Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The car was going fast, way too fast, and yet he didn’t slow down. Wait, he was driving? That’s not how it happened, this was all wrong. He looked over at Drusilla, who was sitting next to him in the passenger seat, watching him with interest. ‘This is not what happened, Dru.’

She just laughed, and turned her attention to the road. ‘Not long now, my sweet William. You know how it ends. Only this time, you’re not leaving this car.’

He tried to hit the brake, but nothing happened. Then he tried to pull over to the side of the road, but he couldn’t steer, the wheel wouldn’t turn. She was watching him again, smiling at his efforts to keep the car under control as the speed kept accelerating. This was just another dream, right? He remembered what happened the night of the accident, and this wasn’t it. Any time now he’d wake up, and…

‘Spike, slow down, you’re going too fast. Stop the car, I wanna get out!’

He froze, and turned around to see Buffy sitting in the back seat. She didn’t look pleased. What was she doing here? Suddenly, he felt like he had trouble breathing. Which was strange, since this was only a dream. It was a dream, wasn’t it? It had to be. He swallowed. ‘Buffy, what are you doing here?’

Buffy glared at him. ‘You’re the one who brought me here, I didn’t wanna come in the first place. Now, stop the car!’

Once again, he tried to hit the brake, without any luck. His hands were shaking now. ‘I can’t! Something’s wrong with the car, I can’t slow down!’ Drusilla laughed again, but now she was sitting in the back seat, next to Buffy. He glared at her. ‘You’re doing this.’

Drusilla didn’t answer. Instead she turned to Buffy. ‘I sometimes wonder what would happen if all the stars would fall down at the same time.’

Buffy nodded. ‘I know exactly what you mean.’

Spike stared at them. ‘What the bloody hell are you on about?’ Both girls were smiling now, but none of them said anything. ‘Dru, stop the car.’ Suddenly Dru was sitting in the front again. She cocked her head and looked at him, eyes cold. ‘Do you want to die, William?’

‘Don’t call me that! You know I…’

Buffy leaned over between the seats. ‘Don’t yell at her. It’s not her fault.’

‘What are you talking about?’

Drusilla was laughing again, madly.

‘You know what I’m talking about. You killed her, and now you’re gonna kill me.’

A sob escaped his throat. ‘I didn’t kill anyone! It wasn’t my fault!’

‘Do you want to die, William?’ Dru repeated in a sing-song voice.

‘Shut up!’

She just kept laughing. Then she suddenly stopped, and looked at him through tear-filled eyes. ‘I’m sorry, Spike, I was bad. You have to punish me.’

‘No!’

Buffy sighed in the back seat. ‘Do it.’

Spike turned around, staring at her in shock. ‘What?’

Rolling her eyes, Buffy sighed again. ‘You have to kill her, you know that. That’s what happens.’

He turned back to Drusilla. ‘I don’t wanna hurt you.’ Now she looked angry. ‘Dru, I have to stop the car.’ Then he realized that he was sitting in the passenger seat. He looked for Buffy in the back, but she was gone.

Instead, Angel was sitting where Buffy had been. He raised his hand and gave Spike a mocking smile. ‘Hey, Willie! You’re here to watch the show?’

Drusilla was watching the road in front of them, like hypnotized. She was smiling, at something he couldn’t see. ‘Do it, Spike. Punish me.’

He shook his head. ‘No.’ Her smile disappeared, and she let out a whimper. Suddenly he was the one driving again, and Drusilla and Angel were in the back, kissing. They were both naked.

‘I told you to do it.’ Drusilla was once again sitting next to him, a sad expression on her face. That’s when he snapped, and hit her. The first blow hit her in the face, the next on her neck. He kept hitting her, until he realized that she wasn’t moving. Gasping in shock, he tried to pull away from her, only to realize that he once again was sitting in the passenger seat.

‘It’s time now.’ Drusilla sounded both excited and a little sad as she let go of the steering wheel.

Spike looked down at Buffy’s bleeding face, her body now lying limp in his arms. ‘Oh God, what have I…’ He looked up. The cliff seemed to had appeared from nowhere, and he could hear Drusilla laughing next to him.

Then Buffy shifted in his arms. ‘Spike, wake up!” Her voice was the last thing he heard before the car crashed into the cliff, and everything went black.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~


“Spike, wake up!” Buffy hadn’t meant to fall asleep, but she’d been so tired, and lying on the couch in Spike’s arms had been so comfy. She’d been deep asleep, at first she hadn’t reacted when Spike had shifted in his sleep and started mumbling, but when he’d started trashing so much that she’d almost fallen off the couch, she woke up with a start. “Spike!”

His eyes snapped open, and he sat up immediately, looking around the room in panic. “Buffy!?”

Her heart was beating fast, as she gently put her hand on his arm. “I’m right here. You were dreaming.” She’d been startled, but now she was more worried about him. “Spike, are you okay?” He pulled her into his arms and hugged her, so hard that she could hardly breathe. She hugged him back, but he was starting to scare her. “Spike?”

He let go of her and took a couple of shaky breaths. “I’m fine.” Buffy gave him a doubtful look. “Really. Sorry, didn’t mean to wake you up.”

Buffy rolled her eyes, but still looked worried. “Spike, you’re not fine. You’re shaking, that had to be some dream. What happened?” He suddenly seemed to be lost in his thoughts, or, more likely, still haunted by the nightmare. She put her hand on his shoulder and shook him gently. “Spike?”

He seemed to snap out of it, and tried to give her an assuring smile, although it came out more like a grimace. “Sorry.”

She sighed, and let her hand run up and down his arm. “Will you stop saying that? Talk to me. What happened?”


TBC