Author's Chapter Notes:
many thanks to Cordy kitten and Angela, your kind words are wonderful. a quick update, there is only the epilogue to go
Spike woke again to the sound of his cell phone ringing. It sounded loud in his ears. He couldn’t think of where he was for a moment. It wasn’t his normal hotel room. He looked around for his jacket, his phone was still ringing. It stopped for a second as it went onto voice mail, then started again. Buffy was nowhere to be seen. It had all been a dream. Spike flopped down onto the bed. His heart felt heavy. He had been so sure it had been real, and it had been another dream. How cruel could life be? He felt tears well up in his eyes and spill down his cheeks. He didn’t think he could continue like this, it was easier when he didn’t remember the dreams and just brought back the memories of love. He could even smell Buffy in the room. Life was callous and brutal.

The bathroom door opened and Buffy stepped back into the room. She couldn’t understand why Spike looked so miserable. Tears were running down his face.

‘Spike? William?’ She whispered. She felt terrified. Was he regretting the previous night? Spike took no notice of her: it was as though he hadn’t heard her at all. His cell rang again. Spike grabbed his jacket and got the mobile out and threw it across the room in temper, swearing as it hit the wall.

‘William!’ she shouted this time.

Spike turned round, to face the light from the bathroom. Backlit like some cheesy Hollywood effect stood Buffy, no dream, no vision. She really was there. Spike leapt up from the bed and grabbed her, burying his head in her hair.

‘I thought it was a dream, I didn’t think you were really here. I thought, I don’t know what I thought…’

‘I don’t think you did think,’ she smiled. ‘I think you panicked, just because I had to go pee!!’

William looked at her and grinned. She knew him so well. Buffy looked at him properly. He was standing there, naked, and shaking, holding her like she was his lifeline.

The room phone started ringing. disturbing both of them. Buffy took a small step back, but kept hold of her love.

‘You answer the phone, I’m going to have a shower, then ring my sister and ask her very nicely to bring me some fresh clothes as mine seem to have been ripped to shreds last night,’ she said with a grin. Spike refused to let go of her hand but reached across the bed to answer the still ringing phone.

‘Spike?’ said the voice, ‘are you OK? We’ve been worried,’ said Xander’s familiar tones.

‘I’m fine whelp, in fact, we’re both fine.’ He answered with a grin.

‘Both? You found her?’

‘Yes, I’ve found her, she’s everything I could have ever dreamt of.’

‘I’m glad; now get your arse back here, its only six hours till the concert, and you’ve got to eat and do a sound check.’

‘Six hours? What time is it?’

‘Two in the afternoon: now get moving!’

‘Will do. Could you send Wesley to the Marriott in an hour to collect us and tell Fred to have a meal waiting for us when we get there? Oh, and can you send some clothes? What size are you pet?’ he mouthed at her.

‘10-12,’ she answered, bemused at the speed things were happening.

‘Size 10-12, tell Fred; actually, ask Lorne, and tell him I want something really special. Thanks Xander.’

‘You didn’t need your 48 hours…’

‘No, just needed 12 of them,’ he grinned.
‘48 hours?’ Questioned Buffy as Spike put the phone down. She had managed to get her hand free for a couple of seconds, but Spike re-grabbed it.

‘I got a picture of what you really looked like, and managed to persuade Xander and the others to give me 48 hours to find you. If I hadn’t I was going to stop looking and get some help to come to terms with my dreams.’

‘Oh! Would you really have stopped looking after just two days?’

‘No, never but it seemed the best way to get them to help me,’ he explained, ‘would never have stopped looking, ever. Now pet, didn’t you say you’ve got some girls to call?’

Buffy looked stunned as she started dialling.

‘Tell them to come to the theatre tonight, I’ll leave passes at the Box Office for them.’

Buffy nodded on automatic. She had a feeling her life was about to change dramatically, and all she could do was hope to keep her head above the water as she was rushed along.


‘Hi Dawn? No I’m fine, yes, I met someone, no I’m sorry I didn’t call, I didn’t mean to worry you; no, I left my cell in my room. My luggage is downstairs, no I’m still at the Marriott, just a different room. DAWN!! I’m not telling you!! Look, I’ll explain everything later, can you meet me at the theatre tonight, be there at about 6 pm, there’ll be passes for back stage. I promise I’ll explain everything. Yes, you and Fran. I love you both and I’m sorry I didn’t call. Yes, I’m a bad woman. See you tonight.’

Buffy put the phone down and started giggling. ‘You’d think she was the big sister and I was the younger,’ then she went pale.

‘Oh my God, we didn’t use protection!! I’m sorry William, I didn’t think; we always, we never had to in the Garden, and I didn’t think…’

William looked slightly amused, then realised what she said. ‘The Garden, you remember the Garden?’

‘I remember everything, yes.’

‘I’m glad, delighted…’

‘Spike!’ She near shouted at him. ‘We didn’t use protection!’

‘And I’m clean so you don’t have to worry about that,’ he answered.

‘What about pregnancy?’ Buffy worried.

‘Brilliant idea, let me get you pregnant immediately, we can start now!’ He grinned. The thought of Buffy pregnant with his child was wonderful. He gently rubbed her belly, that wonderful rounded mound that filled him with warmth and joy, and pictured his child hiding safe below her heart.

‘Yes,’ he said, ‘we’ll start right now.’

‘Don’t I get a say in this?’ Asked Buffy with a smile on her face.

‘No, none at all, but if you’re really good you get to choose a name,’ he said and picked her up and threw her on the bed again.
As she landed on the pillow Buffy’s last coherent thought was that she could get used to this.

Their loving was slow and gentle. Exploring one another’s bodies with love and care. The look in William’s eyes was one of adoration as he filled her body with his, loving the feeling of her feminine sheath grabbing and milking every drop from him. They fell asleep again, and again with William’s softening cock still buried deep inside of Buffy.



They were awoken by a knocking on the door. Spike had his arms securely wrapped around Buffy and she couldn’t move. He could feel his cock hardening again, just because he was near her, where he could smell her.

The knocking came again.

‘Sugar plum it’s me.’ said Lorne’s voice muffled by the door.

‘I’m coming.’ Spike said and gently moved a sleepy Buffy off of him and covered her with a sheet. She looked even more amazing in real life than in his dreams. Spike shrugged on his jeans and opened the door to see Lorne and Wesley in the hallway, Wesley carrying an overnight case that Spike didn’t recognise.

‘Miss Doyle’s case,’ he said, handing it over to Spike.

‘And fresh clothes for the pair of you,’ added Lorne. ‘Now where is this delicious piece of womanhood?’

‘In bed, and waking up. You two can wait downstairs.’ came the short answer.
Lorne and Wes laughed at each other and made their way back to the elevators. ‘We’ll be waiting the lobby, don’t be too long.’ Lorne called.

‘Lorne, wait.’ Spike hurried after them, ignoring the looks he was getting from other guests, running half dressed down the hall. ‘Do me a favour, can you find a florist? I need roses, as many as you can get, peach coloured ones, it’s important.’

Lorne looked at his friend. He seemed so vulnerable standing there with his jeans undone, no shoes on and asking for a favour.

‘Of course,’ came the gentle reply. ‘The room will be filled with them when you get to the theatre.’

‘Thanks mate. I owe you.’

Buffy was nervous, it was the only word for it. No, she was terrified. She was being driven, in a luxury car back to the theatre where she’d begun what was probably the best night of her life. Waiting for her were Spike’s, no, William’s best friends. Xander and Lorne and Fred. Wesley had been very sweet when he collected them from the hotel, he’d paid the bills, sorted out any and all problems, opened car doors and driven through town back towards the theatre where this whirlwind had started.

The theatre was quiet when they arrived at the stage door. Spike sensed her nervousness and gave her a wonderful smile, which changed into his trademark smirk as his eyes raked her body from top to bottom.

‘You pregnant yet Goldilocks?’

‘William!!’ Smacking him on the arm Buffy exclaimed, highly embarrassed in front of Wes.

‘Well if you’re not we can try again tonight.’ He curled his tongue behind his teeth and Buffy felt her knees give way. A relationship with William Atherton was going to be tough. Every time she wanted to argue with him, he gave her that look and her brain melted. This was going to be fun.

Wes just smiled as he opened the door. Spike and Buffy made their way into the theatre together, and into their future, together at last.