Chapter Six


Setting around the table, Jenny began her tale.

“My name is Janna, but I go by Jenny. I was born into the tribe that placed the curse upon Angelus here.”

“Angel,” Angel interrupted.

“What?” Jenny asked confused.

“Angel, my name is Angel, I’m not the monster Angelus, that’s the demon,” he answered. Jenny giggled. They looked at her surprised. Then she giggled again.

“I don’t see what’s so funny!” Angel growled. This caused Jenny to explode into full blown laughter.

“You’re what’s funny! How long have you been claiming that crap Angelus?” Jenny asked once her laughter died down.

“What do you mean crap! It’s the truth! I am no longer Angelus, I have a soul! The demon is not apart of whom I am!” Angel exploded.

“You seriously believe that?” Jenny asked in shock. Buffy head bounced back and forth between the two, her curiosity peeked. This was a subject that Angel refused to discuss with her, along with why he had his soul, and what he was like before. Apparently, she was about to find all this out, and maybe more. Giles was also curious, like Buffy, Angel refused to discuss how he got the soul, only telling him that he was cursed for the death of a gypsy girl. But he had one up on Buffy, he knew about Angelus’ past. He knew what the vampire was like before the curse.

Jenny starred at Angel looking as if she was trying to read the very soul that her ancestors had forced upon him. Surely, he wasn’t serious. No, he was. Some how, he had decided that the soul was in charge, that the demon was caged. Well this was no good. The child was going to need all the help she could get before and after the war started, and having a delusional fool of a vampire for a father would only hinder her. She only hoped that this has not already hindered the poor girl, for if it had, then it was going to get a lot worse way before it could even begin to get better. Maybe her vampire status was actually a blessing With her having her own ‘demon’, maybe Jenny’s words would caring more weight. Taking a deep breath, Jenny decided that first thing first: set Angelus straight about the curse; then if needed, explain what really happened when a person was turned.

“Angelus, Gitana’s soul is not in control. She never has been, she never will be. That would defeat the purpose of the curse. And if the curse is ever lifted, then you would be just like you were, if not worse, before you were cursed.”

“Why not just curse him with his own soul?” Giles asked.

“You can not curse someone with something they already have.” Jenny answered simply.

“What about his human soul?” Buffy asked this time, her confusion evident as her nose softly crunched up. “I mean couldn’t you, or they, just use the soul he possessed before he was turned?”

Jenny looked at Buffy, and then looked at Giles, and then Angelus, who had gone even paler if that was possible. Maybe they would be able to figure this out on there own since it looked like Angelus never took the time to explain vampires.

“You can not curse someone with something they already have.” Jenny’s simple answer was once again repeated. She hoped that Angelus would be prompted to explain her answer. Maybe it would be more believable if it came from him.

“NO!!! You lie, that is not the truth.” Angel exploded, his hand closing around her throat, lifting her up, before anyone was able to blink. “I am NOT Angelus, I am ANGEL, I have MY soul, I AM NOT THE DEMON!”

‘Okay, maybe not’ Jenny thought as her fangs and bumpies came forth to ease the pain, claws desperately trying to loosen his grip before he crushed her throat, her toes barely brushing the floor. Like this she was helpless. Her strength was her magic but the panic she was feeling along with the urge to submit to a family elder had her forgetting that at the moment. And even though she now had supernatural strength, she was nowhere as strong as Angelus, nor did she know how to fight physically.

“Darla sent you here didn’t she lass, well I will not fall for her tricks.” Anger began to fill Jenny as she realized the dept of which Angelus had deluded his self. When she began to think of the possible damage that his cowardly way of dealing with the guilt of what he had done could be, her anger turned to rage. Lowering her hands, she pried his hands from around her throat and propelled him away, all without touching him.

“Angelus, you are a coward and a fool. You have been given a second chance at life, or, I should say third. But, instead of admitting what you done wrong, as both a human and a vampire, and try to change your ways, you squander away nearly a century in pity, then the last decade, apparently, in lies. You can not threaten or intimidate me from stating the truth.” Jenny tilted her head ever so slightly to the left of Angelus and paused as if listening to someone. Her eyes grew, they other three could feel the anger and rage rolling off of her. “But…..” Jenny bowed her head for a moment. “Well Angelus, it seems that your soul is pleaded for compassion. I have agreed to listen to your story before losing my temper. So tell me your story. What happened...?” Jenny looked beside him again, then looked back, “about years ago that has Gitana thinking you are not a lost cause, just misguide?” Jenny made a small gesture and Angelus float up and over to the chair that he had been sitting in to begin with, finding himself unable to move, only talk. Buffy and Giles both had shocked clearly written across their faces. From Angel’s out burst to him sitting back in his set, two minutes had maybe past. Buffy realized that today way going to be very big on the discovery side.




A/N- Well I hope you enjoy!!! I am going to work on ALWWF now!