Author's Chapter Notes:
WARNING! In case you didn't notice, I've added a few warnings to the story, for this chapter. There are certain things involved that some of you might find disturbing, but it's necessary for the story, it explains some of Spike's feelings towards Dru. I don't wanna reveal too much, but I thought I should warn you. Though, I promise less angst in the next chapter.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


There should have been screaming, he thought, people were always screaming in movies when they witnessed a horrible accident, but the night was silent, except for the crackling sound from the fire. Even the firemen, who were still trying to put out the fire so they could pull out the body, worked in complete silence. He knew then that he was dreaming, because he remembered how people, complete strangers, had been screaming and crying around him and he’d just wanted to tell them to shut up. The large burning item, that had once been a car, was now almost completely destroyed.

He remembered how he’d cut his hands and knees on the broken glass when he’d crawled out of the burning car, but when he now looked at his hands, there was no blood. Another thing he remembered from the first time around was the throbbing pain in his head from where he’d hit the windscreen. He didn’t feel that now, either. He watched how the firemen finally managed to get into the burnt out wreck of the car, knowing that this time they wouldn’t find a body. Because this time, there was no one in the car.

Drusilla stepped closer, a thoughtful expression on her flawless face. ‘Do you think she can still see the stars in there?’

‘You’re not in there, Dru.’

She raised her hand so she could see her palm. ‘I can feel the flames. It burns.’

He closed his eyes then, trying to block her out. But he could still see her. ‘You can’t feel anything. You’re dead, Dru.’

She laughed. ‘Yes, I am. Do you miss me?’ When he didn’t answer, her smile disappeared and she pouted, letting out a small whimper. ‘Is that why you didn’t want to save me? Because you are still mad at me?’

He shook his head in denial. ‘I did try to save you. I tried to get you out of the car with me, but I couldn’t, it was too hot.’

‘You didn’t try hard enough. I know a part of you is happy that I died.’

‘No. I never wanted this to happen. I just wanted you to be…’

‘Gone?’ Drusilla laughed again. ‘I am gone now, sweet William. Just like you wanted.’

The surroundings shifted, and he found himself standing in his bedroom. A man and a woman were lying in the bed. He swallowed, and took a step closer. ‘Dru?’

Drusilla sat up, smiling softly. The other man had a smug look on his face. ‘Willie! You’re here to watch the show?’

Spike felt anger welling up inside him, remembering this all too well. He turned around to glare at Drusilla who’d appeared behind him. ‘You said it wouldn’t happen again.’

She sighed and lowered her head. ‘My Angel. He used to take such good care of me. I miss him.’

‘I took care of you. You shouldn’t have gone to him.’

Drusilla raised her head, looking him right in the eyes.. ‘I’m sorry, Spike. I was bad. I deserve to get punished.’

He shook his head. ‘No.’

She smiled then, a wicked smile that made his skin crawl. ‘Yes. You know you want it.’

Suddenly they were the ones who were in the bed, Angel and the other Drusilla were nowhere to be seen. They were both naked. He was sitting up, looking down at her smiling face. He noticed that she had a split lip, and she was licking the blood away. Tensing up, he gave her a pleading look. ‘It wasn’t me who did that.’

She giggled. ‘You like it when I bleed. Makes you hot. Don’t you feel it?’

Taking a shaky breath, he shook his head again. ‘I don’t wanna hurt you. Don’t make me hurt you.’

‘But you do want to hurt me. I want you to hurt me. See how hard you are. Get inside me, William.’

Throwing himself on top of her with a strangled cry, he slammed his cock into her over and over again. She was so tight around him, causing him to moan with pleasure. When he was just about to come, she pushed him away. ‘Do it!’

He knew it would be coming to this. And yet he hadn’t objected. But it was okay. After all, this wasn’t reality anymore, it was just a dream. Right? Suddenly he wasn’t sure, and what was even more frightening; he didn’t care. ‘No, I’m not doing this.’

There was nothing playful about Drusilla now, her face twisting into an angry grimace. ‘Do it! I know you enjoy it as much as I do. You like to hurt me when you fuck me, do it!’ He tried to pull away, but she grabbed his arms to stop him. An evil grin appeared on her face. ‘My Angel didn’t mind doing it. Maybe I should just…’

He hit her then, causing her to gasp for air. Then he froze, realizing what he’d just done. ‘God, no…’ She just laughed. Still in a state of shock, he didn’t object when she pulled him back down on top of her. He slid inside her again, thrusting his still painfully hard cock into her, harder and harder until they both came with a roar.

When he could move again, he pulled away from her. His hands were shaking when he fumbled over the bed to find his clothes, only to realize that they weren’t there. Just a dream, it’s okay, he reminded himself. He turned his eyes back to Drusilla, who was still lying in the same position on the bed. Only, now her eyes were glossy and empty. Horrible large burn marks had appeared on her cold flesh.

With a horrified gasp, he scrambled away from the bed. Shaking his head in denial, he started backing away until he was standing up against the wall. He slid down to the floor, closing his eyes so he wouldn’t have to look at the dead body. A choked sob escaped from his throat. ‘I didn’t do this. I didn’t kill you!’

Drusilla knelt beside him, running her cold fingers over his cheek. ‘But you did, my sweet William. You left me to burn in that car. I would still be alive if it hadn’t been for you.’

‘No!’ He was sobbing now, tears streaming down his face. ‘I didn’t mean for you to die, I’m sorry! Drusilla, I’m so sorry!’



Spike woke up with a cry, gasping for air. His heart was pounding painfully hard in his chest. It took a moment before he realized that he was in his bed, that it had just been a dream. Or maybe ‘nightmare’ was more accurate. It was the first time he’d dreamed about the accident, he should’ve known that it would come back to haunt him sooner or later. He wiped at his face, trying to calm down and get his emotions under control. After a couple of minutes, he’d managed to relax a little, and got up, quickly pulling his clothes on.

He was heading for the kitchen, when there was a knock on the door, causing him to jump. He groaned, wanting nothing more than to just ignore it. The knocking started again, and he sighed. Whoever it was, it was obvious that they wouldn’t just give up and leave. He walked up to the front door and opened it.

“Look, this is really not a good…” He stopped when he saw who it was. The last person he’d expected to show up, the last person he’d wanted to show up, was now standing just outside his door. And here he’d thought that this morning couldn’t possibly get any worse.


TBC