Author's Chapter Notes:
Just so you know, Lamia Edo is latin for Vampire Devourer.
Chapter Four


Buffy sat in the Sunnydale High library thanking about the past two months. When she first started school, she had been horribly shy. She was unsure about how to act since she had never been around this many humans before much less any one her own age. Apparently shyness was uncool.


She had made a new friend though, when she saved her from a vamp. Willow was shy also, but she and Buffy seemed to click that night. Xander, Willow’s best friend since grade school, she was not sure about, but he was Willow’s best friend so she put up with him for Willow. She did not want to alienate her first and only friend.


The down side to saving them was now they looked upon her as some sort of hero. The next night they had shown up at her door to help ‘save the innocence from the evil vampire masses’. To say the least, Angel and Giles were NOT happy. The only way she was able to convince them not to withdraw her from school was that Willow and Xander had no idea that she was not human. They just believed that she was well trained in martial arts. That lasted all of three days, and then they found at that she was stronger than a normal human girl. Thank God for Giles. He came up with some story about something called a slayer. They fell for it hook, line and sinker.


Another down side was that because of them, it was harder to feed. Her need for vampire blood was increasing and her need for human food decreasing. Giles said that he believed that the reason for that was she was drawing upon her demon attributes more, plus, and this was just a guess, she had reached an age in which human girls growth slows down, decreasing her need for that type of nourishment, and maybe also causing her increase need of blood. With the Scooby gang, as Xander called him and Willow, hanging around, she was only able to get drinks here and there when they were not looking. It had been two long months since she had drank her fill or been able to totally relax and let herself go unchecked. It left her antsy and on edge. She would have to do something soon.


“Giles!! We need to talk.” Buffy yelled out as she entered the Magic Box, a store that Giles had bought a couple of weeks after they arrived in Sunnydale.


Giles looked up from the inventory ledger that he was going through and gazed at Buffy.


“And how may I help you today, dear one?” He asked while raising an eyebrow.


“I need a reason for Willow and Xander not to come tonight. I need to feed. I need to let loose. I have been holding back and it’s about to drive me crazy!” Buffy plopped down at the reach table. They have been trying for around eight years to find out what she was and only been able to come up with that she was not human. Buffy raised her eyes to Giles and pouted, “Pleassse Giles, I need your help.”


Giles signed and set down beside her. “Well, I did notice what appeared to be a Gortanine demon over in Reed Cemetery last night. Real nasty buggers if I do say so myself. And since I am your ‘watcher’” and with that Giles shuddered,” I have found it necessary for you not have the children with you when you take it out. They would only distract you. How does that sound?”


“Oh Giles you’re the best! They will be here soon. Will you tell them soon? I am so excited. A night of hunting and fighting with out worrying, you’re the best!” And with that Buffy practly skipped to the training room they had set up in the back.


She began stretching thinking of the upcoming night with giddiness. Just the thought of having more than a mouth full at a time had her mouth watering. Going through the routine work plan, Buffy let her mind wonder. So lost in her thoughts, she never felt the other presence enter the room.


“So you’re the being that would not let me leave town.” Buffy instantly faced the vampire. She was beautiful. Even dead her skin held a sun kissed look. Jet black hair flowed around her face. She wore a long ruby red silk skirt, and a sky blue silk peasant blouse. Her feet were bear.


“You are just a child but yet you hold such power. Are you sure that you are ready to face your destiny child? Are you ready to know what you truly are?”


“I think the question should be what right do you have to question me?" Buffy contered.


Suddenly Giles burst through the door with his face planted in the middle of a book. “Buffy, when you fi…..” His voice trailing off as he noticed that she was not alone. Then he felt it, the magic was pouring off of the female. He lifted his hand to entrap the witch before him but before the first word was finished, he was lifted into the air and held against the wall, unable to move or speak, with just a twirl and twist of her hand. His eyes grew wide, or they would have, as the two supernatural beings continued their talk, one angered, and other, submissive? Something was not right here. Using a mind link that he had setup years ago, Giles called for Angel. Maybe he could help because right now, he was helpless.


Giles tried to understand what was being said, but all that keep going through his mind was Buffy had not been telling them everything. Suddenly the door banged open once again. Angel stood in shock at the vampire before him.


“Hello Angelus, how has the soul been treating you?” Jenny smirked at the stunned Angel.


“Oh dear God, she actually turned a gypsy!!”





A/N- I will also be loading three chapters from another story that I am writing. Once that is done, I will post here like I do for the other website that I am posting on. Three chapters of one story, then three chapters of the other story (although not three chapters at once). Right now I am working on chapter five of Lamia Edo.
I hope that you all continue to read and enjoy what I wrote.