Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this has taken so long, my muse just wasn't cooperating and I didn't want to force it. I hope everyone likes!
Thoughts are in ** !!!
Buffy woke slowly feeling comforted and warm. Then she noticed the pair of arms around her and the hard muscled chest she was spooned up against. Oh, arms of Spike. Nice arms too. Then she noticed something else hard nestled up against her back side and her eyes widened. Holy. Shit. She slowly tried to untangle herself from Spike’s arms, but the more she struggled the harder he held on. He pulled her flush against him and ground his erection into her ass. Buffy shuddered involuntarily at the rush of warmth to her nether regions. This is so wrong. Buffy pulled his arm up and slid out, not caring if she woke him up anymore. She just needed to get away from the reaction her body was having to his.

He barely stirred. Buffy let out the breathe she didn’t know she was holding. Okay don’t wake him up. She turned and fled the room.

* * *


Buffy stared at Spike as he sped down the road towards their destination. She had never known a guy to be beautiful, but Spike sure fit the bill. And if that morning were any indication, he was nice and muscled and hard in all the right places.

Spike noticed her staring at him. He caught he eye for a second and she looked down, blushing. Funny. She’d been doing that since he woke up this morning. Probably regrets asking him to stay with her and is embarrassed about it. But then why was she staring?

“You’ll like this place I’m taking you to pet.” They were on their way to dinner.

“What is it?” There she goes blushing again. She really liked all his little nicknames.

“This nice little French restaurant. You’ll like it.”

That’s not the only thing she liked. She liked the way his body pressed up against her in all the right ways, just the way it had this morning.

They were silent up until they got to the restaurant and had been shown to their table.

“Spike this place is really nice,” Buffy said.

“Well I wanted to treat you pet. You deserve it.”

“Yeah I totally deserve it for going out and getting drunk.”

Spike smirked. “It was understandable. Granted I’m not letting you near Captain Forehead ever again.”

Buffy shrugged and took a sip of her water.

“What did you see in that pillock anyways?”

Again, Buffy shrugged. “Captain of the football team, one of the most popular guys in school. What’s not to like. But… I’m not quite sure what I saw in him.”

“Meaning you don’t see it anymore?” Spike asked. At least he didn’t have to worry about this drooling idiot. One down, hundreds more to go.

“He just seems so… boring now. Just like everyone else. I want someone different.” Someone that has striking cheekbones, bleach blond hair and a sexy accent.

Before Spike could ask what kind of guy she was looking for, Buffy excused herself and left to go to the restroom. Spike sat idly tapping his fingers.

“Would you like some wine sir?”

Spike looked up to see the waiter standing next to the table. “Oh no thanks.”

The waiter glanced down at his wedding band. The girl probably wasn’t his wife. “Would your girlfriend like some wine?”

Spike raised his eyebrows at that. And chose not to correct him. “No.”

The waiter nodded and walked off.

Girlfriend huh? Spike smiled to himself. That had a nice ring to it. Spike shook his head. *Best not let that go to your head mate, its never going to happen. She’s sixteen and you’re married for Christ’s sake!*

When Buffy got back, Spike did his best to keep his thoughts from wondering to them together. Spike asked her about everything from school, to her friends, to her likes and dislikes, steering it away from himself. Spike told himself it was just because he didn’t like talking about himself, but he knew he wasn‘t fooling anyone. He really wanted to know about her. Get to know her. Get in her brain and underneath her skin. He wanted to know what made her tick. And as the evening progressed and he learned about her more and more, he found the more he liked her. As harrowing as her mother’s and Rupert’s deaths had been on her, it gave her a more mature outlook on life. And he found he liked it.

“So how did you and Cecily meet?”

Spike looked up from his dessert, startled. “Uh, why do you ask?”

Buffy shrugged. “Just curious.”

Spike sighed. “Her father introduced us. I started work at one of his firms and he took me under his wing. He helped me. Even introduced me to his daughter. “

“And then you two started dating?”

*Flashback*

Spike grabbed a flute of champagne as the waitress walked by. He’d just come from the Summers-Giles residence, silently drooling over Buffy whilst trying to appear unconcerned. As the months went by he found himself there more and more if only to get a glimpse of her smiling face.

He hated these fancy Christmas parties Adams & Goldstern insisted on throwing. Spike slowly made his way over to Mr. Adams.

“William! So glad you could make it.”

As if he really had a choice. “Wouldn’t miss it for the world, sir.”

“William how many times have I told you to call me Herbert? Please.”

“Of course.”

“Come William, I’d like you to meet my daughter.” He gestured at someone in the crowd, and soon a pretty woman sidled up next to him.

“Hi daddy,” she said kissing his cheek.

“Cecily, this is William. He’s new at the firm and I’m showing him the ropes.”

Cecily looked her nose down at him. She held out her hand daintily.

Well might as well charm the boss’s daughter. Spike pulled her hand up and placed a delicate kiss on her knuckles. “Delighted to meet you pet,” Spike purred.

Cecily faltered a little. “Yes, delighted.”

Her father smiled at them. “Now you be nice to William, and show him around for me will you? I’d like him to know who everyone is. I‘ve decided to put him as third chair in the O‘Brian case.”

“But Daddy, that was going to be mine!”

“Now, now, pumpkin, you know they’ll be more cases for you. This will be a great case for William to get his hands dirty with.”

Cecily sighed and practically dragged him away. Once she was a safe distance away from her father, she turned to Spike, furious.

“Now you listen here. I won’t have you stealing my cases and trying to make nice with my father.”

She kept going on but Spike wasn’t really listening. This was the kind of woman he should be dating, not lusting after almost 15 year-olds.

Spike cut her off. “ Would you like to go out sometime luv?”

Cecily blinked, completely caught off guard. “Umm, well… I guess so.”

*End Flashback*

“And that’s the story. I thought you knew all this pet?”

“Oh no you never told me.” *That and I didn’t care to hear about you with another woman.*

“Well you ready to go?”

Buffy nodded, lost in thought.

As they made their way out, they each thought about the other, each wishing it was a little more than what they had.