Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes, your eyes are not decieving you, I am actually updating. Sorry for all the breaks between updates, but RL has been pretty hectic lately. I wouldn't blame you if you'd stopped reading this because of how long it's been, but I'd be delighted if you'd stick with me. I know where this story is going, so I'm not just taking a shot in the dark here. Thanks to everyone who reviewed the last chapter. And remember, more reviews feed my muse.
Spike opened the case file he had in front of him. The past week since Cecily had been home, he’d been burying himself in his work. He’d gotten away from Cecily, but it also meant that he had no time for Buffy. And Buffy hadn’t gotten a good reception with Cecily. She told her she was a no good lay about that needed to get a job. Buffy had held her tongue but he knew that there were biting retorts just waiting to slip out. And Spike knew if he defended her Cecily would push that much harder. So he kept out of it, stayed away from Cecily, and told Buffy to do the same.

Since Cecily had been back, she’d taken over cases, scared the interns, and pretty much made everyone’s working life a living hell. So Spike was staying firmly tucked away in his office.

“Nancy boy,” Spike said to himself.

Spike tried to concentrate on this file. He was suppose to be writing a closing argument for one of the partners in the firm. But his thoughts as of late were drifting more and more to Buffy. He couldn’t think of anything but her. She made him feel so alive, made him burn with it. It didn’t matter that they hadn’t had a moment alone since the night before Cecily had gotten home. They’d spent most of the night in bed together, and what they didn’t spend there, they spent bantering back and forth. Buffy had a quick wit and a sharp tongue. And when he looked at her now, he didn’t see that darkness in her eyes after Giles and her mum died. There was light there. She was laughing, playful even. And there was something in her eyes when she looked at him, that he knew he always dismissed to easily.

Was it him? Did he do that to her? He knew that when she touched him, he’d felt something. Something he hadn’t felt in long time. A feeling that wasn’t there when he was with Cecily, had never been there.

Spike shook his head. He had writing to do.



* * *

Buffy wrapped her coat around her a little tighter as a gust of wind tried to blow it open. It was freakishly chilly for southern California even though the end of October grew near. Halloween was in a few days, and Buffy was on her way to meet Willow so they could buy a costume. The annual Halloween party at the new ’adult’ club in town ’Wicked’ was suppose to be a bash this year and her and Willow had decided to sneak in this year. A couple guys asked Buffy to parties, but she just wasn’t interested. They were so… young. So… not Spike. And since when did she start comparing everyone to Spike?

Buffy shook her head. They hadn’t had any time together since Cecily had gotten home. Spike had spent most of his time at the office, and when he was home, Cecily was also there. And that equaled no Spike and Buffy time. She wanted his touch again. She craved it like a drug. And she also wasn’t happy that they had spent time together in the same bed. She didn’t know if they’d had sex, and she didn’t really want to think about whether they had or not.

Buffy took a deep breath, plastered a smile on her face, and strolled into the Halloween shop. There was Willow looking at the costumes.

“So Wills, looking for something that will make Xander drool?” Buffy asked as she sauntered up. Everyone but Xander knew of the long time crush that Willow had on him. And it was so painfully obvious that lately Buffy just wanted to hit them over the head with something and lock them in a room together until they figured it all out.

Willow looked up and blushed profusely. “I don’t know Buffy. How about the ghost?” Willow held up what looked like a bed sheet with eye holes cut out.

“Willow, that’s a bed sheet.” She steered her towards the more provocative costumes. She picked one up and held it out to Willow. “French maid?”

Willow blushed again, this time brighter. “Uhh, Buffy, I don’t think so. I wouldn’t look good in something like that.”

“Nonsense. Nothing says, ‘Jump my bones!’ like the good ol’ French maid costume.”

“J-j-jumping?” Willow stuttered. “There will be no jumping of my bones. Or any bones. No bone jumping at all.”

Buffy just raised here eyebrows.

Willow sighed. “Its not like he’ll notice me anyway. He’s busy drooling all over Cordelia’s shoes.”

“Well don’t worry, we’ll find you the right costume.” Buffy picked up another one. “Here’s a belly dancer. Ooh, or a hooker.”

“I don’t think so Buffy.”

“C’mon Wills. Halloween is the one night a year we can dress up in skanky costumes and not have to worry about it. Take these and try and it on.” Buffy shoved her towards the dressing room and turned to look at the costumes. She needed something sexy that would catch Spike’s eye.

Didn’t Giles say once he went through some punk biker phase?

* * *

Buffy walked into Willow’s house, not even bothering to knock. Her parents were away, like they always were. “Willow!” Buffy shouted out into the almost empty house. She caught sight of herself in the full length mirror that was hanging in the entry way.

In the end she decided to go for the costume which she already had most of the pieces. She did look like a cool biker chick. She’d bought some temporary blood red hair dye and streaked big chunky pieces of her hair. She also bought the black mesh shirt she had on over her red tube top. She already had the black leather skirt, black leather jacket and chunky knee high boots. All in all, she looked pretty good. Silently she hoped that Spike thought she looked hot too. Maybe it would remind him of his rebel punk days.

Willow walked out of her room in the sexy witch costume Buffy finally coaxed her into buying. Long and billowy sleeves, with definite cleavage, short skirt, and of course, the witch hat.

“Wills, you look awesome!”

Willow pulled her shirt up slightly, trying to hide some cleavage. “I don’t know Buffy, I’m just not comfortable.”

“It’s Halloween. The one night a year, we can dress completely different and not have to worry about it. Besides, you look hot.”

Willow shrugged. “Okay.”

“So lets head out.” Buffy slung her arm through Willow’s and headed towards the Bronze. Where hopefully Spike would see her and start to drool.

* * *

Spike sighed to himself as he looked in the mirror again. He didn’t really feel like going to this party at Wicked, but he promised his friend Gunn he would. It was suppose to be a bash.

Plus he knew Buffy would be there. He’d overhead her talking to Willow on the phone about sneaking in. He knew as a parental figure he should be outraged, but he really wanted to see her when Cecily wasn’t around.

Spike sighed as he look in the mirror again. His hair was gelled into spikes. He’d pulled out his old leather duster, put on his ripped band concert shirt, a bunch of silver jewelry, his heavy chain with padlock, torn faded blue jeans, and some Doc Martens. With a few more well placed safety pins he was done.

He knew he shouldn’t be doing this. He should be at the company Halloween party, playing nice with his wife and her father, but he just couldn’t stay away from Buffy for much longer. He sighed to himself again, and left.

When Spike got to the club, the party was already in full swing. He made his way to the table he saw his friend Gunn, and his wife Fred at, dressed in matching pirate outfits.

“Hey mate,” Spike said as he slipped into his seat. “Nice costume.” He signaled the waitress to come take his order. “Where’s Wes?”

“Not here yet man,” Gunn took a sip of his beer. “Cecily isn’t gonna be here with you is she?” Gunn was another lawyer that worked with them at the law firm. He knew of Cecily’s recent reign of terror and wasn’t in the mood to take her shit outside of work.

“Nah mate, she went to the company party.” He and Gunn had both opted for the party that had live music, and no Cecily or Mr. Addams to ruin the mood.

As Spike waited for his drink, Buffy stepped in, eyes slowly scanning until she found Spike sitting with his friends. Buffy grabbed a table close enough to Spike she could keep an eye on him, but he wouldn’t be able to see her.

“Hey you want anything to drink?” Buffy asked.

“Coke?” Willow asked.

Buffy nodded and headed up to the bar. She ordered herself a beer and after the bartender eyed her like he knew she shouldn’t be here, finally handed it over.

“Hey man,” Gunn said. “Isn’t that Buffy over there with a beer?”

Spike looked over at Buffy and almost fell out of his chair. He smiled at her choice of attire. She had dressed for him. And later tonight he would let her know how much he appreciated it.

Buffy had dragged Willow out to the dance floor as the were currently gyrating up against each other. They had attracted a rather large crowd of males around them. Spike stopped himself from running to her and pulling her out of the crowd and staking his claim to her. But that would be of the not good.

“God I’m even thinking like her now,” Spike muttered to himself. He watched as she swayed to the music, getting lost in it. The song called to him.

how can you see into my eyes like open doors
leading you down into my core
where I’ve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home


Buffy knew he was looking at her and reveled in the jealousy she could see radiating off his face.


(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become


Well good. Now he knew how she felt when she saw him going into the same room with Cecily every night. Not knowing what they were doing behind closed doors. Seeing him in her mind, touching her, loving her, doing things to Cecily that she wanted him to do to her own body.


now that I know what I’m without
you can't just leave me
breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life


Wishing he was sleeping next her, cuddled up to her like after the night they’d spent together.

But she couldn’t think like that. Because he wasn’t about soft caresses or cuddling. It was about the things he could do to her, the reaction her body had to his. It was about pleasure. And she knew when she seduced him into her bed that he was a married man and therefore emotionally unavailable.


(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become


But that didn’t keep her from wanting it.


Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life

frozen inside without your touch
without your love darling only you are the life among the dead

all this time I can't believe I couldn't see
kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
got to open my eyes to everything
without a thought without a voice without a soul
don't let me die here
there must be something more
bring me to life


Buffy locked eyes with him, and she knew he heard the lyrics too. Felt them in his bones.


(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become

(Bring me to life)
I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside
(Bring me to life)


Buffy dragged herself off the dance floor and ordered another beer. She chugged the first half before she’d even made it back to her table to sit down, where Faith was currently occupying a seat.

“Hey B. Shakin’ your money maker?”

Buffy plastered on a fake smile. At least she knew she’d caught one red-blooded male’s attention. “Yup. This is way better than the Bronze.”

“Yeah plus that sexy hunk of man meat that’s your legal guardian wouldn’t be here,” Faith said with a smirk.

Buffy tried to stop herself from looking like a fish out of water, but knew she wasn’t pulling it off. “I- uh- um, yeah. Damn.”

Faith nodded. “The sexual tension could be cut with butter.” In an uncharacteristically affectionate display, Faith put her hand on Buffy’s. “Just be careful okay B? You could be in for a world of hurt. And me, I know a thing or two about fucked up relationships. It’s not easy getting out of.”

Buffy sighed and nodded her head. “Just don’t say anything all right?”

“I don’t know a thing. Now why don’t we go gyrate our hot little bodies up against each other and see how many stiffs we can get to drool all over our hot bodies?” Faith asked, strutting her skin tight barely there cheerleader’s uniform.

Buffy broke out into a smile and skipped back to the dance floor with Faith.

* * *

Finally. She was leaving. Spike could barely stand it anymore. She’d been dancing with the other bird long enough to drive him bonkers. He was hard as nails, and was using all his self control not to pull her into the men’s room and fuck her ‘til she was screamin’ his name. Moments after she said her good night to her friends, Spike barked his goodbye’s and was gone. He found her out in the parking lot sitting on the hood of his DeSoto, waiting for him.

Spike didn’t so much as look around as he pulled Buffy to him and crashed his lips to hers Her legs immediately went around his waist and she kissed him back.

“Been to long,” Spike gasped out between kisses. He reveled in the taste of her on his tongue. He ground his rock hard erection into her already sodden core. He could feel her heat through the denim of his blue jeans, driving him wild.

Spike picked her up and carried her over to the back door, fumbling with the handle. He finally got it unlocked, pushing her back on the seat. Not even bothering to shut the door, he pushed her skirt up to her hips, and pulled her underwear aside. He unzipped, freeing his hard cock. He slammed into her before she could protest.

Buffy sighed at the feeling of being filled up. This is what she had been waiting for. When they were like this, there was nothing else in the world. Nothing else mattered except the two of them. Her parents’ deaths, her loneliness, just melted away. She was complete.

“Oh God, Spike, yes…”

Spike started to move within her, and reveled in the feel of her around his cock, squeezing him. “So bloody tight. Squeezing me. Love the feel of your pussy on my cock.”

Buffy brain couldn’t make words form as his dirty talk drove her crazier with lust. “Unngg…”

Spike rumbled a little laugh. “Yeah you love it when I talk to ya like that? Can feel you drenchin’ me with your juices.” Spike thrust a little harder into her, angling it so he hit the small spongy bundle of nerves. He knew this wasn’t going to last very long, it’d been to long since he’d been inside her delectable pussy.

“Come for me kitten, m’not gonna last very long.” He reached down between them to flick her clit, hoping it would help push her along. When he felt Buffy’s muscles tighten around him he thrust into her harder, and let himself spill inside her with a strangled moan of her name.

Buffy giggled.

“You know laughin’ like that just might make a bloke feel a little self- conscious,” Spike said as he inhaled her scent. It was all around them.

“Uh, well the door isn’t even shut.”

“Bloody hell!” Spike pulled all of himself into the back seat and finally shut the door. He turned to look at her.

“Just been to long I guess, huh sweetling?”

Buffy smiled at the new nickname. “Yeah. Let’s not go that long again, like, ever okay?”

Spike smiled.

Yup, he was truly, completely buggered.




**A.N. Lyrics are Evanescence, Bring Me To Life (feat. Paul McCoy)**