Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it's been awhile but hopefully I will be able to update at least once a week. Thanks to everyone who has left feedback so far and it's much appreciated. Keep the reviews coming because because they feed my muse. :) This is still not beta'd so if anyone is interested please email me and let me know. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Giles, Xander, Anya and Spikes new girlfriend Tara walked into the living room. Giles remained standing while everyone else took a seat around the room. Taking his glasses off and pinching the bridge of his nose he went on to ask, “well Spike, now tell us exactly what and who it is you think you saw in the graveyard tonight.”

All eyes were on him, waiting to hear what he had to say. Tara walked over and sat beside Spike on the sofa while the others all took seats around the room. Joyce on the other hand was too nervous to sit down at the moment so she remained standing behind the recliner leaning on the back of it.

Tara reached over and placed her hand on top of Spikes that was currently drumming on his thigh, and gave him a reassuring squeeze to show her support. He turned to look at her and gave her a small smile happy for the support. Of course he didn’t think she was going to be too happy when she found out who was back.

He turned back to all the expectant faces and took in a shaky breath before looking directly at Joyce as he told them. “I saw Liz tonight in the cemetery.” He heard the room of people all gasp at this and felt Tara squeeze his hand a little tighter. When he turned to look into her eyes he saw fear and a little bit of sadness in them.

Joyce had come around and plopped down in the chair just staring directly at Spike and then asked him, “How did you see her when she’s been gone a year now?” He just looked at her and knew what he was about to say was going to upset her. But he had to tell them and hope for the best.

“I was at her gravesite when I saw her. I know this is going to be hard for you to hear but, she’s a vampire.” Nobody said anything at first; they were just staring at him with unreadable expressions on their faces. He thought maybe they didn’t hear him by the way nobody was saying a word. But then finally Giles broke the silence with, “Oh good lord you can’t be serious Spike.” With that he once again took off his glasses and started to clean them.

Joyce let out a small gasp and started to say something but then closed her mouth. She looked around the room and then back at Spike her eyes pleading with him to tell her different. When he just looked back at her with sorrow she shook her head then looked at the ground with silent tears running down her cheeks. Spike didn’t know what to do for her at that moment because god knows he had a myriad of emotions running through him. He felt he needed to say something though so he said the only thing that came to mind. “I’m so sorry Joyce. I wish I were wrong but trust me when I say she’s out there err undead so to speak.”

She slowly looked up and gave him a small humorless smile. The room was still and quiet for what seemed like forever. Tara was still holding Spikes hand trying to show her support but knowing at the back of her mind this was going to end badly for her and Spikes tentative relationship they had. Looking around at everyone waiting for someone to speak or make some sort of noise she finally couldn’t stand it anymore and broke the silence. “So, what do we do from here and what does this mean for everyone? I mean, are we going to go out and hunt her down to stake her or leave her be?”

That got Spike to react. He leapt off the couch and spun around on her before looking in her eyes and exclaimed, “god NO! We are not going to hunt her down to stake her or kill her in any other way.” Tara was kind of taken aback by the abrupt behavior as was the others in the room. “Honey, I didn’t mean we should go and stake her it was just a harmless question. I mean nobody else seemed to be saying anything so I just thought I might break the silence and get someone here speaking.” She could feel the tears coming and fought to hold them in. She glanced around at the others in the room still waiting for someone to jump in and say something regarding this whole situation but so far, nothing.

Spike took a deep breath and let it out slowly while closing his eyes and trying to get his emotions under control a bit. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to yell at you I’m just under a bit of stress right now yeah. Shaking his head and looking at the ceiling, “I think this whole thing has shaken me up a bit.” Looking back at Tara and seeing the conflicting emotions behind her eyes he sits back down beside her and takes her hand in his and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

Xander finally decides to add something to the mix. “What are we going to do man? I mean we can’t just let her run around and eat everyone in town. Oh god! Is she going around and eating people because I don’t want to be her next midnight snack if you know what I mean.” His girlfriend was quick to de-escalate the situation. “Honey, let’s not worry about that right now and I highly doubt she’ll be coming over to have you as a midnight snack.” Even she could feel the tension getting thicker in the room.

Joyce was really upset about hearing that. “Xander do you have to bring something up like that I’m not finding this situation very funny, so I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t joke around right now.” Even in the back of her mind she too was wondering the same thing. Should she worry about her coming to the house and trying to eat her and Dawn or worse yet turn one of them.

Everyone must have forgotten about Dawn in all the hustle and bustle because they were all getting pretty loud and woke Dawn. Curious as to why everyone was at her house so late at night she slowly and quietly snuck down the stairs to listen in. When she heard her sister’s name come up she came to stand behind her mom but nobody noticed. Not until she wrapped her arms around Joyce’s’ shoulders did anyone remember the teen in the house.

“Oh Dawnie I’m sorry did we wake you?” She really didn’t want to discuss what was really going on right now and hoped she hadn’t heard too much. “Don’t worry mommy, everything’s going to be ok now.” Oh god, Joyce thought, she did hear and I don’t know how to explain this to her. Hell she didn’t even fully understand herself right now.

Giles finally spoke up, “I think we all need to go home and get some sleep and discuss this further come tomorrow or should I say later today.” Everyone slowly got up and silently agreed with him that yes they needed some rest after hearing this. “I suggest we all meet up here later, say around 3pm, and by then everyone would’ve had some sleep and eaten.”

Giles, Anya, Xander and Willow left first giving Joyce and Dawn a reassuring hug and promising to see them tomorrow. Spike took his girlfriends hand and helped her off the couch giving her a small smile. She smiled back but felt something was different or off somehow in the feeling she got from him. They slowly walked to the door to say their goodbyes to Joyce and Dawn. Spike gave Joyce a firm hug before saying, “don’t worry Joyce, I’m sure we can figure out sumthin and just remember you and the bit should be fine as long as you don’t invite her or anyone else in you don’t know. Don’t know if she brought anybody with her or not so to be on the safe side just don’t invite anyone new in ok.”

“Of course dear, don’t worry about us we’ll be just fine for the few hours you all will be gone. Looking over at Tara who looked absolutely lost at the moment, “Tara honey take care of him right now okay he really needs it.” And with that she shut the door and turned to Dawn just giving her the look that said not right now. Dawn nodded and turned to go back upstairs with Joyce trailing behind after double checking everything was indeed locked.