Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful reviews! Makes me so happy. For those of you who begged for an update real soon, here it is! Hope you like! Oh and Thanks so much to Tammy who figured out why the server wouldn't let me post!
Concerned for her friend, Willow Rosenberg did something totally out of character, something that defied everything she was, something that she had never done before. She skipped a class.

Hurrying up the two flights of stairs as quickly as possible, she burst through the door and fell into the room. “Buffy? Ok, you can come out now. I do have eyes and I can plainly see the lump underneath the comforter. So, either you are hiding or we need to call maintenance for some strange bed-lumping infestation.” Plopping down on her own bed, Willow waited patiently for Buffy to show herself. Thankfully, she didn’t have to wait to long for her blonde hair to poke out from beneath its protective cocoon. Once she was free of cover, Willow took in the puffy eyes, reddened cheeks and all together disheveled state of distress that was Buffy; she also spied the tube that was clutched in her hands. “It must be pretty bad; you broke out the cookie dough.” Clucking sympathetically, Willow crossed the little room and perched next to her sniffling best friend. “Wanna tell me about it? I mean, I did skip class to come check on you.”

“Color me shocked. Should we get Ripley’s on the phone?” Buffy replied sarcastically, even though a smile finally found its way onto her face. “So, how big of a freak did I look like in class?”

“On a scale of one to ten…I’d have to go with a twelve, maybe.” Willow rubbed her arm where Buffy had playfully smacked it and was pleased to see her joking around. “Course, you can always claim sickness, then give gory details when Giles starts asking questions.” Reaching out, she carefully plucked the nearly empty roll of raw chocolate chip dough from Buffy’s clutches and sat it on the nightstand. “Spill it. What actually caused you to flee from class and don’t say its residual fear of not finishing your paper because the darn things not due until Monday anyway. Giles pushed it back a couple days since that guy came into town, doesn’t want to spend all of his time grading papers.’

“Oh, well…at least there’s something in the good category for the day.” Buffy replied wryly as she picked imaginary lint off of her blanket. “That guy, William. Er…well, he’s kinda the problem.”

“Yes, I could see how drop dead gorgeous could be a problem for you.” At Buffy’s shocked expression, she added, “What? I’m gay, not blind!”

“True enough. He is pretty hot, huh?” Dropping the blanket, Buffy chewed on her nails in anxiety; a terrible habit that she had tried to break over the years and had almost succeeded until today. “Hearing him called William threw me off; you see I know him as Spike. He…um…was my first…well, everything. First real kiss, first romantic date, and first guy to give me roses, first sexual thingy and first…love; and…and, I haven’t seen him in a little over three years. Seeing him today was just too much, I had to get outta there.”

“Oh, Buffy, of course you did. I just couldn’t imagine what you must have been going through. I mean, three years ago is a long time, but he was your first and you never forget them, no matter how hard you try.” Willow wrapped her arms around Buffy and rode out the next wave of tears as she cried on her shoulder. When the sobs started to desist, Willow asked, “Do you want to tell me about what happened between you guys?”

“I don’t know, really. It’s like a really long and complicated story and honestly, I’m afraid of what you might think of me afterwards.” Leaning back, Buffy grabbed the box of tissues off the windowsill and wiped at her runny nose.

“Hey now! There will be no judging. No sir, totally open-minded Willow at your service.” By the time Buffy finished her story, Willow was slack jawed with amazement. “Holy cow, I figured it would be chock full of drama, but…wow.” Silence fell over the room as Willow appeared to be lost in thought; her face scrunched slightly in an all too familiar expression that Buffy had come to know as her ‘thinking face’. “Oh my goddess!” She whispered as whatever she was mentally searching for finally hit her. Jumping off the bed, she fell to the floor and started digging around under her bed; where she triumphantly produced a well-worn book from a hidden container. Showing it to Buffy, she exclaimed, “You’re her! I so can’t believe it. You are totally Elizabeth!”

“Um, ok…Huh?” Buffy asked, reaching out to take the book from Willow’s hands as she bounced slightly from excitement. Looking down at the frayed book cover, she found that what she was holding was Spike’s book; the one that Rupert had been talking about in class, the Twilight Chronicles.

“He wrote about you, Buffy! Changed the names of course, but the story is pretty much the same. Well, except the part about the main guy in it is a vampire. Of course, that could be his way of symbolizing how he preyed on you since you were a virgin and so much younger than him, right?”

“Again with the, huh?” Buffy asked again, dazed by what Willow was implying. Did Spike really think enough about her over the years to have written a book about their relationship? If he did, what did that mean? “I’ve never read this, ‘splainy please?”

“You so have to read it now! Really, you’re going to blow off your classes the rest of the day anyway, right?” Buffy’s snort and expression had no problem conveying her feelings of reading to Willow. “Fine, but it’s only the Cliff notes version. Or, rather the Willow notes version! See, Christian Cain is this main guy, who’s been a vampire for around two hundred years or something like that. Anyway, he’s searched for his true love that entire time with no avail. Then, he finds her in while she’s spending her summer vacation abroad and he falls madly in love with her despite the fact she’s teenager and follows her back to the States only to be broken up by the problems that arise there. See, Elizabeth is a called to be a Slayer, which means she’s predestined to kill his kind. It’s all terribly romantic. At the end of this book, wait…no, I’m not telling you, that way you have to read it.”

“You’re evil, but you already know that.” With the book still firmly grasped in her hand, Buffy crawled back under the covers and looked at Willow. “Don’t you have a class in like twenty minutes?” While her roommate raced around the room in search of her shoes, Buffy grabbed the roll of dough and settled back against the pillow; prepared to satisfy her depression with more chocolate and read Spike’s book.


After class, Willow decided to head downtown to Buffy’s favorite deli and pick up something more substantial to eat than raw cookie dough; figuring that her friend had probably not moved from the bed since she had left for class. Pushing open the glass door, causing the bell to announce her arrival, Willow stood in front of the register and waited for assistance while she pondered what she wanted to eat.

“It’s Miss Rosenberg, right?” Someone asked from behind Willow in a deep, British accent; startling her. Turning around, she was face to face with the man that she had spent the better part of the day talking about. “Um, yeah, that’s me. Willow. I mean, call me Willow. The other just sounds like my mom.”

“Right, then. Well, Willow, I saw you in here and wanted to ask about your friend. Is she all right?” Spike shuffled back and forth nervously as he waited for her answer.

“She’s fine, or as fine as you can be after eating a pound of dough. Oh and you can drop the act, I already know about the two of you.” Willow smiled at his shocked expression and thought, ’This guy is man-beautiful. Way better than…’ Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard him saying something, embarrassed she had to ask him to repeat himself.

“I was wondering what you knew, about me and Buffy exactly. What I’m asking is, ya’ know, wha’d she say about me?” He grinned sheepishly and all of the sudden felt like a blushing schoolboy.

“Yeah, pretty sure that there’s some kind of friend’s code of ethics that would strictly prohibit me telling you anything that Buffy said when I got home. I can say, however, that she’s not sick. Well, might be unless I bring her something other than pure sugar to eat for dinner.”

“So, you…uh…she told you about us?”

“To say the least,” Willow replied with a knowing smile. Sensing that he was truly worried about Buffy’s well-being, she reached out and touched him lightly on the arm. “She’ll be ok, just needs some time to recover from the shock of seeing you again after so long.”

“I can imagine. Um…I honestly didn’t know that she was going to school here. Last I was told she had gone away to college. I never meant to…upset Buffy.” Itching for a smoke, he dug around in his pocket and produced a pack of cigarettes; but Willow cleared her throat and pointed to a sign behind him. Turning around, Spike groaned when he spotted the no smoking sign and shoved the pack back into his pants. “Bloody well figures.”

Willow moved towards the counter and placed an order for two turkey sandwiches before turning her attention back to Spike, who amazingly looked even more crestfallen than he had when he had first approached her. Chewing her lip nervously, the wheels in Willow’s brain churned away. Biting the bullet, she said, “I think you should go to the Bronze tomorrow night, you know…for the Halloween party. Being new here and all, it would probably be a good thing to do.” Paying for the meal, Willow shoved the change into her pocket and headed for the door; where she paused and glanced over her shoulder at Spike. “You get my drift, right?”

“Yeah, Red, I hear what you’re saying. New guy in town needs to go out and mingle.” Smiling, he walked over to her and leaned over to hold open the door.

“Good, but whatever you do, do not tell Buffy that it was me that told you about the party. Don’t need her pissed at me, too.”

Promising to keep her secret safe, Spike perched on a nearby bench for a smoke and watched as Buffy’s friend disappeared from his sight. From the direction Willow was heading, he surmised that she and Buffy more than likely lived on campus and briefly contemplated following her home. Deciding against going in to full stalker mode, he snuffed out his cigarette, tossed it into a nearby trash can and headed to his car that was parked in the opposite direction.

Once he got home, Spike rummaged around in the fridge for a beer and chugged half of it down before flopping down on the couch with a dejected sigh. His mind was still reeling from the day’s events as he replayed the moment where their eyes had connected in the crowded classroom. It was as if the air had been sucked out of the room making it very difficult to breathe, the classroom melted away until the only thing he was aware of was her.

Buffy was still beautiful; there was no question about that, the years had allowed her features to mature and become rounded in just the right places. Just the mental image of her perfectly curved ass hidden away beneath a pair of tight indigo blue jeans had his cock straining against his own pants. While there hadn’t been anything wrong with Buffy’s posterior before, it was downright luscious now. Of course, the rest of her was quite spectacular as well. The once long honey blonde locks had been sheared so that they now fell just below her shoulders; and a hint of platinum was woven through streaking the stands with light.

Spike closed his eyes and thought back to their weekend together, recalled the tinkle of laughter as he tickled her madly, the rosy hue that flushed her body as his lips flittered across the golden skin, and how she had grimaced when he praised her small, yet perfectly globed breasts as his tongue flicked across the turgid nipples; claiming they were too small and made her look like a little girl. Spike smiled as he pictured her in his mind and thought that Buffy must feel pretty good about herself now a day since her breasts definitely didn’t belong on a little girl’s body. Tucked away behind a form fitting black sweater, the swell of her breasts called to him; begging to be treated as they had been so many years ago.

Realizing that reminiscing over Buffy wasn’t going to get him anything other than the raging hard on he was already sporting, Spike tilted the bottle back and drained out the last dregs of beer then pushed off the couch and headed into the kitchen for another beer before he went to his bedroom to do something constructive, find something to wear for the costume party; which would take a while since most of his clothing was still tucked away in boxes. With a groan, he took a sip of beer and decided to go ahead and unpack; glancing around the room, he decided it was going to be a long night.


The next afternoon, after a series of grueling classes that had included one horrendous test and the most boring lecture in the history of lectures, Buffy was finally able to concentrate on getting ready for the Halloween party. With rollers in her hair and dressed only in her undergarment; which for the night consisted of white thigh highs, delicate white underpants with a frilly lace bottom and a matching lace corset. Laid out on her bed was the costume she had painstakingly pieced together, a red and white gingham dress with a lace petticoat, both of which barely brushed the tops of her thighs, a long red satin cape and black patent leather Mary Jane’s. All put together with a dainty basket and Buffy felt she would make one hell of a Little Red Riding Hood.

“Hey Buff!” Willow announced as she closed the bedroom door, costume in hand. “So, you ready for tonight? Girl’s night out! WooHoo!”

“Yeah, but how is it fair that since it’s GNO that you still get to bring a date? Kinda not fair if you ask me.” Stepping away from the mirror, Buffy picked up the dress and slid it carefully over her head as to not disturb the rollers.

“See, that’s just one of the perks of being a lesbian. Do you still want to go tonight?” Willow motioned for Buffy to turn around so that she could help her get the dress zipped up. “Could this be any tighter?”

“Thanks, and yes…I want to go out tonight, even if I have to be the third wheel. This is like the one night in the past month that I get to go out alone, well, not alone…just not with Riley and I’m not wasting it. I just want to go out dressed like a slutty storybook character and dance until I can no longer feel my feet, is that such a bad thing?” Flopping down on the bed, she started pulling on her shoes and eyeballed Willow who was still dressed in her regular clothes.

“You know I wasn’t talking about Riley, Buffy. Why would I, when yesterday’s surprise is so much better?”

“We are so not talking about Spike. It’s off the table for discussion, at least until I figure out what in the hell to do about him all of the sudden popping back into my life.” Growling in frustration, Buffy stood up and put her hands on her hips. “Now get dressed! No more talky about Spikey, ok?”

“Fine, but you’re gonna have to eventually.” Feigning defeat, Willow quickly put on her Joan of Arc costume and suffered through the huffs and puffs coming from Buffy as she pouted about Spike. “Tara’s going to meet us there and is more than likely standing around outside looking awkward because we’re already running late; we’d better skedaddle.” Once she finished buckling the last clasp on her belt, Willow held out her hand and said, “Off we go, then!”

“I’m so excited! Halloween is totally my absolute fave holiday. We’re just going to have the bestest time, I just know it!” Buffy exclaimed as Willow just grinned and thought, Oh, you just don’t have a clue how much fun you’re gonna have, Buffy!