Author's Chapter Notes:
At bottom.
Spike pulled Buffy into the courtroom and took a seat at the back. Spike looked over at Buffy’s confused face and smiled with barely controlled glee. She was in for the biggest surprise of her life. Spike could barely contain himself, he was so excited.

Wesley slid into the seat beside him, holding his briefcase. He had since quit Addams & Goldstern, and him and Wesley had decided to go into their own private practice. They both loved the idea of getting out from underneath the corporate fist after all these years.

“No sign yet?” Wesley whispered beside him.

“No not yet,” Spike said.

“I wish you guys would tell me what the hell is going on,” Buffy said pouting.

“You’ll see soon enough pet.” Spike felt like he was going to burst with barely contained energy.

Buffy huffed and folded her arms across her chest. “You drag me all the way back to Sunnydale, in the middle of one of my favorite classes no less, and won’t even tell me what it’s for.”

Spike turned to face her. “Believe me pet, you wouldn’t miss this for the world.”

And he was not mistaken. “All rise for Honorable Judge Maggie Walsh.”

Spike pulled Buffy to her feet, and sat her down when the judge ordered everyone to be seated and looked at the bailiff. “Forrest, please bring in the first one.”

Buffy’s eyes widened and a small gasp escaped her mouth as none other than Cecily Addams, and her father, Herbert Addams, were brought into the court room, the bailiff by their side. They both looked sweaty and their thousand dollar suit, disheveled.

“Well, well, well. Who do I have here?” Judge Walsh said.

Spike watched Anya swagger up to the podium designated for the prosecutor. She looked a might miffed.

Judge Walsh smirked at them maliciously, and went on to read the charges. “Quite the laundry list here. Grand larceny, bribery, fraud. And one more for Ms. Addams for Obstruction of justice. What do you plead?”

“They plead not guilty your honor,” their lawyer, Alfred Goldstern, said beside them.

“Bail Ms. Jenkins?”

“We ask remand your honor. They were both caught fleeing our jurisdiction, and they not only have countless amounts of money on hand, but their law firm Addams and Goldstern has a company plane that they can escape on.”

The judge nodded. “Remand,” and brought down her gavel. “Next.”

Both Herbert and Cecily were shuffled from the courtroom without a second thought.

Buffy turned to look at Spike, who was watching her reaction with a wide smile. Her face broke out in a smile and she hugged him fiercely. “What the hell did they do?”

Spike threaded his hands through her hair. “Embezzled a bunch of money from the law firm. They were also bribing court officials to get their cases with a certain judge, and were paying her off for her leniency on certain cases.”

Buffy shook her head. “Bitch is finally getting what she deserves.”

* * *


“I don’t know why I have to wear this thing,” Buffy complained, reaching up to adjust the blindfold around her eyes.

“Don’t want you peekin’ is why,” Spike practically growled. “Now leave it alone.”

Buffy huffed, and crossed her arms, her bottom lip coming out in a pout. Spike loved that bottom lip. It was very tempting to just lean over and take it between his teeth, but he was driving. Driving, focus on the driving.

After a few minutes, Buffy felt the car slow down and pull over.

“Can I take this off yet?”

“Not yet.”

Buffy scowled in his general direction as she heard him open his car door. Showed him for making her wear this stupid thing around her eyes. Buffy had half a mind to rip it away, but she knew he would be really disappointed if she saw his surprise before he wanted her to.

Buffy heard her car door open, and a hand rested on her elbow, slowly guiding her out of the car.

“Easy now, pet, wouldn’t want to trip, would ya?”

Buffy rolled her eyes beneath the blind fold, but didn’t say anything.

Spike situated her so she was facing where he wanted her. “You ready pet?”

Buffy nodded her head.

“Do you have any idea?”

“A car?” Buffy asked hopefully.

“No.”

“A pony?”

Spike chuckled. “Nope.”

“Well if you would take this damn thing off me, I’d know, now wouldn’t I?” Buffy asked, crossing her arms.

“Alright luv.” Spike reached up and pulled the blindfold from her eyes.

Buffy’s face went from confusion to shock to awe as she stared at the modest two story Victorian in front of her, with a big red bow on the front door.

“Is… is… this…”

“I know it’s not much, and we can get a bigger on later if you want, or if you don’t like it we can find somethin’ else-”

Buffy jumped into his arms, her legs immediately wrapping around his waist as she peppered his face with kisses.

“How did you do this? You’re just starting your new business with Wesley…”

Spike shrugged. “Turns out Gunn knows a few people in the real estate business. He was able to pull a few strings for me. You wanna see it?”

Buffy’s feet dropped to the ground as she nodded eagerly. Spike grabbed her hand and pulled her into the house. “A few things need fixin’ before we can move in, but I want you to pick out colors and such, and do whatever you want with everythin’, okay?”

Buffy nodded, ecstatic that he would do this for them. For the both of them.

Spike showed her each room of the house, Buffy getting ideas with what she wanted to do with each one.

“So is this our room?” Buffy asked, when they reached the last room, which also happened to be the master bedroom.

“Yeah pet, this is our room.”

Buffy smirked, and then jumped on him. “Good we can break it in then.”

* * *

3 Months Later

Buffy followed behind Spike as he led her down the same trail he’d led her down nearly three years before. At least this time it was warmer.

After the slow leisurely walk down to the clearing, Buffy spread their blanket out and put the basket of goodies she’d brought with them down next to it. “You ready to eat?”

“Starvin’ luv, what’d ya bring?” Buffy smiled as she pulled out strawberries and the champagne she’d plucked from its place in the back of the cabinet, reserved for special occasions.

Spike frowned, “What did you bring that for luv?”

Buffy shrugged. “Actually getting to spend some free time with you. With your firm now up and running, and me trying to sell my paintings. I thought we could splurge a little.”

Spike smiled. “Of course luv.”

Spike pulled her against his chest, and relaxed as they watched the sun set. Buffy felt Spike’s body tense under hers.

“Is something wrong?”

Spike shook his head. “You know Buffy we’ve been through a lot since we’ve been together. The time I’ve spent with you has been the happiest ‘f my life. I don’t rightly know what I’d do without you pet. I can’t promise that everythin’ will be perfect, or that we’ll never fight. But I can promise that I’ll do my best to make you happy.”

Buffy turned her head to look up and him, a confused look on her face.

Spike pulled a small velvet box from his pocket and opened it, presenting a fiery princess cut diamond nestled inside.

“Buffy Summers, will you do me the honor of being my wife?”

Tears sprang to Buffy’s eyes and she tried mightily to blink them away. “Oh Spike, I don’t know what to say.”

“Just say yes and make me the happiest man on earth.”

“Oh god Spike, of course it’s yes!”

Buffy grabbed him and pulled him down for a bone melting, kiss, pulling away only when she felt the need pressing need to breath. “I love you so much.”

Spike smiled a slow lazy smile. “I love you too kitten.”

Buffy held out her left hand. “Put it on me?”

Spike slipped it onto the appropriate finger, and then leaned down to give her another kiss, which escalated quickly.

Spike pulled away, panting. “Luv, unless you fancy doin’ it right here on this blanket, I suggest you slow down.”

Buffy grinned maliciously. “And who says I don’t want to?”

Spike leered at her, and snaked his hand up her shirt, to find she wasn’t wearing a bra. Spike smiled appreciatively as he flicked her nipple with his thumb, causing it rise, and ringing a low moan from her. Buffy reached down and tore the shirt off over her head, already needing to feel him inside her again.

“Slow later. Want you now.”

There wasn’t much Spike could say to argue with that, so he helped Buffy shed his clothes, then the rest of hers. He laid her out in the fading sunlight, the golden hues playing across her skin.

“You’re so beautiful, Buffy,” Spike said, his voice choked with emotion.

“So are you.”

Spike had long ago given up the argument that he was beautiful especially when he’d heard her explanation.

“I’m not bleedin’, beautiful. Guys can’t be beautiful Buffy.”

“You are beautiful. Not in just the way you look. In the way you touch me, how your fingers dance across my skin. And the way your eyes look at me, like I‘m the best thing that has ever happened to you. In the way you love me. That’s beautiful. You‘re beautiful.”


There wasn’t much he could say to argue with that.

Spike stroked her folds that were already moist and waiting for him, like they always were. Spike guided himself inside her and pushed in to the hilt.

“God Buffy, feel so good.”

Spike set a steady rhythm, loving her with his body, laying kisses over her face and neck, his hands roaming over her body, and finally finding her hands and intertwining them together.

“Love you so much, Spike. Can’t live without you. Need you, need you so much.” Buffy thrashed her head slightly from side to side, feeling her orgasm nearing.

Spike’s thrusts slowly got faster as he neared his release. He could feel Buffy’s walls start to shutter as he leaned down and whispered in her ear. “That’s it baby, let it go, cum for me.”

Spike felt Buffy’s walls clamp down, strangling his cock. He thrust in once, twice more, and spilled himself inside her. Spike pulled out, immediately feeling bereft, and rolled them so she was positioned in the crook of his arm.

Spike sighed, and pulled her closer. “You’re bleedin’ perfect luv.”

Buffy shrugged. “Yeah I know.”

Spike leaned over and tickled her, her giggles echoing through the clearing.



A.N.: Have I told you lately how awesome you guys are? I mean really really awesome? Cause you are. Sorry for the late update, but I sprained my wrist, and I haven't wanted to do anything remotely like moving it.

Anyways... Just the Epilogue to go, which I'm going to post tomorrow night. I could drag this fic out a little more, but I'm not going to. I'm sad to see this go, but I'm ready to devote my attention to my new fics. Even though the update will be up tomorrow, I'd LOVE it if you guys would leave a review for this chapter. Thanks ya'll.