Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, thank you so much for all of the wonderful reviews! I am so glad that you all seem to like this story so far. This chapter is a bit short, but I am about to leave work and really wanted to post something. Thanks again and please don't be shy about letting me know what you think!!!
“Oh…um…hey!?” Buffy stammered, thrown off by Spike’s ‘cutie’ comment. “Spike, right? I’m Buffy.” Sticking her hand out, Buffy shook his hand and tried to ignore the heat that flushed her entire body the moment their hands connected. Knowing that her face must be flaming red only caused Buffy’s skin to deepen in color. ‘Oh my Gods, he is way hotter than Cordy described!’

“Ah, yes…the much talked about, Buffy. ‘s very nice to finally meet you.” Bringing Buffy’s hand to his lips, Spike placed a feather light kiss to the soft skin and smiled brightly when he noticed her blush furiously.

“Oh, um…you too,” Buffy managed to eek out, her hand still firmly grasped in Spike’s. Thankfully, she was saved from further embarrassment when Cordelia burst through the back door.

“Buffy! It’s about time you got here!” Cordelia exclaimed as she darted across the room, grabbed Buffy’s other hand and started pulling her towards the back door; mindless of Spike’s presence in the foyer. “You will so never guess who just called to see what we were doing tonight.”

“Who?” Buffy asked distractedly, turning her head slightly to glance back to where Spike remained. Offering a timid smile in his direction, Buffy’s stomach erupted with butterflies when he returned her gesture with an added wink before heading towards the kitchen.

“Hello? Earth to Buffy…are you even listening to me?” Cordelia huffed, “I’m trying to tell you that we have got a double date with like the hottest guys in town and you’re all space cadet-Buffy.”

“Huh…what? I’m sorry, Cordy.” Flopping down on the chaise lounge next to Cordelia, Buffy asked, “Dates? Who…us?”

“Duh, that’s what I was trying to tell you. Anyway, now that I have your attention, Doyle called and wanted to take me to his fraternity party tonight. Well, of course I said no since we had plans; but, then he said that one of his friends thought you were totally hot and you will never guess who you are going out with tonight. Angel O’Connor , that’s who!! Remember that luscious looking babe that was with Doyle at the mall last week?” At this point in the conversation, Cordelia was practically bouncing up and down with excitement. “Anyway, they’ll be here at seven to pick us up.”

“A party…a college party? Cordy, I am not even remotely prepared for that! I thought we were going to the movies, so I only packed jeans and stuff!”

“No worries, I’m sure there is something for you to wear in my closet.” Cordelia informed her; pleased as punch that she finally had complete control over what her best friend wore that night. Although she loved Buffy with all of her heart, her friend’s lack of a sense of fashion often bugged Cordelia. While the curvaceous brunette loved to adorn her body in the latest couture of the fashion world; the petite blonde preferred to wear blue jeans and tank tops or T-shirts any chance she got.

“Yeah, that’ll work; because your clothes will look superb on my scrawny ass.” Buffy retorted wryly as she peeled off her jean shorts and t-shirt to reveal a fire engine red string bikini. “Well, at the very least I can show up with a glowing tan, right?!”


Upstairs in the master bedroom, William “Spike” Sullivan was perched on the bench by the window; which he had propped open while he smoked. Down below he could almost make out the sunbathing beauties below; although his attentions were only focused on Buffy’s delectable body that was barely covered by a miniscule red bathing suit. Inhaling deeply, he coughed loudly when a woman’s voice startled him. Turning his head, Spike was surprised to find Evangeline standing behind him with an amused expression on her face.

“Ahha…you’ve met Buffy. No wonder you paid no attention to me when I came into the room.” Evangeline said with an amused expression on her face as she removed her earrings. “Sweet girl, but really quiet; total opposite of Cordelia, it’s amazing that they ever became friends.

I see that you have taken a liking to her, like every other male that meets Buffy. Poor dear really has no idea how beautiful she is.” The striking brunette laughed at Spike’s expression and disappeared into the bathroom. “Why so shocked, William? It’s human nature to appreciate beauty, especially someone that’s young and vibrant. Why do you think I’m with you, dear? Oh, don’t forget we have dinner reservations at eight.”

Frozen in place, Spike was astonished at Evangeline’s honest outlook on life. While he was quite aware that their relationship wasn’t the type that would be heading to the wedding chapel, Spike was still surprised to find out that she didn’t get upset that he was ogling her daughter’s friend. Hell, wouldn’t most women get angry if their significant other was checking out someone else? We’re they “significant”, relationship-wise? And, being brutally honest with himself…did he even care if they weren’t? Shaking his head in confusion, Spike snuffed out his cigarette in an ashtray and followed her into the bathroom to take a shower.


At seven o’clock sharp Spike just happened to be walking past the front door when the doorbell chimed loudly. Opening the door, he was surprised to find two college aged guys on the other side of the threshold. ‘Bleeding wankers aren’t worthy to lick the shoes their dates will be wearing’ , Spike thought to himself; his facial expression fully explaining to Buffy and Cordelia’s dates what he thought of them. Spike briefly considered telling them to take a hike and slamming the door in their faces, but his plan was thwarted when he heard the girls coming down the stairs.

“Are you going to let them in, Spike, or just stand there and stare at them all night?” Cordelia asked, coming to a rest at the platinum blonde’s side. “Excuse him; we don’t let him out much.” Pushing Spike out of the way and ignoring his annoyed look, she held the door open and motioned for their dates to come inside. “Buffy’s just finishing up getting dressed; she’ll be down in just a minute…er, or it looks like she’ll be down now.”

Buffy felt awkward as hell as she descended the stairs; mainly because everyone below was staring at her, but also because she had allowed Cordelia to talk her into wearing an overly expensive and very revealing dress. With thin spaghetti straps and short hemline, the body hugging sheath dress was most definitely the most daring outfit that she had ever worn. After adding a pair of black heels with rhinestones adoring the straps that went over her freshly pink painted toenails, some sparkling teardrop earrings and pulled her blonde locks into a French twist, Cordelia had proclaimed her a work of art; to Buffy, she just felt overdone and self-conscious.

“Buffy, you remember Angel, right?” Cordelia asked, pushing the hulking brunette towards her. Buffy nodded shyly as Cordelia ushered them all out of the house, “Spike, tell my mom not to wait up; like she ever would anyway.”

“Right, have fun then.” Spike replied sourly, adding to Buffy before she passed him, “Be careful, pet. Never know what those fraternity blokes are planning, yeah.”

“Um…yeah, ok. I’m sure we’ll be just fine, goodnight.” Buffy clumsily teetered towards the car, having a great deal of difficulty trying to walk in heels on the cobblestone driveway. Finally at the black Land Rover, Buffy graciously accepted Angel’s assistance in climbing into the backseat. “Thank you.”

“Not a problem. By the way, you look stunning tonight, Buff.” Angel stated rather shyly as he got into the car after her. Buffy quietly mumbled her gratitude to her date before turning to stare back at the house as they started to drive off and smiled when she saw Spike’s silhouette in the doorway; the lights of the house shining around him. For the second time that day, the butterflies in her stomach went crazy.