Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing. Joss owns them all!

Thanks for the reviews guys! So like I said I’ll post warning if they are needed for a chapter. Well here it is WARNING there is a Buffy/other in this chappie. It’s not graphic, but it’s there, and just for the record it was hard for me to write it. It hurt, it burned, I almost died, lol. Again, this is unbeated, but if someone is willing to beta it please let me know!
Custode del Mio Cuore


By: GoldenBuffy



Chapter Three


****


Willow shrank behind her best friend. If she had known just how big this party was going to be she never would have left the car, let alone the Bronze. How did Xander talk her into this?


Xander on the other hand was loving it. This was like his wildest dreams come true. He had wanted to be invited to one of these parties for years. But once the pecking order of middle school was established, and he found himself an outsider looking, never to be one of the cool kids, well he kissed his party days good bye. But now… here he was.


Running a hand through his hair Xander turned to his cowering friend. “How’s my breath Will?” He asked blowing in her face.


Willow wrinkled her nose. “It’s a little on the fruity side. You shouldn’t have eaten that last fruit roll up.”



He nodded before reaching into his jeans pocket and pulling out a stick of gum then shoving it into his mouth. “Want one?”



“No thank you,” Willow replied. She was ready to call it a night; they were completely out of their league here. They belonged with the chess club and the Dungeons and Dragons crew, not trying to live it up at the Chase mansion. They were breaking the High School code of ethics.



“Come on Will, let’s mingle with the masses.” With that Xander grabbed Willow by the hand and led her into the throng of teens.


****


Buffy wasn’t there long before she started to get some looks. She mentally rolled her eyes, she so wasn’t in the mood to play twenty questions. She needed to implement damage control and fast. Her eyes sought out her new friend who looked to be in an animated conversation with another brunette. Buffy made her way towards them then tapped Faith on the shoulder.


“Hey, B. I was just reminding my sister here that this is my house too, and I can bring home who ever the hell I want here.”


Cordelia stood there arms folder across her chest giving Buffy the once over. She had seen how all the males in the house had stopped to take notice of the blonde when she entered, and she didn’t like it, not one bit. Now that she was up close and personal with the attention stealer she really didn’t want her at the party. Oh she knew just who this was. One Buffy Summers, daughter of Mayor Hank Summers, of LA. Just why was she here in Sunnydale? It figured she’d become friends with Faith too.


Cordelia narrowed her eyes. “I know you live here, you don’t have to remind me.” She paused, turning her attention on Buffy. “Look, Buffy, don’t think I don’t know about you ‘cause I so do. Here are a few ground rules. One, you stay on your side of the room and I’ll stay on mine. Two, don’t make a show of who you are, you’ll make your time here more… enjoyable. Three, all the hot guys here tonight are off limits, namely him.” Cordelia pointed to some brunette sanding in the corner with a group of guys. “He’s mine.”


Buffy internally laughed, was this bitch for real? She looked her straight in the eyes, quickly coming to the conclusion that Cordelia was indeed serious. Buffy began to laugh out loud. Faith snickered and her sister’s face shifted into confusion. No one had ever laughed in her face before.


Buffy composed herself after a few moments whipping at the moister in her eyes. “Oh, God, you’re full of yourself aren’t you. Don’t get all worked up, girly, I’m not here to steal your thunder. Truthfully, I came over here to ask if Faith could tell people not to bother me. I’m trying to, how do you say, lay low.”


That seemed to please the other teen and she smiled a little. “Fine,” she added before turning and walking away in a huff.


****


“I want a drink and lots of them.”


“Um, Xander, I really don’t think it’s such a bright idea to drink since you’re driving. I can’t drive remember?”


“Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Well, what are we supposed to do, just stand here all night watching the flashing lights?” Xander question as he watched a few couples make out in the dark corners of the room.



“No, we can dance. You do want to dance don’t you?” Willow asked, she could feel the slight flush to her cheeks. She was nervous, it wasn’t as if they were on a date, but they were at a party, a real party, and she was going to dance with him. Maybe just maybe he’d look at her in a different light tonight. The redhead could only hope, but maybe the different setting would make Xander feel different about her.


“Sure thing Will. Let’s boogie!” Xander leaded the girl out to the dance floor just as a slow song began to play.


****


“Who ever said beer was bad? Beer is good and foamy!” Buffy commented looking down into the top of her frothy beverage. Faith snorted in amusement before taking a healthy gulp from her own plastic cup. From their vantage point on a sofa in the middle of the room they could see the whole dance floor and the door entering into it. Faith eye’s lit with a sparkle when she noticed one of the shapes on the dance floor.


“Look who decided to show.” She said in an overly cheery voice. Buffy’s eyes followed her pointing finger to the couple on the dance floor, it was her cousin and that nerdy boy who kept looking at her boobs.


“Wow, I’m surprised they even came.”


“Me too.” Faith rose from the couch. “I’m going to have me a little fun.” Buffy laughed as she watched Faith work her way through the couples on the dance floor towards the two teens.


Chugging the final bit of liquid in her cup she decided it was time to have a bit of fun of her own. She hadn’t come to this party to sit around and do nothing. Buffy scanned the room looking for a distraction. There were some pretty hot guys here, but none that tickled her fancy, that was until her eyes landed on the group over by a wall. They had moved from their previous location but it was them alright. She pushed up from the couch and smoothed down her skirt. “Stay away my ass.” Buffy mumbled as she walked across the room.


****


The foursome stood in one of the dark corner in the large room, the music a backdrop to their conversation. From their vantage point they could see all the teens entering and leaving the party.


“Spike? Earth to Spike. Didn’t you hear what I just said?” Angel asked, looking at him expectantly.


Spike only stared at the boy then took a swig from his bottle of beer. Angel sighed, exasperated. “You start the whole debate them zone out in the middle of it. What’s with you? You just can’t go and do that, you do know that don’t you?”


Spike rolled his eyes in irritation. “Fine, I still say it would be cavemen. They would bash those blood astronauts’ skulls in with their clubs.” He hurriedly issued is response before turning his attention back to the door, but she was gone. His eyes searched the crowed finding her once again standing talking with Cordelia.


Intrigued, Angel moved to where his friend stood followed his gaze but seeing nothing. “What’s got your attention?”


“Who’s the blonde talking with Cordelia?” he asked, eyes never leaving her.


Angel, Parker, and Oz all found her at the same time. She was a cute little blonde, had her arm interlocked with Faith’s. It was obvious that Cordelia said something that made the girl laugh, they couldn’t hear it over the music, but it tickled her none the less. She tossed her head back, her golden curls falling down her back, swaying with her mirth. She quickly gained control before uttering something else to Cordelia, causing the girl to storm off in a huff.


“She’s cute, but I don’t know who she is. Maybe Cordy will fill us in later.” Angel offered as he returned his attention back on the small group. Spike stood there still watching the girl until she disappeared into the crowd.


****


They were laughing and having a good time. Xander had lead Willow out to the dance floor as soon as a slow song began to play. He turned to her apologetically before turning her in a slow spin then resting her in his arms, has hands at her waist. Willow giggled before resting her arms on Xander’s shoulders. She sighed, placing her head on his chest. The redhead’s eyes fluttered shut as she took in her best friend’s scent, it was a mixture of fruity sugary snacks and after shave, it was plan old Xander. The two swayed to the music as if under its spell. Xander found himself liking this and not in the “Willow is my best friend” way either. The slow beat came to an end as a faster one began to play.


Both hesitated a moment before pulling apart. They were at a loose of words. Willow was certain Xander had felt the magic that she knew was between them, she held her breath looking up into his eyes. Xander stared back, confusion marring his features. What had just happened? Why was he feeling all fuzzy for Willow? And why did he like it?


Willow was about to say something when the duo was interrupted by a tap on Xander’s shoulder. He turned figuring someone spotted them and was ready to toss them out of the house.


“Hey, cutie!” Faith greeted licking her lips seductively.


Xander’s eyes followed her tongue as it swept over her lips to moisten them. “Hey,” it came out in a squeak. He quickly cleared his throat before trying the greeting once more.


Faith only stared at him, her eyes devouring his form. “Wanna dance?”


Xander’s first impulse was to drop his mouth open, imitating a fish out of water, but he fought the urge. Instead he gave her a goofy grin before accepting her offer.


Willow’s eyes narrowed, how dare that cheep hussy move in on her moment. They were having a moment, no, The Moment. The one that Willow had been waiting for, for years now. Just when she was certain Xander had felt something other than platonic friendly feelings then along comes Faith. Willow was mad, she was beyond mad, she was pissed. She should go over there and fight for Xander’s affection, but she knew she didn’t stand a chance. With a final look she turned around and headed for the punch bowl.


Faith pulled Xander flush against her, her heat seeping into him. She heard his sharp intake of breath, the shiver that ran through his body, and the tiny arch his back made to bring himself closer to her. She smiled. She watched as the little redhead stormed off. Which was way good, she knew that she had Xander all to herself, it was time to start on plan B.


****


Buffy pushed her way through the mass of teens intent on getting to the wall with the four boys. She had gotten a few glimpses of them, there appeared to be two brunettes, one redhead and a blond. She decided to set her sights on the blond headed one; he looked as if he might be fun. Though she wasn’t certain in her assumption, but blonds always did have more fun.


Closer and closer she came until her path was blocked by some drunk. He stumbled into her, a leer plastered on his face. “Hey there s-sweet thing,” he slurred into her hair, wrapping his arm around her tiny waist. Ugh, she had to deal with a stupid idiot. What was she like some jerk magnet? It never failed no matter where she went it seemed that one or two always found her. Buffy tried to push him off of her and continue on her way. The boy didn’t give up so easily.


“I only want to t-talk to you. What’s the hurry?” He pulled her against him, lowering his nose he began to nuzzle her ear. Buffy shuddered.


She knew she was still at the party but logic had stepped out for the moment to get some fresh air leaving her alone with her memories. For a split second Buffy found herself back in the room. The music faded as well as the sound of the other teens as the body pressed against her became heavy, over bearing, forceful. She could hear the soft clicking of a distant door closing then the muffled thud of boots on a carpeted floor walking towards her. She couldn’t move and no sound would come out of her mouth.


Buffy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “You’re not there. You’re not there. You’re not there. You’re in Sunnydale at a party.” That brought her back to the present and out of the past. Buffy blew out the breath that she’d been holding before glaring at the drunken boy still holding onto her as if he owned her.


“I said fuck off!” Buffy shouted before bringing her knee up and connecting with his groin. He howled out is surprised pain, bring his hands down to cup himself. He wasn’t sure if she’d attack him again. A few dancers watched the exchange before returning their attention back to dancing. “Thanks for the help… not!” she grumbled knowing her words only fell on deaf ears before stepped over the boy and continued towards the wall.


****


Cordelia returned to the party in a huff. After her little run in with Buffy she needed to go change into something me revealing, something that made her look way better than the little tramp. She settled on a black mini skirt and a red tub top. She felt tons better.


“Where did you run off too?” Angel questioned giving her an approving look.


“I needed some alone time. But I’m back.” She paused looking around the group. “Where is everyone?”


“You’re little mini clones all waddled off to powder their noses.” Spike off handily commented.


Angel walked up behind Cordelia to whisper in her ear, but it was loud enough for the group to hear. “So, you gonna tell us who’s the blonde with your sister or do I have to go over there myself?”


Spike waited for her reply taking note of the reaction on Cordelia’s face and the annoyance in her voice. It was obvious that the self appointed Queen of Sunnydale High didn’t fancy the newcomer.


“Her?” She gave a snort of disgust. “She’s no one, just something that wondered in with the trash.” Cordy finished with a wave of her hand; she was clearly done with the topic.


Spike arched his brow, mark that, Cordelia wasn’t annoyed by the new girl, she felt threatened by her. That really piqued the boy’s interest. He made a mental note to go hunt her down before the night was over. Anyone that made Cordelia feel threatened was someone Spike just had to get to know better. Didn’t hurt that she was easy on the eyes either.


As Angel tried to pump Cordy for more information Spike’s attention wandered back out over the room. His eyes scanned over the dance floor landing on the girl in question. She was headed towards them when some drunken Neanderthal plowed into her.

He was about to head over to help her when a certain voice stopped him dead in his tracks. It was amazing how Blondie Bear sent shivers of terror down his spine, leaving him weak like Superman’s reaction to kryptonite. The girls had returned from the bathroom and Harmony was head of the pack, making a b-line straight for him. Sliding up to him, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I missed you so much. Did you miss me?” She asked kissing him on the cheek.


“No, Harm, I didn’t. Get the hell off of me.” He replied, prying her arms off of him. Make one bloody mistake and you pay for it the rest of your days. Spike should have listened when Angel told him to stay away from Harmony, but no, he had other ideas. He would treat her like all the others - wine her, dine her, bed her - After he’d send her on her merry little way.


But it appeared that the bubble headed blonde had a different plan. She viewed their night together as confirmation that they were a couple. No matter how many times Spike pushed her away, didn’t return her phone calls, rushed past her in the school hall she just couldn’t take the hint. He didn’t want to hurt her but it was beginning to look as if it were his only option left. Quickly forgetting about the other blonde who was still wrestling with the drunk, Spike made a hasty exit to the back yard for a quick smoke.


Harmony frowned; she couldn’t understand why Spike was so cold towards her, always ignoring her, treating her like she meant nothing to him. There were a few times that she considered giving up on him and moving on to someone else, but that nagging little voice in the back of her head kept telling her not to give up. She knew it, felt it in her gut that they were destined to be. There was a time when he had showered her with attention, and it wasn’t the kind of attention he showed other girls - The little sluts that slept with him. No, he showed true interest in Harmony, laughed at her jokes, he even took her ideas seriously. Cordelia had told her it was all a game; Spike’s faux interest in her, but she didn’t believe the brunette for one minute. Cordelia was just upset by the fact that her boyfriend at the time didn’t show such concern with her.


Granted, they only spent a week dating, but Harmony knew that they had something special, and the sex was great. Yup, her Blondie Bear belonged with her. With that thought fresh in her head Harmony trotted off to find her man.


****


Faith had gotten Xander drunk on the seductive moves of her body against his and now she was working on getting his mind in the same state. She had just offered him drink number three before plopping down in his lap and licking on his ear. Xander giggled a bit. He never had a girl sit on his lap, unless he counted the one time when Willow slipped and tumbled there on a school field trip. But he didn’t count that because it was Willow, super best friend. But now here he was at a very cool party with Faith sitting in his lap and making out with his ear. She had also thrust something into his hand.


Xander eyed the drink suspiciously, before taking it from her. This was the third one in a row. He was thirsty but he was also starting to feel a little fuzzy headed.


“Oh come on, don’t be such a baby. It’s just something to loosen you up a bit it won’t kill you. Besides, you’re with me. You’re in safe hands.”


Xander wasn’t so sure. Faith’s smile looked cold and calculating, but he pushed that to the back of his head, he wasn’t going to let some tiny voice ruin his fun. Plus, her lips had just moved lower as she sucked and licked on his neck. Awash in the feelings that the girl was producing two things happened. One, Xander started giggling like a girl. Faith’s tongue was very tickly, and two, said giggling made him lurch forward causing his drink sloshing out of its cup and onto the floor.


Faith removed the drink from his hand with a smirk. “Think you’ve had enough for now.” She tossed the drink over her shoulder causing it to hit a girl in the back. Faith only shrugged before leading Xander back to the dance floor.


****


Buffy made her way over to the kids at the wall. The first person she noticed was Cordelia, just when did the bitch join the group? There were two other girls as well, a redhead and chick with black hair. Buffy rolled her eyes; she knew a group of stuck up bitches when she saw them. Instead of making light conversation with the trio she went right for the brunette that Cordelia told her was completely off limits.


Arching her back she thrust out her chest and smiled. “Hi, I’m Buffy!” It was bubbly and flirtatious. A tactic that always worked on the opposite sex.


The boy smiled back, his eyes traveling over her body and stopping on her breast before meeting her hazel eyes. “Name’s Parker.”


Cordelia watched the little exchange, her eyes going into tiny slits. So the bitch wanted to play huh? Cordelia pushed pasted Angel who stumbled back into the wall from the force of her hand. He was about to protest but saw that she was on the war path. She made her way to the left side of Parker since Buffy was at his right. “This is Buffy.” She said in mocked politeness. “Buffy it was nice of you to come over and introduce yourself but I think my sister is looking for you. So you need to get going, like now!”


Buffy executed an eye roll snort combo before completely ignoring the girl. “So, Parker, care to dance?” Buffy asked before turning around to head back to the dance floor. She didn’t have to turn back around to know that he was following, she could tell by the muffled humph coming from Cordelia’s mouth.


****

Spike had managed to get away from Harmony for the fifth time that night. She had run out back in search of him. He’d managed to blend in with a few other kids who were smoking as well. They stood over by the shadows which was good for him. He stepped deeper into them when the blonde came wandering out calling his name. He waited, finished his fag then, went back inside.


Cecily spotted the shocking flash of white as he made his way back inside. Smiling to herself she picked up two plastic cups of beer then weaved through the traffic of teens meeting Spike halfway. “Care for a drink?” She offered him a cup.


Spike gave her a once over before smirking and taking the beverage. Cecily Underwood had been after him since the seventh grade. He hardly paid her any attention. She was sort of on the chunk side, with frizzy hair and known for her brains not her looks. Spike was smart but even he needed help in certain areas in school, and that was where Cecily fit in. He had asked for her assistance last year in tenth grade, she was his tutor, helping him ace English. Just because he was a Brit didn’t mean he knew all things British. Rumor had it that Cecily went to some camp for fat kids last summer, and looking at the girl standing before him now Spike was convinced that she had.


Gone were the concealing clothing, the fizzy hair and the dark framed glasses held together by tape. Now Cecily resembled a budding model, easy on the eyes and just the distraction he needed to keep Harmony away.


Smiling he accepted the drink.


****

Willow was bored, she’d lost track of Xander about thirty minutes ago. One minute he and Faith were grinding on the dance floor, and to the redhead’s amazement, his hands were traveling all over the brunette’s body. Then the next minute the two were gone. So Willow was still sitting by the punch bowl sipping on punch and nibbling on a cracker with cheese. This party was defiantly lame. If she knew how to drive she would have left by now. The idea crossed her mind of calling her parents, but she knew they never would approve of her being at a gathering that served liquor and no parental supervision. So all in all she was stuck here until Xander popped back up.


Willow grimaced and set her cup down. All that punch was not of the good. Now she needed the little girl’s room. Cutting through the kids she made her way into another hallway, it was dimly lit with four sets of doors flanking each side. She hated peeking into the rooms but she hadn’t a clue as to which one was a bathroom. Deciding that for once it was alright to be a snoop Willow opened the first one. It was just a storage room, she tired the second one, this was a tiny office. Most likely it was where the butler or some head of staff worked. She finally came to the final door, she turned the knob but it was locked. Listening closely she was just able to make out moaning and someone whispering some very naughty words before making a hasty retreat.


Willow made her way up the grand staircase to the second floor. “Oh, great, more doors!” She needed a bathroom and quick not more doors. She started down the hall afraid to open any doors, not knowing what or who would be on the other side. It wasn’t as if she hadn’t expected there to be sex at parties, she did watch enough teen movies to know that. But it was bad enough to hear the audio version only a few moments ago, she didn’t wish to see the actual act itself anytime soon. Coming to the first door she took a deep breath then turned the knob.


****


Three songs and six drinks later Buffy and Parker fumbled their way up the stairs. They had entered the first room that was unoccupied, kissing and grouping each other as they continued into the darkened room. The two tumbled onto the bed the girl landing on top. Hands started to remove clothing and tossing them to the floor. The two kissed as Parker lowered his hand moving it between them to help guide Buffy onto him. She reached down halting his progression.


“You do have protection? Right?” This was the worst time to be asking but up until this point Buffy’s mouth was just a little occupied.


Parker sighed before nodding. His hand groped over the side of the bed trying to find his discarded pants. Buffy reach over and turned on the lamp sitting on one of the night stands. Now with the lights turned on Parker was able to locate his pants and retrieve what he needed. Opening the package he slid the prophylactic over his erect member before giving Buffy a can we do this now look. Pleased, Buffy smiled before capturing his lips for a quick kiss before taking him inside of her.


****


Spike and Cecily where still dancing when he spotted Harmony making her way towards them. She looked angry, her hands in tight balls as she stomped towards them. Spike clutched the girl’s hand in his leading her off the floor. “Mind if we go some place more private, luv?”


Cecily couldn’t stop the blush the spread across her face as she nodded her head in reply, at the moment she couldn’t find her voice. Offering him a beer was one thing. Never in a million years had she excepted him to accept it then ask her to dance, and now Spike wanted to be alone with her. Cecily was thrilled, this was like one of her dreams coming true.


****


Willow opened the door and gasped. “Oh, my!” was all that could or would come out. She just stood there, rooted to the spot, eyes not blinking. It was bad, it wasn’t as if she didn’t want to look, she just couldn’t help it. It was like a train wreak, all the blood and carnage, bodies laying every where. But you still couldn’t stop from staring. There was nakedness and Willow was quite sure she heard moaning as well.


Faith looked over her shoulder but still keeping the rhythm she had set. “Are you going to stand there all night watching or what?”


That broke the girl out of her induced trance and she quickly shut the door. She turned to run only getting a few feet before she slammed into someone else.


“Dammit! Why don’t you watch were you’re going,” Harmony screeched as she rose to her feet. She paused to see just who plowed her over. “Oh, it’s you. Just watch where your headed next time.” Again Harmony paused and looked around at the closed doors in the hallway. “You haven’t seen my Blondie Bear, have you?”


Willow shook her head still in a state of shock; the images of Xander with Faith were burned into her corneas. The blonde gave a slight shrug then started to turn when three doors opened at once, Parker and Buffy came out the first, Spike and Cecily the second, and Xander and Faith the third.


Harmony’s faces fell as she fought off tears. “I… you… pig!” she spat before running down the steps.


Buffy flicked her hair out of her face then turned to look at Faith. “What was her problem?”


Spike started to go after Harmony but decided against it. It was for the best. Now he could get the irritating bint to leave him alone. Instead he headed back to the party. Parker whispered something in Buffy’s ear then followed his friend down the steps.


Faith only shrugged. “Wanna see my room?”


Buffy glanced at Willow who looked as if she were about to toss her cookies, then she turned her gaze to Xander. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what her cousin must have witnessed. Buffy was surprised by the small twinge of pity that she felt for the girl. Anyone with eyes could see that Willow had a pretty big crush on Xander, and walking in on him and Faith going at it must have been bad. No, it must have been worse the bad, it was like the bad of all badness.


“Nah, I think I’ll pass. I need a shower anyway. See you on Monday?”


“I guess so. Later B. Later, Xander.” Faith added, patting him on the butt. He gave a startled jump before blushing. It only caused Faith to laugh some more before she disappeared into her room.


****


The girls had made it home safe and sound, but Willow hadn’t uttered a word since the incident in the upstairs hallway at Faith and Cordeila’s house. She could see it in the redhead’s eyes, she was devastated, she wanted to cry, but was staving off the tears. Buffy didn’t know how to dish out compassion. It was normal for teens to hook up at parties even if their dates where present. Normally Buffy was the one hooking up with someone else’s dates anyway. But she had known. She knew what her cousin’s feelings were towards the boy. She saw it the moment he showed up at the house to pick them up. And even after all that she didn’t tell Faith to back off, she let her continue with her plan of seduction.


She moved around the room collecting the things she needed for her shower, Willow never once moved from her position sitting at the end of her bed. Before walking out the door Buffy laid her hand on Willow’s shoulder. “It’ll be okay, Wills, you’ll see.”


With that she left the room thinking what had gotten into her? She wasn’t the comforting type. This was life, it was full of betrayal and hurt, Willow needed to get used to that. She didn’t need her cousin lying to her telling her that everything would be okay, since in the long run it never really would be. There were no happy endings. You didn’t get your Prince Charming. All that was available was a world of hurt. She closed the door behind her and turned on the shower.


****
AN: Let me know what you think.