Okay, I tried to format this differently, tell me if you guys like this better.
----------------

Chapter 2- First Impressions

After a 20 minute wait, the players finally mounted the ice once again. The announcer asked that everyone in the arena would stand as the national anthem was performed. Buffy caught her mystery man’s eye just as she stood. She couldn’t wait anymore.

“Cordy” she whispered, but her friend was oblivious as the sound of The Star-Spangled Banner echoed through out the arena. So, she tried again “Cordelia” she whispered more harshly. Nevertheless, she didn’t flinch. With a sigh, Buffy waited until the song was over and the clapping faded to speak up.

“So, number 12 on our team. He’s pretty cute, huh?” she tried to sound as casual as she could.

“Diffidently not ugly” Willow agreed before zoning out into the game.

Cordelia scanned the bench until she saw him, and then made a sound of disgust. “I guess- if you’re into that sort of thing” she said.

That comment struck Buffy’s curiosity. “What do you mean?”

“You’re kidding me right? Buffy, that’s William Giles” Cordy said as if she should automatically know what she was talking about.

“And I should know this because…”

“Buffy! Have you been living in a cardboard box? William Giles has only been the top headline of every gossip magazine and new coverage for like, four months now!”

“Why?”

Cordy gave a dramatic sighed. “You know who Dru Wellington is, right?”

“Yeah, she’s an actress right? Black hair, kinda got a gothic look working for her?”

“That’s the one. Well, number 12 over there is her ex” Cordy explained.

“They went out?” she asked, suddenly intrigued although she tried to play it off like she was just making small talk.

“Only for like, six years”.

“Wow, serious” Buffy seemed impressed. Not many couples lasted that long, none that she’d ever have, atleast.

“At least they were until four months ago”.

“He dumped her?”

“As if. Dru dropped his ass on the street where he belongs”.

“Why did they break up?” She wasn’t sure if she liked where this conversation was going....

“Dru filed charges against him. Scum-bag deserves to go to jail”.

“For?”

“Domestic abuse”.

Buffy shook her head. “What a creep” she said to Cordy.

“Tell me about it. All this violence must have gone to his head” she said as they watched one player check another one into the side of the rink. “Poor Dru, she’s gonna take a major beating for this when it comes to her career- not pun intended”.

“If he was charged for domestic violence, why is he still playing professional hockey? And why isn’t he behind bars?”

“He’s got a load of money. I bet he paid off the jury people. As for the coach, bet all the press has done wonders for the teams. You know- lots of media attention and all. What’s that phrase, ‘any publicity is good publicity’?”

‘Oh, great’ Buffy groaned to herself. She was making oogle eyes at a guy who beat up his girlfriend. That would go over well in her family. ‘Hi, this is my gorgeous boyfriend. Did I mention he abused his old girlfriend so bad she had to file charges? Yup! Restraining orders and all! Some say her acting career is ruined.’ Buffy groaned as she thought to herself ‘You really know how to pick ‘im Buff”.
----------------

Please review!