Author's Chapter Notes:
I always hated how Spike graveled for Buffy and she just beat him down, repeatedly. This is my chance to give him what I beleive he deserves, a chance at love without losing his sense of self in the process. Plus, I always wonder how he would of turned out if instead of turtured when turned, if he was actualy shown some sorta love? Just a thought.
Eight years later…….

Buffy slowly made her way through the graveyard. Tonight was feeding night. She could survive four to five days in between feedings, longer if needed. She sat down beside a fresh grave. This one would be rising soon. She could feel him rising up, just a few more minutes and it would be free of the dirt. Suddenly a hand shot through the dirt and Buffy grabbed it and pulled up. The vampire roared and lunged for her neck focusing on the pulse point. Silver eyes flashed and in less than a second she had turned the demon around and plunged her own fangs into his neck. In one minute he was drained. Dropping the husk of the vampire, Buffy took a moment to force her on demon back down. Once she was in complete control again, she quickly dispatched the vampire with a stake through the heart.

She loved feeding nights. For one, Giles keep Angel in and away from her with some pretense of needing his ‘expertise’. Angel never could watch her feed; it reminded him to much of his vampire family, one that he had been banished from. On these nights, she could be free.

Buffy came upon a group of vampires, there was maybe ten, or fifteen. “Look what we got here boys, a sweet little girl alone at night. Don’t you know it is not safe? There are things that go bump in the night.” The vampires circled around Buffy. She couldn’t resist saying “Yea, me!” before tearing into them. High on blood and enjoying the rare encounter of not only having to hold back, but also having an actual challenge, she dropped the stake. Moving fast, she rained blows and kicks down on the unsuspecting vampires. Taking the time to enjoy the fight, she was able to draw it out to about thirty minutes before the last one ended in a pile of dust.

Oh yeah, she really loved feeding nights. As she wondered around town, killing a vamp here and there, she let her mind wonder over the last eight years. To the night that Angel found her.


She knew immediately the moment her father turned to dust. Their sire/childe bond was severed. Buffy fell to the living room floor. Her grief was heart rending. The eight year old child willed herself to stand. Her one thought was to get to Giles, he could protect her. In a daze she let herself out the door.

She had barely made it outside of the door when they found her. Slowly her face rose to look at the vampire in front of her. Before her grief stricken mind could even process the danger, they were fighting someone. She stood there wondering who would be stupid enough to fight a group of vamps. Then they were gone, and all that was left was her and the dark knight.

“You killed them?”

“Yes, your safe now.”

“But you killed them and you’re still alive?”

“Yes, well, I am stronger than I look. Are you Buffy?” She nodded her head yes, still trying to process a thought. “Buffy, child, we need to get you to safety, please come with me?”

“Giles.”

“What?”

“Giles, he can protect us. I have to get there. My daddy is dead.” Then she fainted.


Buffy was brought out of her trip down memory lane at the sight of the basher demon. His 6’6” towered over her 5’2” frame. She ran her eyes over his teal skin and focused for a second on the club like limbs.

“Lamia Edo, tonight, you die!”

“That line is so not scary. Now, if you said something like, ohh, I don’t know, ‘I’m going to tear you limb from limb,’ or ‘I’m going to ripe your head off and drink from you neck’ then that would at least be new.” Buffy took off and landed a blow that sent him back twenty feet. Walking up to him as if she did not have a care in the world, she continued talking.

“Or here is a good one, ‘tonight is your last dance’, wait a minute, I like that one.” She looked down at the demon.

“Hey ugly, tonight is your last dance.” She then bent down and twisted his head off. Feeling the adrenalin rush wearing off, Buffy decided to head home.

“I so need better dance partners.”



Buffy came to a stand still outside of Giles’ home. Inside were two of the most important beings of her life. After that night, Angel has become her father, in more ways than one. To the human world, Angel adopted her after her parents, his ‘brother and sister-in-law’, were killed in a car wreck when she was a baby. To the demon world, Angel found the baby abandoned and decided that he was lonely, and wanted a family again. Then again, some of the demons think of her only as Angel’s beloved pet. But she knows the truth; it is all mostly lies to protect her from the Master and her father’s sire.

She does look upon Angel as her father, not that she has forgotten her real father. After playing the role for so long, thou, the feelings came. She has never called him father, or dad, or even daddy, but the feelings are there.

And then there was Giles, also known as the Ripper. A friend of her father’s before he was turned. Hank never contacted him, but he had drilled Buffy on the Ripper’s information from the time she could talk. The Ripper would protect his daughter, of that he was sure, and was correct. When Buffy and Angel finally convinced Giles that they were telling the truth, he packed up and moved them to Florida, then Canada, then Texas, and so many different places that Buffy has forgotten most of them. He stopped using the name Ripper, and went back to Rupert Giles, and soon filling the role of grandfather with Buffy. Sighing, Buffy went inside. Immediately, she wished she had not.

“Angel, I think it is time. We need to start planning on how to take out the Master.” Buffy froze. Surely she did not just hear what she thought Giles had said.

~*~

Some where in China………….

A woman sat straight up in her bed. She tilted her head to the side and listened to voices that only she could hear.

“It is time, Daddy need us. Sunshine will soon outshine the moon and our family will be whole. Soon we shall dance and sing, and blood shall cover us, and we will no longer flee from the sun. It is time.”

“Daddy does not need us, he left.”

“Nonononononono!” She wailed and started pulling at her hair. “Daddy calls, he calls. He is finally ready for tea and cakes. Come now! We go now!! Daddy and the sunshine wait. Now! Now! Now!”

“Shhh, we’ll go darling, calm down. I promise we’ll go find Daddy.”

Gently she raised a hand to her companion’s cheek. “You make Mummy so proud, and soon you will be proud of Mummy also. Just wait, my William, soon you will be with the light just like I saw when I first saw you. We are about to meet our destiny. The pixies have shown me such wonderful things and I have been faithful. I have groomed you for the dance, and my reward shall be Daddy, and my family. I have leaded you down the road toward the party from the being to save you such heart ache. You are going to be so proud of Mummy, just wait and see. Just wait and see.” Then she drifted of to sleep.


Spike gently picked up Drusilla and carried her to the bed. His heart ached as he bent down and tenderly kissed her forehead. His poor Dru. Sighing, he stood to go pack. Calling to the others, he let them know that Dru had another vision and it was time to go.