Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, thanks for the reviews I did get, but I'm wondering why there weren't as many as usual. Was it because it was smutty and you don't know what to say. I have that problem sometimes. Just wondering really. As long as you guys like it, I'm good!

Oh and I've decided to dedicate this chapter to Pam S. Looking forward to the game this weekend! I've got my lucky Auburn underwear ready to go! Hope they haven't fizzled out! LoL! War Eagle!


On another note, anyone reading Lose Control...I want to offer up my sincere apologies on the whole lack of updates issue. Muse is being bitchy on that one, I know what I want the story to do and it just doens't seem to be flowing. I figure I'll finish this one since its nearing an end and then bust my butt to work on LC! Please don't leave me! It will be finished, I promise, no staying a WIP for me!

Thanks again, guys!
The walk back to the dorms was miserable. Although the worst of the storms had long since passed, the ground was soaked and a light drizzle sprinkled from the darkened sky. Kicking at a stray soda bottle, Buffy cringed when it miraculously landed in a puddle and splashed murky water onto her pants legs. “Figures,” she muttered to herself with a sigh, “Cheating on your fiancé is bound to make your karma all wonky. Course, if I don’t find that stupid ring, things are going to proceed to wonky and continue on to insane. How in the heck do I tell Riley I lost my engagement ring? Bad news all around.”

Dripping onto the carpet, Buffy stood in the doorway of their room and was surprised to find Willow lounging on her bed since she normally spent the weekends with Tara. “Morning,” she grumbled, wincing when the door slammed behind her, not realizing she had shut it with so much force. “What’re you doing here?”

“Uh...hello? Live here.” Willow replied with a smile, “The real question is why you haven’t been here?”

“Wow, so don’t want to get into that story right now.” Buffy frowned and started to sit on the bed, deciding not to since she was drenched. Tugging the sweater over her head, she tossed it across the room, where it landed with a mushy plop on the floor next to the laundry basket. Kicking off her boots, the rest of her clothes soon followed. Wrapping her robe around her tightly, she asked, “What time are we supposed to be at the shop?” New inventory had arrived at the Magic Shop and they had both promised to come in on Sunday and help Anya restock.

“You’ve got a couple of hours, promised Xander we’d be there by ten.” Willow stated, eyeballing the clock and then her weary looking roommate. “Go grab a shower. Looks like you are in desperate need of one. Then…maybe you’ll feel like telling me where you were all night. You know, since I waited here all worried-like and took the liberty of making up one hell of an excuse for your fiancé who called here non-stop until midnight.”

“Oh God!” Buffy exclaimed; her hand clapped across her gaping mouth and face visibly paling as she sank onto the bed. “I didn’t even think about him. What’d you tell him?”

“Violent case of the stomach flu…really gross and unappealing; coming out both ends…eventually, he got the hint and said he’d stop by today and check on you.” Willow sat up and turned to Buffy. “So, were you with Spike?”

“Yes,” Buffy groaned and flopped back onto the bed with her arms covering her face in shame. “Ugh…what in the world was I thinking? Uber tramp, much? How am I ever going to face Riley?”

“Easy…you say ‘Riley, I can’t marry you because I am totally head over heels bonkers in love with someone else.’ Pretty easy. Oh, and your welcome for the cover story.”

Buffy sprang up from the bed and threw her hands up in frustration. “Oh, right…easy. So, you call breaking a man’s heart, a man you’ve been dating since the very first day of my Freshman year, a man you’re planning on marrying in like six months…easy? Not so much, Wills.” Stopping the nervous pacing, she turned and said, “Plus, I’m not breaking up with him. Why would you think that? Last night was just a huge mistake, something that needed to get out of my system. No more Spikey for Buffy, no sir. Just have to be all avoido-girl and quit…like…cold turkey.” With a satisfied shake of her head, Buffy grabbed her toiletry bag and headed to the door. Looking back over her shoulder, she spied the dismayed look on Willow’s face and asked, “What? What’s with the face?”

“Nothing…no wait, it’s not nothing!” Willow exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. “You got groiny with Spike; doesn’t that mean anything to you? Look, I don’t want to Miss Meany-pants, but it must’ve meant something, right?”

“It did.” She finally whispered after a moment, looking down at the suddenly very interesting pink and white stripped bag in her hands. “I just don’t know what, just yet.” Before Willow could say anything else, Buffy hurried out and headed towards the bathroom for a much needed shower.

Willow was irritated, to say the least. She had thought that Buffy had finally gained enough sense to realize that she was not in love with Riley; not even a little bit. Sure, he was a nice enough guy! Treated her best friend with respect and was a total gentleman, but can you say…boring? There wasn’t the least amount of spark between the two of them; might as well be brother and sister. Sighing, she leaned back on the bed and closed her eyes; figuring a quick nap would make her feel better after staying up most of the night waiting for Buffy. Just as sleep was about to take over, the phone ringed. Growling, she rolled over to answer it, muttering, “I’m gonna scream if it’s Riley again.” Resting the phone on her shoulder, she answered, “Hello?”

“Lo there, Red. Sorry to bother you, but is Buffy ‘round?” On the other end of the line, Spike mentally cursed himself for being nervous about calling Buffy and was frantically searching for a cigarette to calm his nerves.

“She’s in the shower.” Grinning devilishly, Willow decided to pull out the big guns and ask, “So how was your night, Spike?” When the obvious sounds of Spike coughing uncomfortably came across the line, she was unable to control her laughter. “What? We girls tell each other everything. Don’t tell me you didn’t know that?”

“Just wasn’t expecting you to ask, is all.” Spike replied dryly. “But, to answer your question…yes, I had a wonderful time that is ‘til I woke up alone.”

“Ouch. That had to bruise the male ego, huh? So, what you’re saying is that you really need to talk to Buffy, but she may not willingly come to the phone, right?” The devious wheels in Willow’s brain were chugging along and she knew if she played her cards right, her original plan just might work.

“I guess you could put it that way, Red. Might I ask why you’re helping me though? Thought that being Buffy’s best mate meant not diddling around with her affairs.”

“Well, when you don’t think that the person she’s with is the right one for her, then I think it’s perfectly acceptable to step in and try to…help fix the situation, don’t you?” A small sliver of guilt crept into Willow’s mind and for a split second she thought about just letting the whole plan go, to let Buffy settle on Riley. “Anyway, look…we’re supposed to help at Giles’s store this afternoon; big shipment and all. Buffy will be there sans Riley, if you get my drift. Please tell me you aren’t as empty headed as he is and can actually understand what I’m telling-- Oh, I’m sorry, but you seem to have the wrong number.” Willow sputtered out as Buffy returned from the bathroom. She heard a very confused Spike on the other end of the phone and hoped he would figure out what happened and not call back. “Wrong number!”

“Yeah, ok. Um…listen; I’m going to leave early if that’s all right. Maybe go see Riley first. You don’t mind, do you?” Buffy asked hesitantly as she rummaged through her closet for something nice to wear. ’Hmm…wonder what you wear to see your fiancé after you cheat on him? Very tricky.’ Deciding on her new knee length brown leather skirt and cream colored light weight sweater with brown knee boots, Buffy quickly dressed and started putting on makeup.

“If I must, then I guess so. This way I can take a nap, which is of the good.” Willow rolled over and set her alarm clock before pulling up a blanket. “See you later.”

Thirty minutes later, Buffy found herself planted in front of her mother’s house since Riley hadn’t been home; unfortunately, her mom wasn’t available either. Not sure what to do, she aimlessly drove around town and tried to figure out what she was going to say to Riley. ’Should I just keep the whole thing with Spike a secret or tell him and hope he still wants me? If I play the secretive role and he finds out later, like after the wedding, would that be worse?’ Buffy chewed her lip nervously and continued to plague her mind with questions. ’Do I want to stay with him anyway? What about Spike? Ugh…what to do, what to do?

Eventually, it was time to work, so she headed to the Magic Shop. Climbing out of the car, she went inside and was shocked speechless when she spotted Spike perched on a bar stool next to Anya, who was busy entering items into the new computer behind the counter.

“Well, it’s about time you decided to show up.” Anya announced with a disapproving scowl, “It’s a good thing you don’t actually work for me, punctuality is very important. Hmm…there’s something different about you today, Buffy. What is it?” Anya ticked her finger against her chin while she contemplated; not really noticing the wide-eyed deer in headlights look that was currently pasted on the tiny blonde’s face. “Ah-ha! You had sex…or, at least one hell of an orgasm. Am I right?”

“Ahn! What did we say about topics that are inappropriate to discuss in public?” Xander chimed in from the bookshelves before Buffy could find the right answer to that question. “Plus, you know she and Riley decided to wait until they got hitched before doing any horizontal mambo, right Buff?”

“I…uh…um…you see….I…” Buffy babbled, frozen to the floor in embarrassment; her face blushing in a furious red blaze. Unintentionally, her eyes locked with Spike’s, which were filled with questions and something else unidentifiable. How in the world would she manage to get out of this one?

“Waiting ‘til marriage, yeah?” Spike chimed in sarcastically, curling his tongue behind his lip since he knew it drove Buffy wild. Finding out that she hadn’t had sex with Riley was pretty much like the icing on top of the cake. “Don’t you know you’re supposed to take the car for a test drive before purchase?”

“Shut up, Spike! It’s none of your business.” Buffy replied angrily, tossing her purse onto the table where Willow and Tara sat; silently taking in everything that was going on. “And, why are you here, anyway?”

“Heard ol’ Rupes needed some assistance today, thought I’d offer my…services.” Spike replied cheekily, pushing off the stool to lean one elbow onto the glass countertop; thoroughly amused at the obvious state of anxiety Buffy was currently in. “Don’t tell me that you couldn’t use my services, pet.”

“There will be no having of any services, Spike!” Buffy huffed, crossing her arms across her chest protectively. “Plus, I’m pretty sure that no one here wants anything you have to offer.”

“Oh, don’t be so sure about that, kitten.” He replied softly. Reaching into his pocket, Spike pulled out something shiny; which he held up ever so slightly so that only Buffy would be able to see what it was. “I’m pretty sure there might be something I have that you want, yeah?”

Buffy’s heart thundered loudly in her chest and she felt as though her entire world was suddenly spinning wildly out of control. ‘My ring! How did he get it and why didn’t he let me know last night!?’ “Um…right…ok, assistance needed…back room…there’s boxes, heavy ones…I’ll show you!” She stammered, forcing herself not to meet the curious gazes around the room as she hurried past Spike towards the stock room.

“Not so sure I like that guy.” Xander announced when Spike disappeared into the stock room with Buffy.

“Really don’t think it’s you he’s worried about liking him, Xan.” Anya replied as she took a seat next to her fiancé; who seemed confused. “His only concern is Buffy. Please tell me I’m not the only one that picked up on that tension.”

“That’d be the short version of the story.” Willow piped up as she doodled on a scrap piece of paper. “But, it’s a story that’s not mine to tell. So, ready to put our work hats on?”

“Very much so, but all the new inventory is in the back…with them.” Irritation rolled off Anya who always looked forward to anything that meant work or money; preferably both. “Now what are we going to do? Who knows how long they’re going to be back there…they’d better not be having sex in my stock room!”

“Come on, Ahn…there’s not going to be any of the sex back there. Didn’t you see how mad Buffy was at him? Plus, she wouldn’t do that to Riley!” Xander soothingly rubbed Anya’s back in attempts to make her feel better; oblivious to the disbelieving look plastered on Willow’s face. “So, who’s up for doughnuts?”

While the rest of the gang locked up and headed down the street for coffee and doughnuts, Spike was holed up in the dank stock room with a seriously agitated Buffy. Deciding he liked it when she was angry, liking the adorable flush that crept into her cheeks, he dangled the necklace in front of her and asked, “So, pet…care to tell me what this is about?”

“Gimme that, Spike!” Buffy cried, jumping at him in attempts to grab the necklace out of his hand. She should’ve known he wouldn’t give in that easy; holding the jewelry higher out of her reach. “Where’d you find it?”

“Not bloody likely, luv! Finders keepers, yeah? This pretty lil’ bauble was tangled around a seatbelt in m’car; makes it mine, right? Nope, can’t have it jus’ yet. First, you’re going to explain to me exactly what in the bleeding hell is going through that thick skull of yours! Is this what I think it is? Are you engaged?” Spike fumed, cramming the coveted object into his pocket and stalking towards Buffy; who cowered at his anger and ended up backing herself into a corner. Inches apart, Spike’s temper was on edge as he waited rather patiently for her to answer; her eyes watered, but she remained silent. Finally, she nodded her head ever so slightly and Spike felt his heart break. “That’s just perfect!” He shouted, turning away from Buffy. “If you belong to someone else, then what in the sodding hell were you doing in my bed last night?”

“I don’t know.” Buffy whispered, tears spilling across her face. “I…I’m sorry, Spike…it just happened.” Cautiously she stepped behind Spike, feeling the hurt and anger radiating from his leather clad body. Reaching out, she put one hand lightly on his back and started, “Please tell me…”

“Tell you what, luv?” Spike growled, turning on her in an instant and pushing her against the wall. “Tell you I forgive you? Is that what you want? ‘s not gonna happen, because I don’t regret what we did, unlike you, yeah?

“What I do want to know is if you love him enough to marry him…why’d you come to me? Need a bit of rough and tumble before the big day? Or maybe, maybe…you just wanted to string me along just in case Captain Cardboard can’t give it to you right and proper; keep me close by to make you scream when he can’t.”

“That’s not it, Spike!” Buffy whispered; his face was barely inches away from hers, his hot breath trickling down on her skin, his unique scent invading her senses. “It’s just…that…God, I don’t know why. It was a mistake! A mistake of gigantic proportions and I feel horrible!” Tears flowed freely down her face now, chest heaving with a mixture of sorrow and arousal; shame filled her heart at the very notion that she was turned on by the passion in his voice and eyes.

“All right then, pet. ‘s a mistake, I can live with that.” Spike murmured; his head ducked low so that his lips barely touched the outside of her ear when he talked; one arm pushed against the wall while the other lingered on her side, his thumb idly rubbing circles on her hip. “Tell me you love him and I’ll leave you alone, luv. Won’t hear a peep out of me if you can do that one thing. So, do you?”

“Of course! I mean, he’s sweet and caring and warm, all the things a girl could want in a husband. He’s like my best friend.” Buffy exclaimed, trembling in his arms.

“’s not what I asked, luv.” Spike smirked, his tongue darting out to trace the delicate skin just below her earlobe. He heard her breath hitch and knew he hit the sweet spot, the one area of Buffy’s body that was sure to arouse her if touched just right. His hand lowered to her thigh, disappearing below her skirt to caress the supple skin of her legs. “Tell me you want me, Buffy. Tell me you want this, right here.”

“I…I shouldn’t, Spike…we shouldn’t…its wrong.” Buffy stammered, her hands coming up to clench around the lapels of his duster. “I…don’t…” She started, trying to tell him she didn’t want his advances, but was betrayed by her body’s reaction to his touch.

“Don’t want me? I don’t think so, luv.” His lips danced lightly across her neck, his tongue dipping seductively into the hollow at the base of her throat. Spike smiled against her skin when he felt her open her legs wider to allow him entrance; which he gratefully took. Sliding his hand further up her skirt, Spike pushed aside the scrap of material she called underwear and teased her dripping folds with his fingers. “Tell me that sweet lil’ quim of yours doesn’t drip with anticipation when you’re with me. You know you want me; Buffy…all you have to do is say the words.” Stubborn as always, Buffy remained silent, barely offering up a moan when he eased two fingers inside her; thrusting them in and out until she was teetering on the edge, seconds away from coming completely undone. Letting his fingers slip from her heat, Spike smirked when Buffy finally allowed a whimper to escape. Teasing her mercilessly, he lightly brushed against her swollen nub and whispered, “Say what I want to hear and I’ll let you come, Buffy. Tell me you want me.”

“I…I…want you,” Buffy choked out, her voice breaking with emotion. Her entire body shook as she forced herself to say the only thing that would make him leave, “but, I…I love…him.” The last word came out so soft she barely heard herself, but judging by the expression on Spike’s face, she knew he had heard it. With a roar of fury, an animalistic cry of sorrow and anger, he pushed away from her so hard that the shelves shook from the force, causing Buffy to cry out in surprise. “Spike, wait!” She shouted, reaching out to get him to stay; the hole in her heart tripling in size at the tears on his face. Her eyes were wide as he reached into his pocket and produced her necklace, tossing it onto the floor in front of her with a look of pure heartbreak. When he stormed out of the stock room, a swirling tornado of black leather, Buffy slid down onto the floor into a heap of tears.