Author's Chapter Notes:
only one review for the last chapter, thanks to cordy kitten.
maybe i made the chapter a little too Spuffy:)
‘I know she was with her sister and daughter, and I know she had her photo taken with me in the bar.’

‘Well that limits it to one of about 100 people. Before we blindly trust that she was a paying member of the public, we need to check staff as well, were there any sister/sister combos in amongst them? Did you have your picture taken with any of the staff?’ Fred started searching through the proofs.

‘Only the manager and the bar staff.’

‘Ok, lets get those shots in here and start looking through them…’
Lorne started to slow down. ‘Staple food groups, beer, coffee and chocolate; the little hottie at the bar said she was with her sister.’
He started frantically searching through the huge pile of photos on the table. ‘Is this her? Is this your Elizabeth?’ he asked, holding out the picture of Dawn and Buffy and Fran.

Spike looked down at the photo, his hand shaking so much he could hardly focus on the faces. From behind tears he looked into the eyes of Elizabeth, older, greyer, certainly cuddlier, but his Elizabeth.

‘Can we find out who she is? Where she is?’

‘We could say she’s won an extra prize, you dedicate the photo to her and ask her to pick it up at the theatre; we have her contact phone number, well if not hers, then her sister’s,’ suggested Xander.

‘Brilliant,’ Spike planted a big sloppy kiss on the brunette.

‘Hey sweet lips, that’s my job!’ exclaimed Lorne, giving Xander a kiss.

And that was what they did. As soon as it was open Lorne telephoned the photographers and got them to contact the number they had been left. Dawn answered and was surprised to hear that she and her sister had won another prize, this really was her lucky day. The photo they’d had taken with Spike Atherton was to be dedicated to them by him, and could the photographer please have their full names.

‘Dawn Doyle, Francesca Doyle and Buffy Summers Doyle.’

‘Many thanks Ms Doyle, would it be possible for you to collect the photo yourself? We want to make sure you get this one and it has to be signed for.’ Dawn was stuck, she was in college all day, but the photographer reassured her that Mrs Summers Doyle was welcome to collect it as well.

A couple of calls later and Buffy was on her way back to the theatre to collect the photo.

It was a lovely day so she decided to walk, taking in all the shops surrounding the old building. There were antique and art shops that would be well worth a visit at some time, she thought as she entered the theatre.

‘Mrs Summers Doyle to collect a photo.’ Buffy said to the girl behind the counter. The girl was busy reading a fanzine and just handed over the envelope, forgetting she was supposed to phone through to Lorne as soon as anyone arrived for it, and Buffy walked out.




Xander was heading into the Theatre and held open the door for a nice looking woman about the same age as himself. ‘I know I’ve seen her somewhere before,’ he thought before heading into the theatre.

‘Thanks,’ she said as she started to phone for a taxi to get her home.

‘Ms Buffy Doyle at the Theatre in Sunnydale to go to my hotel and then the airport,’ he overheard.

It wasn’t until he was well inside the theatre that Xander realised that the name sounded familiar. He went across to the Box Office.

‘Did anyone collect that envelope we left yet?’ He asked.

‘Wha? Oh yeh, she’s just left. That’s her.’ Xander couldn’t control his anger properly. ‘Weren’t you supposed to call someone when she turned up?’

‘Oh; forgot,’ the assistant didn’t even sound sorry. Xander was livid, but he didn’t have time to argue.

‘Well call him now!’ he shouted as he hurried out only to see the woman getting into the taxi that had arrived. He heard her say ‘Marriott Hotel,’ before it pulled away and Xander went back in to find Spike.

‘Spike, she’s gone, she was heading for the Marriott Hotel, I’ve got a taxi on its way, I suggest you hurry.’ Xander yelled. Spike grabbed the nearest shirt and ran for the door, and into the taxi, handing the driver a $50. ‘Another one if you get to the Marriott in the next five minutes.’

Spike literally fell out of the taxi. Handing the driver the promised money, he started scanning the crowds.

‘Elizabeth, Buffy!’ he shouted.

One woman stopped dead, looking for who had called her, then continued getting into a taxi. ‘Elizabeth!’ he called again, more gently this time, and sped towards her, grabbing hold of the door.

‘Elizabeth, it is you, luv, isn’t it?’ He gasped, staring at the angel in front of him and opened the door, preventing the taxi from pulling away, startling Buffy.

‘It is you?’

‘Yes William, it’s me, older greyer, but it’s me.’
And stood there before him smiling, her green eyes as bright as emeralds.

William couldn’t believe it: he reached out his hand, terrified that the vision in front of him would vanish. Spike eventually touched her cheek and Buffy nuzzled into his hand. The warmth and the touch so familiar and yet so new. Buffy climbed out of the car.

‘It’s really you,’ Spike whispered then shouted again, ‘it’s really you!’ He grabbed hold of Buffy by the waist and spun her round and round laughing all the time. People stopped to watch Spike Atherton and a stranger just laughing; Spike suddenly realised they were in full display of the public and, lowering Buffy to her feet, reached for her hand and grabbed it like a drowning man and led the way back into the hotel.

‘I want your best available suite for at least two nights,’ he demanded of the receptionist.

The girl handed over the keys and William Atherton led the way to the elevators, fearing to let go of Buffy’s hand in case she vanished.

‘Do you know what I get to do, Princess?’ Asked William as they entered the elevator.

‘No, what?’

‘I get to wake up by your side for the rest of my life. I’ve fallen asleep with you before, but I’ve always woken up alone, in an empty bed; now I get to wake up with you.’ and with that Spike kissed Buffy in a way that melted her knees.

‘You’re taking a lot for granted, aren’t you? I haven’t said I’ll stay yet. You might not even get so much as a good night kiss.’

‘Oh, I will. It might take a day, or a year, but I’ll get my kiss and everything else, and I’m not sure of me but I am so sure of you.’