Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for all of the totally fantastic reviews! You guys just have no idea how happy they made me! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter, but a word of caution...evil cliffhanger ahead. As if you didn't know that, right?
Buffy’s heart skipped a beat as his lips caressed every inch of skin that was bared to his hungry gaze. The thought that any man would look at her with that much intensity, that much heated desire made her skin tingle with anticipation and her body ache with need; all of which were foreign emotions for her. “I…I’m really…n…” She stammered, trying to object to his declaration of her beauty; but when her eyes locked with his, indigo blue and simmering with a combination of lust and adoration, it shocked her and she whispered, “Thank you.”

“No need to thank me…just statin’ the obvious, luv.” Spike whispered against the soft skin in the hollow of her neck. Her hands were fisted in his hair, fingers idly tousling the softened curls that were now free of gel; occasionally brushing along the nape of his neck and causing Spike to shudder in delight. He was aching to be inside of her, his throbbing member strained against the thin slip of sheet that was nestled between them, no doubt pressed against Buffy’s thigh.

The breathy sighs Buffy was emitting were driving him insane with an animalistic need to ravage her body and it took all of his self control to pull away from her writhing body. “Kitten…I think we need to stop.” Spike panted as he rested his forehead against hers.

“Huh?” Buffy relied, slowly coming out of a lust induced haze. “Why stop? I told you I was ready, Spike.” Insecurity overwhelmed her again and she nibbled her bottom lip nervously.

“Hmm…well, have you stopped to consider that maybe I’m not?” Spike murmured, his voice tinged with amusement as he kissed her forehead lightly. Their eyes connected for barely a second when her eyes lit up and she tried to shove him away; obviously thinking that he didn’t want to be with her. “Tha’s not how I meant it, kitten. ‘s just that there’s some things that I need to take care of before we go any further.”

“Oh. So, um…what’s the uh…what?”

“Well, I don’t think its right proper for me to shag you while I’m still currently living in Evie’s house, yeah? ‘s not like we’re actually together; haven’t seen her in nearly three weeks. And, just so you know, I fully intend on breaking things off completely with her when she and Cordy get home Sunday night. So, when I leave ‘ere I’m goin’ to pack up my meager belongings and get a hotel room until I can find a place of my own.” He stopped briefly to catch his breath and chuckle at Buffy’s shocked expression; only continuing his speech after brushing a kiss across her lips. “Secondly, I fully intend on taking you on an actual date. That is, if it’s all right with you, luv.”


After what seemed like hours, but in reality was only about thirty minutes, they finally managed to untangle themselves from not only the sheets, but also from one another. There had been a brief awkwardness while getting dressed, mainly on Buffy’s part since she had never been that unclothed in front of a man in broad daylight, but she had overcome her shyness as Spike’s eyes seemed to never leave her body; filled with a wanton lust that had her practically shaking with desire. Overcome with want, he had stalked across the bedroom and promptly drew her into his arms, backed her against a wall and attacked her lips with a ferocity that had her mind spinning. By the time he was able to get out the front door, Spike’s demeanor was very much on the disheveled side and he was minus his black undershirt; which Buffy had claimed on her way to the bathroom.

Spike promised to be back to pick her up in two hours, which gave Buffy more than enough time to shower and get dressed. However, she was having a great deal of difficulty deciding what to wear since he wouldn’t tell her where he was taking her for dinner. Normally, Buffy would just throw on a pair of jeans and whatever shirt happened to strike her fancy; but tonight was different, it was special. Shoving aside all of her typical everyday clothes, she found what she was looking for shoved almost nearly to the back of her closet. It was a sundress her mother had bought for her on a whim, hoping Buffy would actually wear it. Slipping the garment over her head, careful not to mess up her hair that she had painstakingly hot rolled to perfection, Buffy admired herself in the mirror. The black gossamer material, adorned with cabbage roses in various hues ranging from crimson to rose, fell nearly to the floor and clinged to her curves as if the dress were made specifically for her.

Upon closer inspection, Buffy realized that the wispy spaghetti straps were too small to allow for a standard bra and since she despised the strapless style, she decided to go without. After a great deal of wriggling, she tossed the offending garment onto the dresser and studied her reflection again; this time deciding it was just right. Slipping on a pair of black sandals, she headed out of her bedroom just as the doorbell chimed.

Spike was surprised to find that he was nervous about taking Buffy out on a real date. And because of said nervousness, he was currently fidgeting like a nancy boy on her front porch. When she opened the door, however, he realized that his current condition was instantly multiplied and he stammered incoherently. “Wow…I mean, hello…um, hi!” Totally lacking all social skills at this point, he thrust the bouquet of white and pink roses directly into Buffy’s face. “You…look beautiful, pet.”

Just as anxious as Spike, Buffy paid no attention to his nervous rambling as she took the flowers from him, promptly stuck her face directly into them and inhaled deeply; sighing in pleasure at the aroma. “Thank you! Um…lemme put them in some water, and then we can go. Where are we going anyway?”

“Nice try, luv…but it’s a surprise.” He replied, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind as she filled a vase with water for the roses. “Better hurry it along though; we’ve got about a two hour drive.”

As Spike had predicted, the drive took nearly two hours and shortly after their arrival at the quaint seaside restaurant Buffy was nearly in tears at the overwhelming feelings that were consuming her body. He had obviously put in a great deal of time in making sure that their first date was something straight out of a romantic movie. Sequestered in the darkened corner of the patio, the white covered table was decked out with several white votive candles as well as a small vase with pink roses like the ones he had given her earlier. “Jus’ wanted tonight to be special, luv.” He had whispered into her ear as she gushed in awe over the romantic setting.

After dinner, which had included a To Die For desert of chocolate soufflé, they had walked hand in hand along the shore before heading back to the car for the long ride home. Now, as the night drew to an end, they stood awkwardly on Buffy’s front porch; both unsure of what to do next.

“I had a really good time tonight.” Buffy finally said as she fidgeted with her keys. Shyly, she eased up onto the tips of her toes and placed a kiss onto his cheek before tumbling into his open arms.

“Me, too. Best bloody night of m’life, pet.” Spike whispered hoarsely, turning his head so that his cheek rested against her hair. Inhaling, he lost himself for a moment in the smell that was uniquely Buffy; a heady mixture of honey and vanilla, with hints of violets and sunshine. “Mmm…m’drowning in you, luv. Don’t want this night to end.”

“Then it shouldn’t…end, I mean.” Buffy whispered, pulling back to look up into Spike’s eyes. “Stay with me tonight.” She said, more of a command than a request as she took hold of his hand and pulled him into the darkened house.

“I’ll stay with you forever, pet…all you have to do is ask.” Spike murmured before pulling her against him roughly and devouring her lips with his own. Momentarily they broke apart, panting, and climbed the stairs to Buffy’s bedroom where Spike took her back into his arms.

Their movements were shaky and hurried as they peeled clothes off of one another’s bodies; desperate for the feeling of flesh against flesh. Once bared to each other’s nudity, Spike swept Buffy into his arms and laid her gently onto the bed. Thinking that she looked like an angel, golden hair spread out against the pale pillowcase; faint light from the moon casting an ethereal hue upon her body. “God you’re beautiful.” He whispered; his breath hot against her skin. Slowly, Spike crawled up her body, placing kisses to her calves, thighs and stomach along the way.

It never crossed Buffy’s mind to argue with Spike as he uttered how beautiful she was with every kiss to her body; she was far too gone with desire to do anything other than nod along in agreement with whatever he said. Finally, he was nestled between her quivering thighs and gazing at her with such intensity that moisture pooled at her sensitive apex; the throbbing core that was begging for release. She arched into his hand as it slid between their bodies, pressing against her clit. “Mmm…” Her moan escaped, breathy and filled with lust.

“So bloody beautiful, my golden goddess, you are. Going out of m’mind for you, luv. Can’t wait to be buried inside your delectable lil’ quim.” Spike slipped a finger inside her channel, felt it tighten immediately against his intrusion and mind was overcome with need as he thought about how she would feel around his cock. “So wet for me already, pet…you want me as much as I want you, don’t you?”

Unable to speak, Buffy writhed against his hand as it pumped slowly in and out of her body; overcome by passion. Eyes closed, she nodded in response as he added another finger and began to massage her clit at an achingly slow speed. “Spike…I…oh, I need…”

“What is it, kitten? Tell me what you need.” Just being in the same bed with her was driving him insane, the feel of her bare flesh, heated against is skin, combined with the intoxicating aroma of her sex was overwhelming. “God, what you do to me…” Spike murmured just as Buffy’s first orgasm catapulted through her body; causing her to spasm beneath him. Leaning down, he waited until she floated back down to Earth before capturing her lips in a searing kiss.

“Mmph…Spike! Buffy pulled back from the embrace, feeling the tip of his cock nudging against her entrance. When met with his questioning gaze, she quickly stammered, “Protection. I’m not…uh, on the pill.”

“Oh bloody buggering hell! I left them in m’bag in the car.” Spike cried woefully, “Be right back, luv.”

“No wait! I…um…have some.” Buffy blushed profusely at her admittance, especially when Spike wagged his eyebrows at her and hooked his tongue over his front teeth in the suggestive way he was oh so good at doing. “I mean…not that I…um…expected to use them, but anyway…” Amazingly, she was able to stop her stammering and point at the stuffed pig that had somehow taken up residence on the floor. “Can you hand me Mr. Gordo?”

“Mr. Gordo? Honestly?” He inquired as he leaned over to get the stuffed animal in question. “Why, may I ask do you need this, kitten?”

“Because of this.” She stated as she unzipped the pig’s chest compartment and pulled out a short strand of condoms. “I got them as a gag gift from Cordy.” Buffy clarified, instantly regretting that she had to mention her best friend’s name in the current situation they were in.

Sensing her discomfort, Spike reached out and took the condoms from her hand, peeled off one and set it aside before leaning down to kiss her again; immediately erasing any bad thoughts from either of their minds. When he thought that she was pleasantly distracted, he opened the wrapper, reached between their now sweat glistened bodies and rolled the condom down his length. Positioning himself at her entrance, he whispered, “Are you ready, pet?” He asked cautiously when their eyes met and Buffy nodded, smiling at him in a way that caused his heart to ache, hating that he was about to cause her pain. Sliding inside, Spike groaned as her heat surrounded him; when he came to her virgin barrier, he paused and whispered, “’m sorry pet, I promise to try to not hurt you anymore than this.” Thrusting forward, he flinched when her fingernails dug into his biceps and she cried out softly in pain. Peppering her face with kisses, he whispered, “Buffy, luv…we can stop if it’s too much.”

Buffy felt hot tears leak out of the corners of her eyes and slide down her cheeks. Knowing that her tears would cause Spike to worry, she shook her head side to side and whispered, “No! Just…go slow, ok?” She felt him timidly start to move inside her and slowly she started moving with him. Their bodies flush against one another, her hips meeting his as his shaft sank deep inside her womb; hitting the sensitive ball of nerves buried there. Heat spread throughout her lower body, causing her legs to tremble with passion as their movements became heated and frenzied with need. “Oh, my….Mmm…Spike!” Buffy chanted along with his thrusts, gripping his arms tighter and tighter until she was sure that blood had been drawn. Her eyes closed tightly as she felt her release begin to take over.

“Keep ‘em open, luv…I wan’ to watch as you come.” Spike ordered breathlessly, pumping into her tight opening; wild with desire and need to consume her completely.

Her eyes open now, glimmering like pools of liquid emeralds, he watched as her orgasm ripped through her body; mouth agape as she moaned her pleasure loudly, clinging to his body like a lifeline and inherently female muscular legs wrapped around his narrow waist, trembling madly as her release neared its end. Desperately aching to share this moment with her, Spike drove harder into her body, causing her screams to grow louder with each thrust until finally he exploded into her womb; stars bursting behind his eye lids and screaming madly as Buffy bit down onto his shoulder as her own release subsided.

For several moments they lay there in complete silence, too overwhelmed to do anything other than try to catch their breath. When Spike slid from her body, he felt a surprising feeling of sadness, as if he were no longer complete and was once again shocked at how much he cared for Buffy. Pressing a kiss to her forehead he excused himself to the bathroom to discard the used condom quickly so that he could hurry back into the bedroom to Buffy. When he got back to the bed, he found that she had already pulled back the comforter and crawled underneath; sliding in beside her, Spike folded his arms around her tiny frame and held her until long after they had fallen asleep.

The sun had already raised high into the sky and both Spike and Buffy were in a deep sleep. So deep, that they never heard the front door slam shut, the heavy footsteps of someone climbing the stairs in a hurry, nor did they pay any attention to the sharp intake of breath that came shortly before the shrill shout.

“Buffy Anne Summers!”