Chapter 5- Relationships

Both began to feel uncomfortable and Buffy pulled away.

“You know, I usually don’t blab my whole life to a total stranger. Traditionally its dinner and a movie that come first. Then the heart-wrenching relationship blues”.

“Followed by childhood tramas?”

“That about sums it up, pet”.

“I was never one for tradition anyways. But your whole life? I know there’s more about you that I don’t know about. I mean, unless you don’t want to tell me which is understandable because it’s private and I’m rambling, please stop me before I say something I reget”.

“Take a breather luv. Yeah, I’ll tell you another tale, but not before you do”.

“You wanna hear about the failure that is my love life?”

“Can’t be worse than mine. And yeah”.

“Okay, but only cause you asked. I dated a guy and we broke up”.

“You’re kidding, right?”

“There’s not much else to say”.

“Who was this bloke?”

“Angel...o. Angelo”.

“Angelo?”

“Ah, yeah. Angelo. He was the bloke. The bloke was he”.

“So, why’d you break up?”

“He cheated on me” she said quietly.

“Well, don’t be all broody about it. Everyone gets cheated on in atleast one relationship”.

“Who was yours?”

“Cecily”.

“She a bitch?”

“Oh, the bitchiest. But the guy she cheated on me with, cheated on her a week later”.

“Karma is a beautiful thing”.

“That it is, kitten”.

Buffy shivered at his nick-name and wraped her arms around her body, “I really am sorry about what I said earlier”.

“And I was serious when I told you not to fret bout it. Never very much cared what people thought of me anyhow”.

“Except for Dru?” it was more of a statement than a question.

“Except for Dru” he confirmed before the limo fell silent for a few minutes until it finally came to a stop”.

“We’re here”.

“Huh?”

“You’re place”.

“Oh, yeah. Guess we are”. Spike noticed Buffy’s hesitation.

“Something wrong, pet?”

“Actually, I was kinda waiting for you to ask for my number or something” she said with a small laugh, feeling awkward. Suddenly, she was hit with embarrasment when Spike didn’t response. “I was just kiddings. Dumb idea. Thanks for the ride. And, have a good lif-“ she stopped scooching across the seat, mid-sentence...s.

“Its not that I don’t think you’re a great girl, I do”.

“But?”

“Its just, my life is in a bit of a tumble right now and I don’t want anyone else having to get mixed into it”.

“I don’t mind a little drama with my man” she tried to lighten the mood.

“Maybe, I don’t know, in a few more months, this thing with Dru may just blow over and go back to normal. I just don’t think I could be in any sort of relationship right now”.

“I understand” she tried to say with conviction.

“Well, goodnight” he gave her a peak on the cheek before she exited the limo.

Buffy walked to the door of her house as the limo buzzed away. She opened the door to spot her two friends on the couch, watching television.