Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you enjoy!!! And thank you for your reveiws!!!!!!!!
Chapter Five


“You harm one hair on his head and your dust.” Buffy felt her fangs grow in anger.

Jenny slightly bowed her head. “I only stopped him so we could talk. So, you’re the one gathering the army.”

“I am not gathering an army. No army gathering going on. What are you talking about?” Buffy tilted her head in confusion.

“What do you think the vampires that you let live have been doing?” Jenny asked.

“I do not know what you are talking about!” Buffy exclaimed.

“Surely you have not forgotten about the ten vampires that you have claimed over the past two years?” Jenny eyes widened in surprised.

“Hey! There has been no claiming.”

“Ah, but there have been, and they have been busy creatures, very busy creatures. As we speak right now, they are moving towards the hellmouth gathering demons along the way. They are answering your call. And they are ready to fight to the death for their Queen.”

“Listen lady, I don’t know were you are getting your information, but there has been no calling, I should know, since you claim I am the one doing it. I am not building an army or claiming vampires or anything else you seem to believe I’ve done. I have just been living here with my family, one of which you have suspended up against a wall, and going to school. You have the wrong person.”

“Are you not the vampire devourer?”

“Some have called me that,” Buffy answered.

“Then I have the right demon.”

“Why are you here?” Buffy asked, suddenly tired of the conversation.

Once again Jenny bowed her head, this time bringing her arms, wrists up, in front of her.

“Because, Your Highness, I have come to aid in the up coming battle. I offer my services to help you protect you and yours. I offer my knowledge to help guide you in the war between humans, demons, good, and evil. I offer my body to guard the being that will bring in a new era.”

Buffy stood there contemplating what the vampire before her had said. If what she said was true, then the dreams that have plaguing her for the past ten months were going to come true. She also wondered how this vampire knew about the ten she had let go. She was wrong about the claiming; well she was almost certain that she was wrong.

Buffy pulled forth her game face; there was one way to find out if she was telling the truth. After years of feeding off vampires, Buffy knew that by tasting their blood, she could sort tell what their intents were. That was why she had let those ten go. They were good people before they were turned and they were determined not to let their new status change that.

Buffy walked slowly to Jenny, stopping two feet away. She grabbed an arm and raised it to her mouth. Keeping her eyes on the other’s face, she bit the wrist.

Honesty, power, and magic; she could taste all three in the vampire’s blood. Then it hit, wave after way wave of visions, fighting with the smearing of blood. They were all the same, yet different. They passed too quickly on most for her to remember details. The ones that lingered long enough for her to pick up any details showed her fighting with a warrior with whitish hair with a black duster. She wasn’t able to see any facial features, just her and him clearing out any and all that stood before them.

Buffy focused her eyes and looked into the eyes of the woman before her.

“I offer to you as those before you; follow my rules, my orders, and help me if I call upon you and I will protect you the same as my family.”

“I am yours.” Jenny answered bowing her head. Then for the second time since this talk began, the door to the training room burst open. Buffy and Jenny both snapped their heads toward the intruder. When they saw who it was, Buffy sighed in relief, she was so not in the mood to fight right now, and Jenny just smirked.

“Hello Angelus, how has the soul been treating you?”

Angel stared at the vampire before him; he could feel the family bond coming off of her. It took a second to place, having never come in contact with any of Darla’s childer. As a matter of fact, to the best of his knowledge, he was the only one. Then he felt the magic rolling in waves off of her, the same kind of magic he felt once before, about a century ago.

“Oh dear God, she actually turned a gypsy!!”

“Yes, I know, she doesn’t seem too bright,” Jenny snarked. Buffy raised an eyebrow and asked, “Do you know each other?”

“Not personally,” Jenny replied, “but it was my clan that cursed Angelus here with the soul.”

“And now it seems we now have the same sire,” Angel added. Buffy closed her eyes focused on her sense of smell. It took a minute of deep concentration, but she finally found it. That smell, one she over looked after smelling it all her life. The smell was slightly different though, a heavier, older smell clung to it. After mentally kicking herself for over looking it earlier, Buffy filed the scents away to use and ponder later.

“That is all peachy keen, really, but you still have explaining to do.” Buffy pointed towards the female vampire. “First let Giles go, then tell me your name, and then, explain how you seem to know all this stuff that you were talking about before. Plainly. With none of the cryptic-y-ness that you seem to prefer.”


~*~


Some where in the jungles of Africa, Spike trudged behind Dru carrying a large heavy trunk. Needless to say he was not happy. For the past three months, he and his crew have followed her to various countries to purchase any array of different items. At first he thought they were for her when she saw Angelus again, but then he started to notice that these where not the type of things that she liked or could wear. First it was the silks, in gold, silver and greens. Then it was the leathers. These were not her usually color choices and he has never seen her wear leather in all the years since he has been turned. His second clue was when he saw the finished garments, they were too small. Hearing Dru start to mumble to herself brought Spike out of his musing.

“Such a bad mum I’ll be. Don’t want that. Missed the first fifteen, can’t miss the sixteenth. Must be a good mum. Must hurry or we will miss the games. My William will be sore if he misses the games. Will be all grrr. Sunshine will love all the presents. Will help her and William win the game. They will become the prince and princess of the ball. My happy family. Such a bad mum I’ll be, don’t want that, can’t be late…..:

On and on Drusilla went repeating those phrases over and over again, in some form or other. He knew by now that these were for ‘sunshine’, whoever she might be. The swords, and knives, and leather clothing that had a finely worked chain mail sewn in between, lead him to believe that she was a warrior. The silk dresses, jewelry, purses, make-up made him doubt. The plush animals, porcelain dolls, complete with changes of clothes, and doll furniture, made him think that maybe this time he was completely off when trying to understand Dru’s ramblings.