Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much for the amazing feedback on this story! Sorry this update took so long to get out, but last week was just HELL! I literally spent 4 days working on Lose Control and got like 600 words written. My muse was being a stubborn bitch to say the least. So, I decided to work on this one. It's a bit short, but juicy. Hope you like. Also, one partial line in this is from Season 7 Ep 2 (Beneath You), so don't sue. It was fitting.
She was there…again. Lounging next to the pool with Cordelia in a miniscule cotton candy pink bikini; teasing him, taunting him, driving him mad with want. Tales of her being forever present in their home were clearly not exaggerated. From his perch in the master bedroom’s bay window, Spike groaned as Buffy awkwardly reached behind her back and untied the brightly colored strings to her bathing suit top; unknowingly granting him with a peek at the silhouette of one perfectly globed breast. Jamming his hand into his pocket, Spike dug out his lighter and quickly lit the awaiting cigarette dangling precariously between his lips. Spike inhaled deeply, savoring the feel of nicotine and smoke, and praying that his vice would be able to calm his nerves.

It had been three weeks, twenty one miserable days, since Cordelia had stumbled across him and Buffy in the kitchen; totally unaware that she had almost found them in one hell of a compromising position, oblivious to the fact that Spike had been on the verge of kissing her beautiful best friend. Spike knew what he was feeling was wrong, and sure as hell knew that giving in to his desires would cause serious damage to several people that he had grown to care about.

In attempts to assuage his own guilt, Spike laid partial blame on Evangeline for his developing feelings for Buffy, since his lover was never home as of late. In fact, as of today, Spike hadn’t seen her for nearly a week since she was ‘on location’ in Kauai. However, deep down, Spike knew that he was the only one to blame for his own thoughts; but it didn’t help when day after day he was faced with the object of his desire, scantily clad and prancing around the house.

So far, he had managed to steer clear of the teenage girls on most days; hiding out in either the bedroom or library under the pretense that he was trying to finish his paper, but now that the task was completed, Spike was going stir crazy. Pacing across the massive bedroom, he puffed away on his cigarette and barely gave a fleeting thought to the fact that Evangeline had asked him to stop smoking in their room. Pinching the filter, Spike crushed the cigarette out in an ashtray and peeked out the window again; making sure that the girls were still by the pool before heading downstairs to the kitchen for something to drink.



“Egad! It’s hot out here!” Buffy exclaimed as she refastened her bathing suit top and rolled over onto her back. “Was it this miserable out here yesterday?”

“No, it wasn’t. I’m pretty sure that we can now officially call this town, SunnyHELL, because of this heat wave. The Devil himself would be sweating out here.” Cordelia replied listlessly. “But, that’s the price we have to pay! Gotta have a nice tan for the party this weekend.”

“I’m beginning to think that pasty pale would be the way to go. I’m gonna go get a frosty beverage, you want anything?” Getting to her feet, Buffy wrapped a towel around her waist before heading towards the house.

“A really cold water would be awesome.” Cordelia ordered as she rolled off her float and into the water. “Ugh, it totally sucks when it’s just as hot in the pool as it is outside of it!”

Buffy’s laugh twinkled through the air as she made her way across the courtyard to the backdoor. Opening the back door, her skin erupted in chill bumps when the frigid indoor air spilled onto her heated flesh. Rubbing her hands over her arms rapidly, Buffy tried to warm up as she crossed the tiled floor, making her way to the refrigerator.

“Why is it tha’ I always seem to find you with your head in the ice box, pet?” Spike asked with a bemused expression on his face. “You can’t possibly eat that much.”

“Spike, you have so got to quit sneaking up on me like that! You almost made me drop our drinks.” Buffy awkwardly shuffled the bottles in her arms, as well as the bag of grapes and snack cakes she had pilfered. Laying the refreshments on the kitchen counter, she turned around to find herself face to face with Spike and tried to convince her mind that it was the residual effects of an overactive air conditioner and the cool air from the fridge that send chills down her body, and not the luscious man in front of her. “Um…see? You with the sneakiness! Bell…collar, look into it.”

The low growl of laughter coming from Spike sent her heart rate through the roof and the butterflies in her stomach a flight. His penetrating cerulean gaze sliced through Buffy, the lust evident in his stare making moisture pool between her legs. Never before had she experienced this type of desire; an ache for another person making all rational thought fly right out the window. Her breath hitched in her throat as his fingers grazed along her upper arm. Nervously, Buffy licked her lips and murmured, “Spike?”

“Buffy.” He whispered hoarsely, unable to tear his eyes away from the pink tongue that was wetting her lips. ‘What are you doing?’ his conscience screamed as his hand seemed to move on its own accord, coming to rest around Buffy’s tiny waist and pulling her closer to him; their bodies flush against one another. ‘Spike! Stop it now! You’re supposed to be avoiding Buffy, not making out with the chit, you bloody pillock!’

Buffy was trembling; there was no other way to describe the feelings coursing through her body. ‘OHMYGOD! Buffy Summers just what do you think you are doing, young lady?’ her mother’s voice screamed inside her head. ‘He’s your best friend’s mom’s something or another and this is so very much in the wrong!’ Buffy’s own voice of reason shouted; causing her stomach to twist and turn in knots of worry. ‘I am so going to Hell for this!’ She mentally told herself, giving in to the desires that were building deep inside her core. Raising her arms slowly, Buffy tentatively placed her hands flat against Spike’s bare chest.

Inches apart now, Spike’s mind swam with need as her breasts pushed against his chest with every breath. Looking down, he hardened with an intense craving when he spied the tiny buds of her nipples hardened with desire and straining behind the scant piece of material covering her breasts. There was another fleeting thought that what he was doing was wrong before he pushed it to the corner of his mind and lowered his head to capture her lips with his own. The kiss was slow, experimental at first; his tongue lightly traced along her bottom lip before delving further inside; eliciting a whimper of surprise from Buffy. She was on the tips of her toes, pressed against the cool marbled counter, hands clenching Spike’s shoulders as she pressed into him. The ache at the apex of her thighs was bordering on unbearable and she squeezed her legs together tightly in an attempt to make it desist; but her actions proved to be unsuccessful since tiny jolts of electricity seemed to flow from the sensitive flesh at the slightest movement.

Buffy groaned in satisfaction when one of Spike’s muscular thighs wedged between hers and rubbed against her center, as if he were reading her mind and knew what she needed at that moment. His hands fisted in her hair, pulling the blonde locks from the baby blue clip atop her head; Buffy barely noticed when it fell to the ground. She did, however, notice when Spike’s hands began to tug suggestively on the straps of her bathing suit top; loosening them enough that the material began to sag in the front and threatened to fall off. Pushing against Spike, she grasped at the strands and exclaimed, “What in the world! Oh God! What are we doing?”

Breathless, Spike could only stare at the beauty in front of him; hair mussed, face flushed with passion and lips swollen from his kisses. It was then that the shock in her eyes gained his attention and he suddenly felt about an inch tall. Stepping away from Buffy, Spike forced himself to the opposite side of the kitchen. “I…I’m sorry, pet. Don’t rightly know what came over me.”

“Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!” Buffy chanted as she straightened her clothes and hair. “I…you…I mean we…we can’t do that! You’re Evie’s boyfriend for the love of Pete! Ew! Oh God! I have to get out of here!” Gathering the items she had come in search of, Buffy quickly flew from the room; leaving a bewildered and remorseful Spike in her wake.