt like a real nancy-boy.

“It’s just… Drusilla and I…”

Buffy interrupted him before he could finish that sentence, not that he’d had any idea how to finish it, anyway. “Whoa! Don’t even think about going there, mister! I’m so not interested in any details.”

Spike opened his mouth to object, but she went on. “Besides, I’m just teasing you. I’m not ready for us to… you know, either.” Then she rolled her eyes. “Having sex, that is. My mother used to tell me that if you were doing it, you should be able to say it.”

He smiled at that. “I agree. Smart lady, your mum was. But just so you know, I wasn’t going to give you any soddin’ details. I was just going to say that my relationship with Dru was…” He hesitated again before finishing; “…kinda complicated.”

Buffy looked a little surprised, and waited for him to go on. He didn’t. “Okay, wanna tell me about it?”

Spike didn’t look her in the eyes as he shook his head, firmly. “Not really.”

She was obviously disappointed, but wasn’t going to push the matter. After a moment, Buffy spoke again. “Tell me what she was like?”

He sighed, suddenly finding himself in a position he definitely didn’t want to be in, at least not now. He couldn’t deny the fact that he’d have to tell Buffy everything about Drusilla, sooner or later, but now was not the time. “I will, pet, but not now.” He paused for a second. “Let’s go out for dinner. On me.”

Buffy stared at him in bewilderment. “What?”

“Come on, luv, you’ve got to be starving. You hardly had anything for lunch, I know, I was there, remember? Let’s just get out of here.” Spike gave her a hopeful smile, and Buffy sighed.

She wasn’t stupid, she knew that he was just trying to make her drop the subject about Drusilla. In a way she couldn’t blame him for not wanting to talk about it, but at the same time she really wished that he would. But for once she decided to let it go, for now, that was. “Okay, fine, have it your way. But I don’t feel like going anywhere now, besides I’m really not that hungry…” Buffy stopped, and frowned. “Are you pouting?”

Spike snorted. “Hell, no!” Then he gave her a sexy grin. “But if it’s working…”

“It’s not.”

He shrugged. “Can’t blame a man for trying.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Don’t you have to work tonight, anyway?” She smiled as Spike pulled her back into his arms, nuzzling her neck.

“No, s’my night off. What do you say, luv, wanna sleep for a while? You look exhausted, and I’m a bit knackered myself. Been a long day an’ all.”

She gave him a teasing smile. “Well, if you’re so tired, maybe I should just go home. I could be up all…” A huge yawn stopped her from finishing, which caused Spike to chuckle and raise his eyebrows. “Okay, so maybe I’m just a little bit tired.”

“You don’t say?” Spike smiled, shaking his head in amusement. Then he shifted so he was half lying down on the couch, pulling her with him. “Just rest for a while, luv, I just wanna hold you. Besides, you don’t really wanna leave now, do you?”

He tried to sound casual, but the uncertain note in his voice was obvious to her. “No, I don’t. But I shouldn’t stay here all night, it’s too soon for that.” He nodded in agreement. “Okay, but I’ll just stay for a little while.” She yawned again. “Boy, I really am tired. Resting for a while actually sounds like a good idea.” Buffy curled up next to him on the couch, immediately relaxing. “Mmm. This is nice.” She laid her head down to rest on his shoulder.

“Yeah, very nice,” Spike mumbled in response, as he started stroking her back, gently. Words couldn’t describe how wonderful it felt to finally have Buffy in his arms. He wouldn’t fool himself into thinking that everything would go just as smooth from now on, they still had a lot of talking to do, but for now he didn’t care. All that mattered right now was that she was here, in his arms, and that she loved him. That thought brought a happy smile on his face, as he placed a soft kiss on her lips, and finally let sleep claim him.


TBC