Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey ya'll, I know I am leaving everyone with somewhat of a cliff hanger but please stick with me, I promise that I won't leave them hanging like this forever.

Hey, I've been debating whether or not to keep this in present tense, this chapter is primarily in past. Please let me know if it is easier to read.

All reviews are greatly appreciated!
The kiss gradually escalated along with the rising pulse of the amulet and soon Buffy found herself throwing Spike onto the bed beneath her. Straddling his hips she only belatedly realizes that the amulet has gone from being on the bed to being in her hand, and is now pressing directly against Spike’s chest.
Without warning its glow intensifies and Buffy begins mindlessly grinding against Spike’s now hard erection. Desperation floods her body, not for release but for the feeling of being so completely joined to the vampire beneath her. Meanwhile Spike has been reduced to a series of frantic moans and breathy pleas.

“Buffy…ahh!...oh God Buffy… please….”

His hands grasp her hips and just for a moment Buffy is able to think through the haze of lust surrounding them. Somehow unconsciously aware that this joining would be the final initiation towards connecting his demon with her own, Buffy slows her movements and takes the time to look at the writhing vampire beneath her. Realizing that this could very well be one of the few remaining memories she would carry of him alive, she attempted to etch every feature of his face into her mind’s eye.

“Spike…shoosh…shoosh…let me look at you, really look at you one last time.”

As if somehow sensing the Slayer’s distress Spike slows his frantic thrusts, still too addled with lust to truly comprehend why the Slayer wished him to stop but aware of her desire none the less.

“My God, you’re so beautiful. And now it’s too late.”

With that, the power finally reaches its climax and Buffy finds herself hurriedly unzipping Spike’s jeans before thrusting down onto his desperately hard cock. As if waiting for this exact moment the amulet burst into a seething green flame that seeps through Spike’s skin and begins to illuminate his chest, transforming his pleas into frantic cries of pain.

Buffy had time to take one last panicked glance at the vampire before doubling over herself as a new energy began to travel through the joining of their two bodies and up into the very center of her. Her last thought as she finally fell into a blissful darkness was that she could no longer hear Spike screaming.... Maybe her tortured lover had found his peace at last….





Buffy woke to find light seeping through her window, casting across the room the slim shadows of early dawn.

Uh, I feel as if I’ve been hit with a metaphysical freight train.

She gradually lifts her head, only to find her eyes being brought level with a streak of light coming through the blinds, sending her vision into a kaleidoscope of painful white stars.

Guess my eyesight is a little better than it used to be.

Groaning she pushes up with her hands and suddenly finds soft yet firm skin yielding beneath her fingers. Memories from the night before begin running through her now fully alert mind and she gazes down in panicked surprise at the very real and very still man lying before her.

“Spike? Oh my God! Spike? Can you hear me?”

This was more than she could ever have hoped for. After all, him lying on the bed meant that he wasn’t dust, and if he wasn’t dust he obviously wasn’t dead…right? This must mean that there was ho-

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP

What in the hell was that?

Looking around the room Buffy frantically searched for the cause of the steady beat pounding through her ears before feeling her eyes attach themselves to Spike’s now pulsing neck. Almost as if in a trance she leans forward and gently licks the precious vein before quickly drawing herself back upright. Her hand firmly placed over her now salivating mouth.

“NO!”

Jumping off her formerly vampiric lover Buffy hysterically backs away from the bed until she feels her self bump into the dresser lining her bedroom wall. Stomach heavy with growing dread she slowly turns to face the mirror and finds herself staring at two golden eyes, their shine a perfect match to the light reflecting off the new fangs showing just below the lips of her now open mouth. Thrusting away from the dresser in horror, her building scream is interrupted by a sudden pounding the door.

“Buffy? ! Answer this door at once. I know that you must be distraught over the loss of your….vampire. But we have allowed you to mourn for quite long enough. It’s time to start learning to use your new found abilities.”

Buffy heard her watcher’s voice, but the only thing she could think about was what it would be like to sink her teeth into the throat it emanated from.

“Honestly Buffy what’s wrong? Do you fear the other’s reaction to your new…status? Is that it? Because if so I can assure you that I have more than adequately handled the situation.”

No, what’s wrong is that I just conducted a ritual in order to save the world from evil and now all I want to do is kill the man who’s been like family to me for over five years.

Buffy pulled herself back into the present and managed to grind out an answer to her surrogate father.

“Get away from the door! I’ll come out when I’m ready.”

Please go! Please, please go!

The slayer continues to direct her newly enhanced hearing towards the doorway and sighs in relief when she hears her watcher begin walking down the hall. All the while muttering about the nonsense of caring for useless vampires.

Huh, maybe this new demon deal comes with some kinda miraculous mind control. Or Giles could just be getting soft….nah.

Buffy sighs in relief and moves away from the dresser. However, just as she finds herself calming down her control is once again tested as she hears a distinct rustling coming form the direction of her bed.

“Buffy…”

The voice is disarmingly weak, but still retained the husky cadence so indicative of its owner. Without thought, Buffy rushed to the side of her be, elated to see Spike struggling to sit up against the headboard.

“Spike! You’re alive!”

She pulls him into her arms and by the time she remembers her newfound dilemma it is already too late. Unable to resist any longer she suddenly finds herself turning his weakened body forwards and placing her untried fangs at the pulse emanating from his now very warm and very alive body.