Author's Chapter Notes:
You have no bloody idea how hard it was to get this chapter written! GaH! Two weeks I tell you! Two! Between the TWO murders we've had so far and the countless fights and what nots caused by families being together for the holidays, my muse has been seriously stressed out. I am not overly pleased with what I have here...but, if I don't just bite the bullet and post, I fear I will never finish this story. So, that said...I am so sorry for the delay. I really hope you guys are still with me and that you like this update. Maybe I'm just so stressed out that it might be what's causing my displeasure. Let me know, ok? Have a great weekend! Oh and only 1 chapter left.
Standing in the middle of the brightly lit parking lot, Buffy stared dejectedly at the rear end of Spike’s car as it slowly pulled away; shivering in the cold night air as the red tail lights slowly moved further away from her. Not really paying all that much attention to anything around her, Buffy jumped when the silence was broken by a sharp crack. Looking down, she realized that at some point she had thrown her shoe at his car and the loud noise was the result of the high heel hitting the back window. Chewing her lip nervously, she cringed when the car stopped and the brake lights flashed as the driver side door was thrown open by a very unpleased Spike.

“What the bloody hell?” Spike shouted, leaning over the back of his car to check the damage; pulling back a black high heel in the process. Craning his neck, he scanned the parking lot around the car in search of the culprit, his eyes slowly making their way to where Buffy stood; one hand behind her back. “Buffy?”

“Um…hi?” She replied, unsure of what to say, she held the other shoe behind her back as if he wouldn’t know that she was the one that threw it at his car.

“I take it this belongs to you then, luv?” Spike asked, dangling the article in question by the thin straps. “What I don’t understand is why in the bleeding hell did you toss it at my car?”

“Um…you see, I needed to uh…stop you…to tell you that…I mean I …wanted you to…uh, know that….I…” Buffy stammered as her mounting nerves ruined the movie of the week moment she had planned.

“What are you on about? Aren’t you supposed to be inside with Captain Cardboard professing your undying love and all that rot?” Spike shot back, letting anger take the place of the sadness that filled his heart. Glaring at Buffy, who was currently shuffling from foot to foot, he gruffly asked, “Well, you plan on standing there all night or did you actually have something to say to me? ‘s not like I’ve got all night, ya know?”

“Oh, um…of course you do.” Buffy mumbled, feeling like a complete idiot for not remembering the woman that was with him earlier. Panic rose in her chest as horrifying thoughts of his mystery woman waiting in the passenger seat for him. As best as she could, Buffy scanned the dimly lit interior for any signs of life and sighed in relief when none were found. Locking eyes with Spike’s questioning glare, Buffy stammered, “Never mind…just forget that I bothered you, ok? I’m sorry.”

“Never said you bothered me, luv.” Spike interjected, “Just tell me what has you in such a fluster, yeah? I’d rather not play twenty questions right now.”

“I love you!” Buffy blurted out; her eyes widening in shock at her spontaneous admitted of her feelings; one lone heel clambered to the ground as she gasped and slapped her hands across her mouth.

“I’m sorry, you what?” Spike sputtered, taken by surprise by Buffy’s confession. “Run that one by me again.”

“I love you.” She murmured behind her clasped hands, only lowering them as Spike’s confused expression grew worse. “Really didn’t mean to just blurt it out that way, but I love you. I…I’m so sorry for dragging this whole thing out and making a huge deal about well…everything, when I could have just faced my feelings. It’s you that I want, Spike. It’s always been you.”

“And…what? What did you honestly expect for me to say to that, Buffy?” Spike demanded, his temper flaring. The one thing he had hoped for was that she would come to her senses and now that the time was here, hearing her say those words only provoked his anger. “Seems to me that you’re a bit quick to throw those words around, wasn’t it just the other day when you said you were in love with Riley?”

“You have no idea how much I regret saying that to you, Spike.” Buffy timidly crossed the distance between them. “I was scared…of my feelings for you. Feelings that I thought were long forgotten. I know that’s not an excuse for the way I treated you, but I hope that maybe you can see things from my point of view and…”

“Forgive you? Put it all aside, so that we can toddle off into the sunset holding hands while the sodding trumpets play in the background? Not likely, luv. This isn’t a bloody movie. I’ve got my pride, ya know?” Spike huffed out, crossing his arms across his chest instinctively, which was a bit difficult since he was still holding her shoe.

“Oh, um…I understand.” Buffy replied, her breath hitching as she desperately tried to control the tears that were bubbling just below the surface. “I’ll just…um...go, ok? I’m sorry.” Not bothering to look up at Spike’s face, or waiting for a response, she spun around to leave.

“Obviously not,” Spike exclaimed, reaching out and grabbing her bicep to keep her from leaving, “Otherwise, you’d know the whole pride thing was just a smokescreen.”

“Really?” She whispered, looking up into his blue eyes hopefully as he pulled her close; their bodies touching ever so slightly. “I mean…you feel…with the…um…”

“Bloody hell woman, do you ever shut up?” Spike grumbled, bowing his head to press his lips tightly against hers; eliciting a moan of satisfaction from deep within Buffy’s chest as she melted in his arms. Wrapped up in one another, neither noticed when her remaining shoe clattered to the ground, forgotten in their moment of passion, which was rudely interrupted by the disapproving sounds as a couple passed by. Guiltily, they broke apart, their bodies still fairly close together as they glanced over to their not so appreciative fan club; Spike’s glare bordered on annoyance, while Buffy’s face flared red with embarrassment when she realized who had interrupted their make out session.

“Oh my god!” She groaned, burying her head against Spike’s chest in mortification. Seconds later, surprising even herself, Buffy erupted into a fit of giggles; laughing hysterically. At Spike’s questioning and mildly worried gaze, she sputtered, “That was Riley’s aunt and uncle! Judging from their faces, I don’t think I’m going to be let back in to get my stuff, huh?”

“No, pet…I highly doubt that either one of us are still on the guest list.” Spike joked, letting a smile creep onto his face as Buffy’s burst of laughter became contagious. Rubbing his hands up and down her bare arms, he said, “Come on then, luv. Let’s get out of here, yeah? Don’t need you catching a cold tonight...got too much planned for you to get sick.”

“I’m all for getting out of here,” Buffy replied as she allowed him to steer her around the car to the passenger side, holding the door open so that she could slide inside. “I may have a thing or two in store for you tonight, too.”

“Saucy lil’ minx…you’d better not be teasing me, luv.” He murmured huskily, leaning in to kiss her thoroughly before shutting the door; leaving Buffy panting for more. Quickly, he jogged across the lot and gathered up Buffy’s abandoned shoes before hopping in the car and speeding away in the direction of his house.

“Why’d you have to live all the way on the other side of town?” Buffy whispered, her breath laced with barely audible moans as she nibbled and licked around Spike’s earlobe and neck; causing growls of impatience to emanate from his chest.

“That’s it, can’t bloody well wait until we get home!” He barked, jerking the steering wheel and careening the car down a darkened dirt road, half hidden with drooping limbs that scratched along the roof eerily. Throwing the car into park, Spike wrapped his hands around her tiny waist and hauled Buffy clear across the seat; firmly planting her across his lap and smashing his lips against hers hungrily.

Buffy cried out in surprise before giving into the emotions swirling inside; devouring his lips greedily, moaning passionately against his lips. His hands clawed at her thighs, setting the flesh on fire with each touch as he slid them under the silky material of her dress; resting them briefly on the swell of her hips before grasping tightly and ripping her drenched thong from her body in one swift movement. Rising up slightly so that Spike could slip one hand between her quivering thighs, Buffy moaned deeply when he eased one finger inside, pumping it in and out slowly as if hell bent on driving her insane with desire. “Can’t…wait, Spike…need you.” She gasped, writhing in his lap, thrusting against the motion of his hand.

“Mmm…think you can hold off just a bit longer, kitten.” He murmured against her neck, nuzzling the soft skin just below her ear. “Gonna make you scream first.” It didn’t take long, in fact only a few seconds of massaging her swollen clit with his thumb and he had Buffy screaming like a banshee. Mesmerized by her beauty, he watched as she slowly descended from her orgasm; green eyes clouded with lust, hair billowing around her shoulders and cheeks flushed prettily. Not waiting for her to come down from the orgasmic high, Spike unzipped his black dress pants and freed his rigid shaft, rubbing her clit teasingly before plunging inside her heated channel and burying himself to the hilt. “God, Buffy...so bloody tight. Fuck, pet.” He gritted out, trying to hold back from plowing into her roughly as they both adjusted to being together again. “Don’t know how long I can hold off.”

“Doesn’t matter…we’ve got all night.” Buffy panted, wiggling her hips to get Spike moving. “Oh! Yes!” She cried, digging her nails into his leather covered shoulders as he gripped her hips tightly, thrusting deeply inside. “Oh…Spike! Feels…so…good,” Buffy panted, stars already blooming behind her eyelids. Waves of pleasure swirled throughout her body as they moved together in perfect rhythm and within moments, her second orgasm of the night spiraled through her. Buffy screamed in ecstasy, tossing her head back as pleasure ripped through her quivering body, stars dancing before her closed eyes as she arched her back and accidentally honked the horn in the process. “Oops!” Buffy giggled, breaking into a bright smile, wiggling her hips against Spikes. “Guess our location has been given away!”

“Don’t rightly care, pet!” Spike barked. His eyes were wide open, relishing the sight of Buffy riding him; her head tilted backwards, long locks flowing down her back. Their cries filled the small space of the front seat as they moved together, matching one another thrust for thrust until they were both shaking and screaming with ecstasy. Minutes ticked away in the heated enclosure, windows steamed from their passion, before Spike was able to speak. Capturing Buffy’s lips, he kissed her thoroughly and whispered, “God, I missed you…love you so much, pet.”

Watching the emotions roll over his face, Buffy held back the tears of joy that prickled in her eyes, finally understanding what it meant to be happy and loved. “I love you, too.”

After cleaning up a bit, thankful for have a packet of tissues in the glove box, Buffy nibbled her lip for a minute and timidly asked, “Um…can I ask you something?”

“You can ask me anything, luv. What is it?”

“That girl earlier, the one you brought to class? Who…I mean, were you two…um, involved?” Twirling her hair, Buffy held her breath and awaited his answer.

“Very much so, pet.” He replied, trying to hide the smirk on his face. Unable to hold his laughter at bay, Spike chuckled loudly when he saw Buffy’s face pale at his answer. “She’s my editor, Buffy. Nothing to worry about, I promise, just came down for the weekend with her husband to pick up my latest chapters.”

“Oh, thank the world! She seemed really nice and I was really going to hate having to claw her eyes out!” Buffy answered, only mildly joking with Spike. Reaching over, she grabbed his hand and scooted closer to him, resting her head on his shoulder as her eyelids drooped wearily. Tilting her head up slightly, she placed a kiss to his jawbone and whispered. “I really do love you. I’m sorry I was so stupid before about my feelings.”

“Weren’t stupid, kitten…you were just thinking with your brain, took a little longer for your heart to speak up. Doesn’t matter though, you’re here now and you were worth the wait, luv.” Spike replied with a smile, realizing that for the first time in years he was truly happy. Glancing down at Buffy, he chuckled when he saw she had indeed fallen asleep against his shoulder and had more than likely missed his answer. Lifting their joined hands, he lightly kissed the back of her hand before releasing it and put his arm around her tiny frame; holding on to her as she slept. “You’ll always be worth the wait, Buffy.”