Chapter 6- Girl Talks

“Buffy there you are. Where the hell did you go? We were worried sick!” Cordy asked with her eyes glued to the screen.

Buffy rolled her eyes as she dropped her bag to the floor and kicked off her shoes.

“Riigghhttt. You guys look really concerned, you know, in between the handfulls of popcorn and taking turns getting a beer from the kitchen” she replied as she walked into the room and plopped down on the couch in between her friends.

“Knew there was a reason you go to Harvard” Willow quircked.

“Yeah? And how you and Cordy got into B.U. is beyond me” she said back as she dug into the bowl of popcorn
resting on her friend's lap.

“Hey! My daddy had nothing to do with that, if that what you think” Cordy defended.

“Oh God, Cordy! Don’t give us the “I have layers” speech. We all know that you’re much smarter than you look” Willow said.

“Thank-you!” she smiled triumphantly “...hey, wait a minute!”

Buffy and Willow both shared a laugh.

“But really, Buffy. Where did you go?” the red-head asked.

“Yeah, we saw you talking to William Giles one minute, the next minute we turn around and you’re no where to be seen” Cordy commented calmly.

“That’s it? What about ‘that scum-bag’ as you refered to him earlier?” she asked, suddenly very defensive.

“We know the truth about him Buff” Willow said.

“Okay, but how?” she asked skeptically.

“I was about to pull him away from you the second I saw him approach you, but Xander stops me and told me not to worry, and that William is a good guy” Cordy replied.

“But when you say the truth....”

“They didn’t tell us any details, just that the whole thing was a big misunderstanding” Willow said.

“We just didn’t get why it was going on if it wasn’t the truth” Cordy pried.

“I promised Will I wouldn’t tell. Just believe when I say he’s a really nice guy and completely innocent”.

“Can we talk about Oz now?” Willow asked excitedly.

“Yes, talk away” she encouraged

“Oz. Its short of Osbourne. That’s his last name. He’s so cool Buffy! Kinda low key, but his is such a babe. The whole ‘cool guy’ vibe he gives off is so...cool. And he plays the guitar! How hot is that? Apparently, him, Will and Xander are all in a band together but have been on remission ever since the whole trial thing started”.

“Who are you and what have you done with my best friend who has never ever been smitten with an average joe?” Buffy said kiddingly.

“But he isn’t average. And I am not smitten...he’s just so!” sigh.

“Okay, that’s enough weird for tonight. Cordy, how was Xander? Everything you expected and more?”

“I think he is. I mean, he does kinda have this dorky persona about him. And I’ve never been attracted to that, but I really think I do like him”.

“That’s great Cordy. I’m really happy for you, both of you. I assume you both got phone numbers too?”

Cordy and Willow, as if synchronized, both held up little white pieces of paper.

Buffy laughed.

“But about you, Buff?”

“Will doesn’t want me to get caught up in all the drama and media he’s going through right now. I think its sweet and all of him, but I hate when guys always think they know whats best for me”.

“So what are you going to do about that?”

“Your dad gets season tickets right, Cordy?”

“Yeah...”

“Well, my mother always taught me that if at first you don’t succeed-“

“Try, try again?” Willow offered.

“Damn, I was gonna say, “stalk the hottie”, but I guess that works too” she said with a smile.
-------------

Please review and I will give you more!